Page 16 of 472 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bones get broke View Post
    Oakie Douche: Why don't they groom more of this area?
    Me: Why do you want more groomers?
    Oakie Douche: Well what kind of snow do YOU like to ski?
    Me: Pow
    Oakie Douche: Huh?
    Me: Powder snow
    Oakie Douche: Where is that at?
    Me: (Blank stare as I turn my Ipod back on and say nothing)
    in the powder area. duh
    Live

overheared during a storm day with about five feet of new having fallen in the previous three days.

Snowboarder: "That jump was TIGHT! You know that powder jump."

Quote Originally Posted by green mtns rider View Post
    lastnight at work, this guy at my table asks "is snoop dogg really playing across the street tonight, or is that just bullshit"

i just glanced over toward the club, with 300 people in line, 8 cop cars and 2 huge tour busses outside. told him i had no idea snoop was in town.
    A sphincter say what?

Heard all of the following riding up the Outback chair at Keystone on Friday.

"I hate when I sink in the snow because there is too much of it"
    "What do they do with the moguls in the summer?"
    "What happens to the snow in the summer? Does it all melt away?"

Wife to husband on lift as they observe a telemarker: "wow. That looks hard how do they do that?" Husband: "they do it on cross country skis."

Vail Bus System

West Vail Red Route bus comes around and husband and wife ask the driver if the bus goes to the Cascade Resort....

Bus Driver: No you want to get on the West Vail Green
    Husband/Wife: We have been waiting here for an hour and a half we haven't seen a single Green colored bus come around?!!!????!?!?!?

jackass To asshole

it Is a long story ...

" by What authority do You make that decision ? " ...

F. It : i'm goin' SKIing . yo , Out . tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

In the Tram at Jay yesterday
    as were going over the face, a steepish shot with some technical terrain to pick through, totally skiable
    Gaper: Why do they even have the face open. Its not like you can ski it. All you can do is slide down it sideways. Its a total waste.
    Me: Its not a waste if you know how to ski, and turn
    Gaper: You mean to tell me you can ski that?
    Me: Yeah, and I even turn a few times
    Gaper: Ok, prove it, i wanna see your ass roll down it

I then proceed to show him exactly how skiable it is. And I didnt even ski it aggressively. Shut him right the fuck up
    Live

Me - wearing tights, running shoes and down jacket while plowing the VP parking lot: "Hey Adam, you know what I like best about driving the plow truck?"

Adam: "You can do it in your underwear?"
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Told to me by a friend last week.

Scene: The Looney Bean (coffee shop) in Mammoth. Told to the barrista.

Gaper 1 : "Yeah. We're gonna go shred the Negatives."

Keep in mind that Gaper 1 and the rest of the crew were wearing their beacons and were beeping while IN the coffee shop. Also, the Negatives are sidecountry off JUNE MOUNTAIN, a solid 20 miles from the coffee shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxsnowskisquatch View Post
    Pointing at my Dad's new Vokl Mantras "Man those things must be 20 years old I havent seen ski like that in a while".
    Someplace recently in Summit Co. don't really remember when or where, two different people on the same day looked at my bro's and said "man those look pretty old." I just don't get it...

Best line I've ever heard (last years though, so it doesn't REALLY count)

While riding up blue sky basin at Vail a guy had fallen bellow the lift and was taking a while getting his skis back on. His friends response...
    "What's the matter, you got snow in your vagina up there?"
    Last edited by Out_to_lunch; 03-02-2008 at 03:24 PM.
    "I just looked down to see if I was wearing my seatbelt, and I'm sitting at my desk in my room."
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/owencaprell/

"does this trail take you to the bottom, or do I have to hike back to get on a different one?"

I told him to just keep pointing it downhill. not witty enough in time

Teenage girl at half-way station with safety-bar down and a 30 minute wait, everybody was yelling at her to put the safety bar up and scoot over so a person could get on so she says," What? I am not getting off here (mid-way station with an uphill incline as the ramp) and then she just persues riding the lift by herself

PM SPAM...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom from Austria
    jepilot,
    there is an opportunity to ride the trees on Rax skis next week in NH:
    Wednesday March 5 to Friday at Cannon,
    Saturday March 8 and Sunday at Schneider Cup at Cranmore, North Conway Monday March 10 in Vermont.

My (Austrian) mobile nr is *43 650 5252550 (*43 for Austria).
    "Oh, no pics. To simulate the skiing today, walk out your door, grab a handful of snow, and throw it in your face. Repeat as necessary.
    If you don't have snow outside your door, what the fuck are you living there for?"
    -Bum Z 1/30/08

Guy with thick Southern accent talking about the halfpipe:
    “Them their skiers are going crazy up there in that U shaped stunt ditch”
    Last edited by unofficialandes; 03-05-2008 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unofficialandes View Post
    Guy with thick Southern accent talking about the halfpipe:
    “Them their skiers and going crazy up there in that U shaped stunt ditch”
    Now any halfpipe will be forever be the "stunt ditch".

not so much a gaper moment, as I'm pretty sure this kid was a decent skier but I was still cracking up -

get to the midway unloading station while he is talking about how wide his skis are/how many pairs he has/ how he got 3 pairs for $300 at his shop (fun to get these guys going). so the kid forgets to pull one of his poles up, too deep in brag mode, and the thing drags on the carpet, gets sucked under the chair, makes a sound that was similar to a beluga whale during mating season, and snaps.

"Ahh fuck, those are my new poles (but I got them for free). Am I that stupud?"

Yes. Yes, you are.

"Dude, I don't think they let you ride with a broken pole like that, you could impale a baby."
    boy man god shit

Skyline Express Lift, Blue Sky Basin, Vail, couple weeks ago.

Random Guy, tricked out in Lange race boots, Kjus jacket, Mantras: Is the snow good somewhere today?

Me: Excuse me?

RG: Is the snow good somewhere? I mean, hardly anything is skiable today.

(Yes, there was some consolidated crud, but also some good snow, and it was snowing pretty good.)

Me: Well. . . (pointing) snow's pretty good over there on Iron Mask and Lover's Leap. A bit chalky, but pretty soft, and it's accumulating.

RG stares at me, wide-eyed, for a moment.

RG: Oh, so you're, like. . . extreme!

Hardly.

in all honesty, whats the difference between a "halfpipe" and a "ditch?" Do all other countries call it a "halfpipe?"

this isnt from real recent, but a couple years ago I heard this at Snow Summit down in Socal, where they pretty much make all their snow...

"That was nice! They left the snow machines on for longer while i was skiing down and got some powder skiing!" wow

riding up Sugarloaf a couple weeks ago with an Aussie couple (the accent is very important to the hilariousness imo). They ask me where I'm going to ski that run, I tell them I'm going to wait for Devils Castle to open (I had just spoke with a patroller who said they were heading up for the last pass through)...

Aussie Gaper: "You've got all this mountain 'ere and you're gonna WAIT to ski on the part o'er there? Looks the same to me"

Me: silence

stratton, vt

Woman walks up to gondola lifty and says, "did you see a woman and a man with black ski jackets come here a little while ago? I am looking for them."

seriously...it was awesome

Riding chair 2 at Loveland yesterday, and it stops. Again. I hear an instructor below telling clients in pink jackets and fanny packs, "Now this is rated green on the trail map, but it would normally be a blue!"

Awesome. Way to hold back the ability level, buddy! Real strong work. Intimidation is definitely the best tactic for inspiring confidence.

Maybe not a total gaper quote per se, but it still irked me some.

Last Tuesday, I had some token "wow, they're so wide!" comment about my Lotuses, to which I replied "Obviously, you're not a golfer." That made me chuckle.
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

theres nothing i enjoy more than leading gapers into saying ridiculous shit. whenever a snowlerblader rides the lift with me its an awesome time. praxis are a curse in that you always get the fat ski comment, but that comment always starts a conversation that can be directed toward ridiculous things.
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=932&dateline=12042516  96

I was riding Casper today. Tourist looks up at Casper Bowl and says..."I heard that the bomb that bowl. Do they ever groom it?"

I explain a little bit, that there is no lift access, you have to hike, it's really, really steep,etc.

He says "Why on earth would a ski area have a place with no lift access? That's just dumb. "

I laughed, but seeing that the plan is for East Ridge chair to be moved to the headwall, in reality he nailed Jerry Blann's feelings on the subject at hand.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident