Page 371 of 471 FirstFirst ... 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 ... LastLast
Results 9,251 to 9,275 of 11762
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post
    Funny you should mention the Haul Back T-Bar. I was there on Tuesday afternoon and there was a medium size line, while people were paired up in line, when it came time to get on, it seemed like almost everyone was going up solo.
    This pattern has been spreading. I've seen it all over, and it's a problem. And apparently it's now considered rude to heckle people who don't pair up.

Guy just off the top of the Collins lift at Alta stops me, "is this the easy way down?". Seeing as how there are only blue's and blacks off Collins I tell him, "it's the only way down". He makes a partial turn before crossing tips and does an ankle breaker fall. He is OK, gets up and immediately and falls again. Is this the easy way down is definitely a gaper quote.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I think you guys need to click on the thread beece linked in his post... his reference went right over your heads.
    I'm familiar with the thread. My point is that there weren't social media in1990. Difvthstbgo over your head,? Or maybe that was beeces point.

And

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'm familiar with the thread. My point is that there weren't social media in1990. Difvthstbgo over your head,? Or maybe that was beeces point.

And
    it says “we know you were just getting ready for social media to be invented .”

that’s the joke

Yeah, he said waiting for social media to be invented. I know you're likely on some serious meds right now though so I'll give ya a pass.

Quick quote from Sugar Bowl this past Sunday. This lady, carrying one rental ski in each hand, approached me and asked "What's the hardest chairlift here and how do I get there?"

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    This pattern has been spreading. I've seen it all over, and it's a problem. And apparently it's now considered rude to heckle people who don't pair up.
    Yep, sad state of affairs in Whistler the last few seasons, almost no heckling the asshole snowboarders who use the Whistler t-bars on storm days when Harmony/Peak aren't running. Over on Blackcomb you still hear it a bit up Showcase but nowhere near enough.

<snip> My point is that there weren't social media in1990.
    There most certainly WAS social media in 1990.

Quote Originally Posted by mistah_crowley View Post
    Quick quote from Sugar Bowl this past Sunday. This lady, carrying one rental ski in each hand, approached me and asked "What's the hardest chairlift here and how do I get there?"

Kind of awesome, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    i have a set of those, their called the St Bernard.
    Mine are/were directly related to one of my ACL pops. The chilled Schnapps was tasty, though.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Yeah, he said waiting for social media to be invented. I know you're likely on some serious meds right now though so I'll give ya a pass.
    Not meds, just careless reading.

In the last 6 days I've been asked 300 times 1)was I wearing a helmet
    2)where was I skiing( by people who dont know the difference between squaw valley and hidden valley ranch), and
    3)to demonstrate my use of the incentive spirometer. Because they refuse to believe I've been using it

Grumpy old goat
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Two woman stopped on a blue run at Alta, one is down, the other standing next to her. I stop and ask if everything is ok? The woman who fell says "yea I am ok, I can't get up because I am too fat".

These dudes by all appearances did not look like gapers but when the ticket window lady at Wolf Creek handed them the lift ticket with zip tie the guy asked her "how do I put this on, I am only used to RFID". Bro didn't know how to put his lift ticket on.

Quote Originally Posted by core2 View Post
    These dudes by all appearances did not look like gapers but when the ticket window lady at Wolf Creek handed them the lift ticket with zip tie the guy asked her "how do I put this on, I am only used to RFID". Bro didn't know how to put his lift ticket on.
    🤦♂️🤦♂️🤦♂️

Quote Originally Posted by core2 View Post
    Theres gaper and then theres just plain stupid

Not a quote but all the gapers doing 20 under because of a little sleet, it was brutal.

Shuffled instead of skating across the learning area (the forbidden zone) not to draw attention. Decided to stop for a moment and a young women instructor walked up and asked if I was here for the level 1 class. Apparently I resemble a gaper.....
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Me: dressed in my ski gear, heading to the local hill.

Guy: "so, you goin skiing?"

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Me: dressed in my ski gear, heading to the local hill.

Guy: "so, you goin skiing?"

It's called a rhetorical question, ie a conversation starter.

Not a quote per say, but lady with leggings, puffy jacket (kind witha belt across waist) , pin bindings, day pass. All brand new touring gear without good pants/jacket? Day pass?Boggled my mind. Maybe she rips though who knows. Borrowed friends gear? Idk

I had a guy try and tell me that Mt Bachelor had too much snow yesterday.

JFC, dude. Beggars can't be choosers. Rejoice that you're there, skiing the storm of the season. Some people...

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    It's amazing to me, the amount of new snowboarders who don't know (or care) that you need to turn the board upside down, and lay it on the bindings, when you remove it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Or skiers with brakeless touring bindings...

Went to go exchange a couple full-day vouchers at the will call office at BS, and some crusty-looking middle-aged cougar cuts right in front of us as we are next in line, and asks the guys for a lanyard for her ikon pass. Guys says he does not have but hands her a zip tie that's used for day tickets. The lady looks at that and says "I can't use that, there is no way to attach my ikon to it!". Guys looks at her and asks "why not?". Her response is that she doesn't know how zip ties work. With such disappointment the guys sighs, and then begins the process of explaining how to use a zip tie. The next guy helped us and apologized to use for her ineptitude.

Fucking Christ, who doesn't understand how a zip tie works??

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skiitsbetter View Post
    Or skiers with brakeless touring bindings...
    Really?
    Ok. Let us compare the numbers of Jong snowboarders, versus the number of Jong tele/at skiers...
    Like a million to one...

Runaway snowboards are common. And only happens 'cos of clueless assholes setting them down on snow. An easy fix.

A runaway ski, pretty much only happens if it comes off your foot, when skiing. Impossible to predict.
    Happened to Cinders once tho when her heel binding pulled out. *Once*

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...