Page 339 of 472 FirstFirst ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 ... LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,475 of 11780
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    You printing em? I'll buy one as a gift for a friend
    Tillerson says you can have his
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Tillerson says you can have his
    I thought exxon dudes were more the printed hard hat type??

Did I miss the foil lining?

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I thought exxon dudes were more the printed hard hat type??

Did I miss the foil lining?
    SOS position requirement

His wife made him do it

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-want-this-job
    ​I am not in your hurry

I heard a guy on Sunday say "Gloves are Gloves."

I don't agree. I like having warm fingers

Quote Originally Posted by _Jahffrey_ View Post

Some people's hands don't get cold it seems, or it just doesn't bother them. How my buddy can go fishing all day in the winter rain with no gloves boggles my mind. Meanwhile, I've got 3 pairs to keep switching out and I'm still a whiny little bitch the entire day.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Some people's hands don't get cold it seems, or it just doesn't bother them. How my buddy can go fishing all day in the winter rain with no gloves boggles my mind. Meanwhile, I've got 3 pairs to keep switching out and I'm still a whiny little bitch the entire day.
    Some folks (like myself) have very good circulation. As long as I am warm, and my hands aren't submerged in a bucket of ice water, my hands are warm.

Gloves are gloves for me. I use shitty leather gloves with a fuckton of snoseal baked in.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Some folks (like myself) have very good circulation. As long as I am warm, and my hands aren't submerged in a bucket of ice water, my hands are warm.

Gloves are gloves for me. I use shitty leather gloves with a fuckton of snoseal baked in.
    This is me^^^ I attribute it to frequent high-level booze consumption. Fabric backed Kincos on even the coldest days.

Of course I have been punished with a wife who has borderline Raynaud's. Not to mention a couple ski partners who are quite vocal in their displeasure when they have frigid digits.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    This is me^^^ I attribute it to frequent high-level booze consumption. Fabric backed Kincos on even the coldest days.

Of course I have been punished with a wife who has borderline Raynaud's. Not to mention a couple ski partners who are quite vocal in their displeasure when they have frigid digits.
    that is the other thing... having cold hands or feet is not really that uncomfortable for me. Id rather have warm hands, but on the 1-10 pain scale that medical personel give you (1 being hardly noticable, 10 being about to pass out/unable to breathe its so bad) id rate it a 1.5-2 at worst. Meanwhile my GF, who grew up in Park city and then Dillion, CO constantly complains about cold hands and feet when i can actually feel her hands are warmer than my own.

just proves that everyone is different and experiences are relative.

Quote Originally Posted by _Jahffrey_ View Post

I don't like wearing gloves that don't match my jacket and pants. I have as many different pairs of gloves as I do different weight and color jackets.. I go with mittens when it's sub zero..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    that is the other thing... having cold hands or feet is not really that uncomfortable for me. Id rather have warm hands, but on the 1-10 pain scale that medical personel give you (1 being hardly noticable, 10 being about to pass out/unable to breathe its so bad) id rate it a 1.5-2 at worst. Meanwhile my GF, who grew up in Park city and then Dillion, CO constantly complains about cold hands and feet when i can actually feel her hands are warmer than my own.

just proves that everyone is different and experiences are relative.
    Must be something in the water in Dillon, CO, my wife grew up there/here too.

You guys are lucky. My hand is frigid right now from eating this cold apple.

I take dexterity over warmth. Actually the biggest factor for me seems to be tightness around my wrist. Even the slightest pressure on the back of my hand seems to constrict circulation enough to make em cold. Though I wore the exact same gloves last week when it was 25 as I did two weeks before when it was zero. Hands were colder last week than on the colder days. I can’t figure it out so I go with which ever gives me better dexterity. If they get cold I bunch em up into a fist which is only ever on the lift, once I’m skiing I don’t even notice it.

Pretty sure you’re supposed to say you prefer gloves that are dexterous as fuck...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Gloves are gloves for me. I use shitty leather gloves with a fuckton of snoseal baked in.[/QUOTE]

Is a fuckton more than a shitton?

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf Metal View Post
    Is a fuckton more than a shitton?[/QUOTE]
    This all depends on if we're talking metric or imperial...

Older woman in the Squaw lot today in a speed suit, struggling to carry her race skis which where scissoring badly over her shoulder. I guess it's NASTAR championships. Those are handicapped, aren't they? She's probably a sandbagger with an excellent chance of winning. Still, I would think you should learn to carry your skis before you start racing.

NASTAR "championships?"
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Standing in line at Mary Jane last Saturday, lifties are blasting Stairway to Heaven. Dude next to me goes "good music, I love Dust in the Wind". Sorry to say that I was skiing with said person, and he is a family member. I guess we can give him credit because he's still in college...?

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Or, let the 3 gapers slide out to load, act like you missed the chair, then ride solo.
    Yes, on a fixed grip quad. Or just don't pair up with them in the first place if they look like they don't know how to ride the lift.

Quote Originally Posted by DropCliffsNotBombs View Post
    NASTAR "championships?"
    I suppose "Nastar Championships" is a gaper quote in its own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Standing in line at Mary Jane last Saturday, lifties are blasting Stairway to Heaven. Dude next to me goes "good music, I love Dust in the Wind". Sorry to say that I was skiing with said person, and he is a family member. I guess we can give him credit because he's still in college...?
    Spare me the greatest hits of the 70's. I got tired of those in the 70's. Why do ski areas insist on playing that shit? I guess because there are enough gapers that like to listen to it.

overheard a phone conversation today:
    wife had lost a ski in deep snow,
    called her husband in the lodge;
    listened to him talk her through a "search":
    not really gaper, but funny as fuck!
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

A friend of ours was in a sports shop in Jackson a few summers ago and overheard someone asking the clerk how to get the bear bells on the bear. Appeared to be serious. This cannot be the first time this has come up in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    A friend of ours was in a sports shop in Jackson a few summers ago and overheard someone asking the clerk how to get the bear bells on the bear. Appeared to be serious. This cannot be the first time this has come up in this thread.
    I've heard a claim that someone in a sports shop asked the clerk how much bear spray they had to apply to themself for it to be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I've heard a claim that someone in a sports shop asked the clerk how much bear spray they had to apply to themself for it to be effective.
    Please tell me he said all of it

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

At Stevens yesterday, putting on skis after hiking to Bob and Nancy at the top of 7th (i.e. had a great top-down view on the offloading station). Two snowboarders ride right up to the ramp, then just stay on the chair as the ramp falls away under them. Lifty comes out of the shack: "Did you miss something?!?"

Lifty then spins the lift until the boarders are on the other side of the ramp, facing back down the lift. One of them, slumped in the chair, almost doesn't get his board over the bar that automatically stops the lift, but just manages it. (This guy has a distinctive checkered jacket, which will be important later.) Finally they get off the chair, shuffle around to the ramp, tumble down the ramp, and start strapping in right at the base of the ramp. After some more encouragement by the lifty, they move some distance away.

After several runs, we are heading up Skyline, and see two people rounding a corner of a groomer on sleds. Further inspection reveals that they are actually sitting down on their snowboards. The second one is wearing a distinctive checkered jacket.