Page 402 of 472 FirstFirst ... 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... LastLast
Results 10,026 to 10,050 of 11780
    Just fucking send it and sit down

The best was the quad ejection I witnessed in MB the other week. Some 'cool dude' was standing there with his poles between his legs waiting for the chair. Back of the chair hits the poles. Picture the rest....

Quote Originally Posted by stayhighstaydry View Post
    The best was the quad ejection I witnessed in MB the other week. Some 'cool dude' was standing there with his poles between his legs waiting for the chair. Back of the chair hits the poles. Picture the rest....
    I'm struggling to picture the rest. How does that cause an ejection?

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    my buddy said he was hiking 4 pines the other day and a guy stopped him on the boot pack to ask if there was a cat track at the top
    Wow.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I do this all the time. Fellas, apparently I am now a "cool dude" and I expect you to refer to me that way from now on.

Best Gaper qoute of the weekend?

Not exactly gaper but what in the hell is it about the praxis topo map topsheet (golden trout, iirc?) tat inspires people to ask if i put that on there myself? Been asked at least three times.

Do I look like the kind of coward that would mess with a topsheet? ‘Sides, if ida put it on myself itt’d be RED!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I'm struggling to picture the rest. How does that cause an ejection?
    Holding his pole(s) horizontal between his legs waiting for the chair. Subject not looking at chair. Back of chair hits pole handles and sends subject forwards and sideways as he does not relinquish hold on pole(s). Takes out person next to him. Subsequently taking out the two others. Pretty simple, he wasn't looking for the chair.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I do this all the time. Fellas, apparently I am now a "cool dude" and I expect you to refer to me that way from now on.
    N.P. �� It's easy to change your user name on TGR. ��

Pretty simple, he wasn't looking for the chair.
    Good thing the seat was down. Could've been a quadruple fatality.

A-basin 10am Saturday

Getting started bright and early at 10am at A-basin we were suiting up in the Tango parking lot. Denverite in the Infiniti next to me, smoking a cigarette, tells his girlfriend, "I forgot my pants too, looks like we're both skiing in jeans today."

Not a quote but... I had to kill a rat with a shovel yesterday and had assumed that the aftermath was the worst thing I'd see with my eyes this week. Touche, Rossignol. Touche.

Edit: Sorry if this should be in the GSA thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Abol98 View Post
    Not a quote but... I had to kill a rat with a shovel yesterday and had assumed that the aftermath was the worst thing I'd see with my eyes this week. Touche, Rossignol. Touche.
    Is that an Ice Dancing suit?

Ring
    Hello
    Are you still home dad?
    Yes why?
    Could you bring my touring poles to Starbucks?
    (fortunately for him I had to drive past Starbucks.)

Obviously not gaper but--two guys doing perfectly matched synchronized tele within 2 feet of each other. Most impressive. I looked for videos but these guys were better.

And then the usual carnage--guy walking down the up stairs at the funitel with skis across his shoulder, does a 180 at the bottom and goes back up again, tails coming within an inch of some guy's face in the process. And that was only the worst of several near misses in that line today.
    I sit down on a 6 pack and the people on BOTH sides of me sit on me. I pushed the guy aside, let the young lady stay.

People walking recklessly with their gear is a major pet peeve of mine. I literally grabbed some guy's poles the other day before they hit me in the face. Then made him promise he'd pay more attention if I agreed to give them back.

I'm skiing with my family at Aspen last week. Getting on FIS - no line, ski on, 2 chair. Son is in front of my wife in the empty maze, and the plan is for me to ride up with him, so I need to go past my wife. I come through kinda fast, let her know I'm passing her, and go up to join son.

She doesn't slow down, so now there are two people whipping toward the turn in the maze. I'm tight against the rope and just as I'm passing she throws her foot out a tiny bit for a little speed control. My undone buckle catches her boot and she's down. I'm fine - whip around the turn and join son. Wife is on the ground, spun around backwards. Not just a little pissed.

The way I see it:

I'm fine on this one, skiing wise. Of course. Couldn't be my fault. Plus I didn't fall. So, EWG: Non-Gaper.
    My wife didn't get over far enough and blinked when the turn in the maze came, checking her speed. Plus, she fell, not me. Mrs. EWG: Gaper
    Marriage wise: I was definitely deeply in the doghouse. Plus, I caused the issue when I assumed I could pass Mrs EWG at full speed through a turning lift maze. Now, in my defense, she is quite a strong skier and should have been fine. Still, I started it. And she ended up on the ground. So, regarding husbanding: EWG - huge marriage Gaper.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    People walking recklessly with their gear is a major pet peeve of mine. I literally grabbed some guy's poles the other day before they hit me in the face. Then made him promise he'd pay more attention if I agreed to give them back.
    People in the tram line with skis over the shoulder. Saw a girl get her face sliced open on the tram deck by some idiot with his skis over his shoulder. He turned to talk to someone and caught her right in the cheek, she screamed, blood running down her face.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1F7DED1A-D3A7-4FAF-9486-26BCDB990874.jpg 
Views:	545 
Size:	726.6 KB 
ID:	318033

Full rangers gear.
    Ranger jersey. Hat. Pants. Tights.
    Been rocking it since 1990 everywhere he skis.
    Headed to big sky so look out for him.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    .... My undone buckle catches her boot and she's down....
    mental error or
    routine behavior?

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

In the "We all do dumb shit" mea culpa vein -

Long time ago, getting up early to drive with my friends for a day of skiing in Vt.. It's pitch black outside. Pick up my friends at the park n ride. They throw their skis in the racks and their stuff in the back. We get to the mountain, I discover got my skis and poles but nothing else besides my jacket. Luckily between them my friends are able to outfit me with a pair of windpants, a neckgator for a hat, gloves and a shitty pair of spare googles. I'm skiing in rental boots!

Get home late, pull in and there is my boot / gear bag still sitting in the driveway next to where I park the car.

X

Quote Originally Posted by romeo tango View Post
    mental error or
    routine behavior?

Newish, very tight boots. Pop lower buckles just before each lift ride. So routine. Mental error was wiping out wife.

In the "We all do dumb shit" mea culpa vein -

Long time ago, getting up early to drive with my friends for a day of skiing in Vt.. It's pitch black outside. Pick up my friends at the park n ride. They throw their skis in the racks and their stuff in the back. We get to the mountain, I discover got my skis and poles but nothing else besides my jacket. Luckily between them my friends are able to outfit me with a pair of windpants, a neckgator for a hat, gloves and a shitty pair of spare googles. I'm skiing in rental boots!

Get home late, pull in and there is my boot / gear bag still sitting in the driveway next to where I park the car.
    that happened to me once.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1F7DED1A-D3A7-4FAF-9486-26BCDB990874.jpg 
Views:	545 
Size:	726.6 KB 
ID:	318033

Full rangers gear.
    Ranger jersey. Hat. Pants. Tights.
    Been rocking it since 1990 everywhere he skis.
    Headed to big sky so look out for him.
    One thing that's definitely not Ranger--the playoff beard.

^brutal comment^

Mess isnt aging well

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Don't walk right up behind people carrying their gear if you don't want to reenact a 3 Stooges scene.

What's a safety bar?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.