Page 399 of 405 FirstFirst ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 ... LastLast
Results 9,951 to 9,975 of 10114
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Dude, they rub your feet for a price.

Keep up. It was the only Ikon open in SLC Friday morning.

Pretty decent snow in a lot of places. It's not cut up fast, because, God damn, that is the worst collection of skiers I've seen in one place.
    I was there that day and disagree. Plenty of Altabird regulars skiing that day since LCC was closed and BCC was a traffic shit show.

Not the snowboarders.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Loading a quad chair at Alta yesterday a skier can't get through the gate. His buddies stand in the way and block others. No big deal, a few chairs end up getting loaded with two, three, one etc. We get on a chair with two 60 yo guys. As we head up the guy starts talking about the Packers, I say are you from Wisconsin? (we live in SLC all winter, 30 miles west of Milwaukee rest of the year) One guy says yes, Eau Claire WI, other guy says Denver. He makes another Packer comment to us, my wife says, no we are not Packer fans. Guy in a very agitated tone keeps going, "that's the worst Packer I have ever seen, what the hell was he doing"? I finally ask him what he is talking about? "The packer is totally incompetent, can't even get four people on a chair" Oh, I say, you mean the liftie, "in Colorado we call them packers"

I've never understood why if you and you friend(s)--who you spent perhaps hours with in the car, are going to ride the lift together 20-30 times that day, are maybe staying in the same house--don't get to ride one lift together it's a problem.

If I can ditch my bros for a ride with the hoes. Yep
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I've never understood why if you and you friend(s)--who you spent perhaps hours with in the car, are going to ride the lift together 20-30 times that day, are maybe staying in the same house--don't get to ride one lift together it's a problem.
    Yes, but way more annoying, imho, is the race kids and coaches who should know better, but seem to have no idea how to meet up before getting to load the chair. And can't just meet up at top

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1345.JPG 
Views:	234 
Size:	399.8 KB 
ID:	315462

Someone had a bad time.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post

Someone had a bad time.
    There's a chute in Silverado called Mr. Toad's that in average snow is just wide enough to make turns--until someone on a snowboard sideslips a trench down the center.

Someone had a bad time.
    Heel-side powder groomers GO HOME!!!

Heard a guy complaining about the powder being too deep last weekend at Jackson Hole.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    There's a chute in Silverado called Mr. Toad's that in average snow is just wide enough to make turns--until someone on a snowboard sideslips a trench down the center.
    I was riding up one of the Mineral Basin lifts a few days ago, and the results from maybe hundreds of sideslipping boarders in some "chutes", or narrow little spaces between some outcroppings, was obvious. They aren't bumps, they're like waves of snow deposited in these places, and you don't see it at Alta or DV.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning1911 View Post
    Heard a guy complaining about the powder being too deep last weekend at Jackson Hole.
    He was right. If it wasn't for the refills every day the trenches that got left behind would have made the skiing difficult.

I was riding up one of the Mineral Basin lifts a few days ago, and the results from maybe hundreds of sideslipping boarders in some "chutes", or narrow little spaces between some outcroppings, was obvious. They aren't bumps, they're like waves of snow deposited in these places, and you don't see it at Alta or DV.
    Next time you're at Snowbird post in the wasatch thread and we'll get a crew together. Most of us aren't that weird in real life.

Next time you're at Snowbird post in the wasatch thread and we'll get a crew together. Most of us aren't that weird in real life.
    And you can get some gaper quotes from Benny to post in this thread. Winning!
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    And you can get some gaper quotes from Benny to post in this thread. Winning!
    Big colour. Or is it little colour? I always mix them up. Like Big and little cottonwood. Seem the same to me.

Back when I skied Vermont.. the Boarder sideslip effect was so sickening on the steeper slopes.
    When the base is icy, and a good dump comes>>> all the snow from the runs gets Pushed downhill, leaving solid ice runs with deep piles at the bottom. Pretty sickening to have to ski ice on a Powder day.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    Back when I skied Vermont.. the Boarder sideslip effect was so sickening on the steeper slopes.
    When the base is icy, and a good dump comes>>> all the snow from the runs gets Pushed downhill, leaving solid ice runs with deep piles at the bottom. Pretty sickening to have to ski ice on a Powder day.
    That's how I broke my back (although it was a hand charge, not snowboarders, that slid all the snow to the bottom).

Presidents / family day weekend with long lines. The lift is stopped because someone fell off as it was leaving the terminal. I see the guy doing the walk off shame back to the loading zone - it's a lifty (in uniform). Looks like he tried to take a lap on his break and fell off the chair. That's the second time this year I've seen a lifty fall off the chair shortly after loading.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Presidents / family day weekend with long lines. The lift is stopped because someone fell off as it was leaving the terminal. I see the guy doing the walk off shame back to the loading zone - it's a lifty (in uniform). Looks like he tried to take a lap on his break and fell off the chair. That's the second time this year I've seen a lifty fall off the chair shortly after loading.
    I posted last year about having to carry up a ski patroller's dropped pole.

European lady on the LCC bus just asked me why my skis were so wide. They're only 107s lol.

Good lord she just asked me what a tram is.

she wants you.

some guy on the chair asked me why my skis were so narrow. Perfectly normal question to ask of someone with GS skis on a rock hard morning. A lot of western skiers don't understand skinny stiff skis, just like a lot of eaterners don't understand >100 mm daily drivers.

And here I thought I was one of the few guys on an 88 waist ski all winter this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Good lord she just asked me what a tram is.
    That seems like maybe a language barrier thing?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.