Page 383 of 399 FirstFirst ... 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 ... LastLast
Results 9,551 to 9,575 of 9969
  1. #9551
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    30,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    We were admonished by a French liftie at the top for not putting the bar down one time.
    Maybe he recognized who you were?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  2. #9552
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Help me understand.

    Are you having such an enormous rad day that any random conversation on the chair will ruin it?
    Are you having such a bad day that you have withdrawn from reality?
    Is your music really that good?
    Or are you just unfriendly?

    Donít you want to spread your joy of the mountains with everyone?

    Pull yourself out of your hermit crab shell, enjoy the day and the opportunity to possibly meet some interesting people.
    Ha!!! Iíve thought the same thing before... Maybe itís just the social media culture where people donít know how to have a convo anymore.

    Canadians are friendly on chairs. And they arenít as attached to their phones/headphones as Americans.

  3. #9553
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    586
    Kid at cafe: mom this bag of chips we brought up is all puffed up!
    Mom: DON'T OPEN IT! IT COULD EXPLODE
    6y/o in my ski group: Don't worry I can do it for you.
    Me: don't worry - she really wants to do bomb disposal when she grows up - she's very qualified.

  4. #9554
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    the vails
    Posts
    1,932
    Today, heard above me on the ski lift: "Como se dice, get out of the way?"

    I think it was an American saying it (For the non-Spanish speakers, como se dice is "how do you say").

  5. #9555
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    cottonwood heights
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    they are Dynastar $...799 on sale r now> I 'll stick w my Evel Knevil's when I feel sporty
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

  6. #9556
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    11,695
    Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    they are Dynastar $...799 on sale r now> I 'll stick w my Evel Knevil's when I feel sporty
    WTF--anyone can buy them? You don't have to prove you own a Ferrari? That totally sucks. Last time I drop 3K on skis and bindings. (That's the MSRP--and if you were hoping to buy for 799 they're out of stock, so nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah.)

  7. #9557
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,838
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    and if you were hoping to buy for 799 they're out of stock, so nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah.)
    Plenty of 161 cms left..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  8. #9558
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    PNWET
    Posts
    3,764
    Went to a resort employees party where a lifty started up a conversation. You work here? Yeah Blue coat. Well you don't ski like you are from here. Not sure what he was implying.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

  9. #9559
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    61
    At Alta on Supreme with 2 guys obviously talking about Catherine’s area (but not naming it) with one guy complaining “good turns but that 20 minute (sic) hike sucked and he can’t do it again”. The other guy turns to me and asked if have been to Catherine’s area. Shake my head and say no. He says – you should go, they just opened it.

    The complainer says “They just opened it?! Let’s go there!”.

    I laughed out loud and the other guy starts laughing too, the complainer doesn’t know what happened.

  10. #9560
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    If someone bashes me with the bar, it's only because they tried to put it down instantly, like before we leave the lift station. In that case I then refuse to put the bar down. I tell them they lost their opportunity to use the bar properly.

    It drives me nuts when the lines are minimal, with plenty of empty chairs, and people are like "are you guys two, are you four, can we join."
    I don't want to small chat about Illinois, or about the weather, or "where y'all from". Just wait for your own fucking chair. (and get off my lawn).
    Got bonked by some dude the other day. Turns out he was part of a PSIA conference. Damn poodles.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  11. #9561
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    cottonwood heights
    Posts
    1,155
    WTf is with people lowering the Bar and not raising it when it comes to unload???

    Like you went out of your way to warn me you needed so desperately to lower it to begin with! ...

    ….then wait for me to raise it for your lazy ass

    Like people who wait for you to open ,or hold a Door for them.. I'm not your doorman/as I let the door hit them. We like being polite>we are not the worlds bitch either.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

  12. #9562
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    PNWET
    Posts
    3,764
    Lol against resort policy to wear other branding.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

  13. #9563
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    11,695
    Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    WTf is with people lowering the Bar and not raising it when it comes to unload???

    Like you went out of your way to warn me you needed so desperately to lower it to begin with! ...

    ….then wait for me to raise it for your lazy ass

    Like people who wait for you to open ,or hold a Door for them.. I'm not your doorman/as I let the door hit them. We like being polite>we are not the worlds bitch either.
    You clearly don't understand the politics of holding a door open. The key is to hold the door open for someone who is fairly far away, so that they will hurry to get to the door so as not to inconvenience you. You have then made them your bitch.

    Re bars--I often use them so I can lean forward and rest my spinal cord. Some people get desperate to raise the bar several towers from the ramp. I agree that the person who brought the bar down should raise it, but the corollary is--I brought the bar down, I will decide when to raise it. The other corollary is--by discussing bars we are all gapers. Bars are no longer an appropriate matter of discussion in this forum; so sayeth I. (Talking about safety bars, not drinking bars.)

  14. #9564
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    tahoe
    Posts
    2,843

    Best Gaper qoute of the weekend?

    A lot of u could use a healthy dose of compassion. This thread is supposed to be funny, not mean
    Last edited by gimpy; 04-20-2019 at 12:51 PM.

  15. #9565
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    11,695
    Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    A lot of u could use a healthy dose of compassion. This thread is supposed to be funny, not mean
    In the interest of funny, this one is worth another look:

    LHutz Esq LHutz Esq
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    450

    Kid at cafe: mom this bag of chips we brought up is all puffed up!
    Mom: DON'T OPEN IT! IT COULD EXPLODE
    6y/o in my ski group: Don't worry I can do it for you.
    Me: don't worry - she really wants to do bomb disposal when she grows up - she's very qualified.

  16. #9566
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    cottonwood heights
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You clearly don't understand the politics of holding a door open. The key is to hold the door open for someone who is fairly far away, so that they will hurry to get to the door so as not to inconvenience you. You have then made them your bitch.

    Re bars--I often use them so I can lean forward and rest my spinal cord. Some people get desperate to raise the bar several towers from the ramp. I agree that the person who brought the bar down should raise it, but the corollary is--I brought the bar down, I will decide when to raise it. The other corollary is--by discussing bars we are all gapers. Bars are no longer an appropriate matter of discussion in this forum; so sayeth I. (Talking about safety bars, not drinking bars.)

    xd we need to keep the Bar talk to how good the Kamikazi's are being mixed
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

  17. #9567
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    cottonwood heights
    Posts
    1,155
    teh -he

    not a quote>but super Gaper Move ,I saw after flight back from Taos

    Some older(maybe mid 50s)Lady ,Steamrolled by my buddy on the exit ramp of the terminal.

    Not unusual, except it was still to thick to move by anyone unless you linebacker attacked them!

    I looked over>he's like 6'3 and 230 lbs..not easy to move him> and he couldn't believe it

    …..lol; I couldn't help myself...totally started stepping on her shoe heels as she walked (she was totally bogged in traffic right in front of us 2) ,like grade school .. and apologized each time ,very nicely.

    … after about Eight times her Heel musta been raw & she was about to attack me ,and get a ticket to jail ; to funny !
    the easiest Troll on a Jerk I seen in years

    People are fun to mess with when they think they can knock random people around and get away with it...love to turn the tables on 'em / Nothin Better than, Bullying a Bully!

    I know its not Jesus' way -but he got Bullied to Death!
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

  18. #9568
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    11,695
    Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    teh -he

    not a quote>but super Gaper Move ,I saw after flight back from Taos

    Some older(maybe mid 50s)Lady ,Steamrolled by my buddy on the exit ramp of the terminal.

    Not unusual, except it was still to thick to move by anyone unless you linebacker attacked them!

    I looked over>he's like 6'3 and 230 lbs..not easy to move him> and he couldn't believe it

    …..lol; I couldn't help myself...totally started stepping on her shoe heels as she walked (she was totally bogged in traffic right in front of us 2) ,like grade school .. and apologized each time ,very nicely.

    … after about Eight times her Heel musta been raw & she was about to attack me ,and get a ticket to jail ; to funny !
    the easiest Troll on a Jerk I seen in years

    People are fun to mess with when they think they can knock random people around and get away with it...love to turn the tables on 'em / Nothin Better than, Bullying a Bully!

    I know its not Jesus' way -but he got Bullied to Death!
    LULZ. That's like totally funny.

  19. #9569
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    693
    Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    teh -he

    not a quote>but super Gaper Move ,I saw after flight back from Taos

    Some older(maybe mid 50s)Lady ,Steamrolled by my buddy on the exit ramp of the terminal.

    Not unusual, except it was still to thick to move by anyone unless you linebacker attacked them!

    I looked over>he's like 6'3 and 230 lbs..not easy to move him> and he couldn't believe it

    …..lol; I couldn't help myself...totally started stepping on her shoe heels as she walked (she was totally bogged in traffic right in front of us 2) ,like grade school .. and apologized each time ,very nicely.

    … after about Eight times her Heel musta been raw & she was about to attack me ,and get a ticket to jail ; to funny !
    the easiest Troll on a Jerk I seen in years

    People are fun to mess with when they think they can knock random people around and get away with it...love to turn the tables on 'em / Nothin Better than, Bullying a Bully!

    I know its not Jesus' way -but he got Bullied to Death!
    Maybe she just had to take a massive shit?

  20. #9570
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    37,973
    Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    teh -he

    not a quote>but super Gaper Move ,I saw after flight back from Taos

    Some older(maybe mid 50s)Lady ,Steamrolled by my buddy on the exit ramp of the terminal.

    Not unusual, except it was still to thick to move by anyone unless you linebacker attacked them!

    I looked over>he's like 6'3 and 230 lbs..not easy to move him> and he couldn't believe it

    Ö..lol; I couldn't help myself...totally started stepping on her shoe heels as she walked (she was totally bogged in traffic right in front of us 2) ,like grade school .. and apologized each time ,very nicely.

    Ö after about Eight times her Heel musta been raw & she was about to attack me ,and get a ticket to jail ; to funny !
    the easiest Troll on a Jerk I seen in years

    People are fun to mess with when they think they can knock random people around and get away with it...love to turn the tables on 'em / Nothin Better than, Bullying a Bully!

    I know its not Jesus' way -but he got Bullied to Death!
    You would just have to take a deep breath and let things go if you wanted to stand in Euro lift lines.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  21. #9571
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    11,695
    I left a pair of Yaktrax Ski Trax at Squaw when I got hauled off to the hospital in Feb. Gone of course when I returned last week. My new ones just came in the mail. I am totally amped about it! And the best part--they came with a sticker for my skis!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190423_085347.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	902.3 KB 
ID:	279769

  22. #9572
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    37,973

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  23. #9573
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,226
    Can't watch without a Facebook account Bunny.

    Try linking the Instagram version. It is the same but shareable.

  24. #9574
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    30,563
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I left a pair of Yaktrax Ski Trax at Squaw when I got hauled off to the hospital in Feb. Gone of course when I returned last week. My new ones just came in the mail. I am totally amped about it! And the best part--they came with a sticker for my skis!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190423_085347.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	902.3 KB 
ID:	279769
    100% gaper
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  25. #9575
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    37,973
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Can't watch without a Facebook account Bunny.

    Try linking the Instagram version. It is the same but shareable.
    Couldn't find it, but found this.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BDQrhzSM...d=b9hl4q6vbvtt

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Similar Threads

  1. President's Day Weekend -- MAMMOTH MOUNTAIN
    By kingcorona13 in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2006, 11:43 AM
  2. A good, bad and ugly weekend
    By crashnburn'd in forum Sprocket Rockets
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-07-2005, 01:12 PM
  3. Any SLC mags want to hit Vegas this weekend?
    By meatdrink9 in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-25-2005, 12:53 PM
  4. New Yorkers :: eXXXXXtreme Freeriding This Weekend?
    By jayfrizzo in forum Sprocket Rockets
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 09:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •