Page 179 of 472 FirstFirst ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 11780
    Last weekend at Snowbird I saw a snowboarder dropping off the road into Big Emma filming himself with a GoPro on a stick in one hand and a Red Bull in the other. The ultimate dude!
    Gravity Junkie

As a result of this thread, I now exclusively use the term "stunt ditch". Halfpipe actually sounds weird to me now...

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    Last weekend at Snowbird I saw a snowboarder dropping off the road into Big Emma filming himself with a GoPro on a stick in one hand and a Red Bull in the other. The ultimate dude!
    Ha! That's funny
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    Reminds me of the bicycle commuters in Amsterdam--umbrella in one hand, talking on the phone with other. In a pack as tight as a peloton. Impressive stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bones get broke View Post
    Why? Because I directed the guys to a resort where he could enjoy a day of skiing? Or because I think that the radbro Silverton "guides" that everyone sucks off are a fucking joke?
    honest curiosity, why are they such a joke? do they suck? do they pose? are they ...
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Two women in the lift line last week, both wearing neck gaiters, no hats or goggles...in the rain:

"I just hope Janet will make an effort to go on at least one date with a man before she decides she's a lesbian."

Gotta love Alaska!

While examining the new scratches in my ski bases and watching the snow finally begin falling in earnest, this pretty young thing in the all-white snowsuit, no hat or helmet and perfectly brushed hair walks out of the lodge and says to her friend, "I'll take Johnny for one last run, then wait for you here; this weather is awful. Just awful!"

Quote Originally Posted by DeathVan View Post
    Two women in the lift line last week, both wearing neck gaiters, no hats or goggles...in the rain:
    Were they wearing the neck gaiters for the cold or to hide chicken neck?

At Telluride today.

"They should really list that double blue as a black, it would be a black at..." he walked far enough away from me to not catch the last bit

What in the hell is a double blue?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Snowbird's tram is ideal for hearing factoids of knowledge.

Over the holidays:

Control avalanches in the cirque are visible. One guy tells his friends, "You can see where it stepped down to the ground right there in the middle". The "step down" being the blast hole.

Riding up, I hear a teenager explain to his bro and dad about his nearly falling in a crevasse while hiking somewhere in the Gad Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    What in the hell is a double blue?
    Oh it gets better, Telluride has double greens Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012SkiMap.jpg 
Views:	896 
Size:	753.9 KB 
ID:	148171

But I must say Telluride has some pretty freaking rad terrain, those chutes are no joke.

Mammoth uses that system. A double blue is not a blue and not a black but in between. Same idea for a double green.

I hit a number of those chutes during low tide once. So much fun.

"I just hope Janet will make an effort to go on at least one date with a man before she decides she's a lesbian."

Gotta love Alaska!
    break this one down for me, RadBroBrah. explain what makes it so gaper-gapey. lack of hats? lack of goggles? skiing in the rain?

good thing Alaska has YOU there to civilize it. you should PM fuctatcunterfountain, you two can be The Great Civilizing Gentrifiers. introduce some Upper West Side Liberalism to the "rednecks" that scare you.

Quote Originally Posted by claymond View Post
    Control avalanches in the cirque are visible. One guy tells his friends, "You can see where it stepped down to the ground right there in the middle". The "step down" being the blast hole.
    That's not a gaper quote at all. Sure, it was a blast hole, but it still stepped down to the ground. Most blasts don't, even if they trigger a slab.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    break this one down for me, RadBroBrah. explain what makes it so gaper-gapey. lack of hats? lack of goggles? skiing in the rain?

good thing Alaska has YOU there to civilize it. you should PM fuctatcunterfountain, you two can be The Great Civilizing Gentrifiers. introduce some Upper West Side Liberalism to the "rednecks" that scare you.
    We were all radbrobrahs skiing in the rain dipshit, but I appreciate your take...

It didn't matter what they looked like, I laughed at the audacity of their lift line conversation.

Lez out for all I care Janet, I could give a fuck, but it did make me laugh.

-Civilize, gentrify, scary rednecks ? wtf are you talking about?

We were all radbrobrahs skiing in the rain dipshit, but I appreciate your take...

It didn't matter what they looked like, I laughed at the audacity of their lift line conversation.

Lez out for all I care Janet, I could give a fuck, but it did make me laugh.
    Laugh as in you shared their humor, or laugh as in you found them pitiable and pathetic, and in a moment of superiority, laughed at their ridiculousness?

-Civilize, gentrify, scary rednecks ? wtf are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    Laugh as in you shared their humor, or laugh as in you found them pitiable and pathetic, and in a moment of superiority, laughed at their ridiculousness?

Over sharing / gossiping about a friend not present is what I laughed at, Dr Pepper.
    -you seem to have some sort of insight into my brain...or maybe you don't know shit and are just spraying your brand of puny rage.

Keep it Creaky

I'm guilty of my own last weekend. While skiing at Gordy Camp; we're at the top of Peruvian, where Gordy says, "Let's hit the tunnel and ski the other side."

To which I immediately respond, "But Gordy, I don't have an Alta ticket."

Gordy: "Dude, that's still Snowbird."

I skied in shame the rest of the afternoon. My remark was so bad, it was punishable as an RBO at the Peruvian later that night.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    honest curiosity, why are they such a joke? do they suck? do they pose? are they ...
    Silverton's prime demographic is that of a rich guy with little or no backcountry experience. That's who can afford $159+/day to ski. These people tend to put guides on a pedestal, because they've just gone so far out of their own personal comfort zone. For some people who may have some comparable skills as a guide, but who do not guide, this can be kind of chapping.

Personally, I've enjoyed every interaction I've had with a guide at Silverton, whether on the hill or drinking beer (the only two places I see them). They make no money off me, I have only skied there unguided, but they have been as enthusiastic and friendly as anybody.

I suppose for some other people, this post will be the Gaper Quote of a lifetime!

Over sharing / gossiping about a friend not present is what I laughed at, Dr Pepper.
    -you seem to have some sort of insight into my brain...or maybe you don't know shit and are just spraying your brand of puny rage.

Keep it Creaky
    oh yeah, I'm full of "rage" because I find your attempts at being superior funnier than your not-funny post that's supposed to be funny. that definitely makes me full of "rage."

what "insight into your brain" do I really "seem to have"? I am sure I could learn something from a superior, genius-like person such as yourself.

so basically silverton guides think they are the best skiers on the planet? thanks for answering my Q

i understood that much but was wondering if there were specific reasons or experiences. in my mind the guide better make sure im having a good time and make sure i am confident. I would not like a giude who thinks he is topshit - that wouldnt vibe with me

so essentially silverton guides are Posers? yes, no, maybe so
    Zone Controller

i bet we could all be guides if we wanted.

seems important that a guide should be a good buddy, nice guy, pumping you up so you have a great time and return again and again.

instead it sounds like guides are like PNW posers wearing arctryx and whinign like a bitch cause you ducked a rope without a backpack'

next time my homie and i go to PNW we bringing stupid backpacks with sandwiches
    Zone Controller

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

typical PNW poser post here fellas^^^^^^^^^
    Zone Controller