Page 414 of 472 FirstFirst ... 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... LastLast
Results 10,326 to 10,350 of 11780
    Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    .... On the path to enlightenment lies acknowledgement of the Jerry within. Without this understanding, the journey is incomplete. This is the eternal truth....

you keep telling yourself that,
    ok?

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Quote Originally Posted by romeo tango View Post
    you keep telling yourself that,
    ok?

Not everyone can walk this path... Some cannot, some will not

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Snowbird last week, standing in long line to take the chair out of Mineral Basin and a guy tells his wife, "they call these the back bowls".

I used to take a few runs here and there with Jacques. Hell of nice guy and he loves to ski. Sure, his style is a bit off the wall but I like the weird ones. Nice to see him still ripping.
    Ps dude makes the most amazing 3D black light art you will EVER see.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-dub View Post
    Holy shit i thought for certain this was a joke but they were high fiving each other. Wow, and without a shred
    of self consciousness. I'm embarassed i watched as much of it as i did. but i did. So i'm now qualified
    for this thread i suppose. Good stuff

On thunderhead a few years ago, a 20 something starts chatting me up about my skis, Volkl 100eight that day.
    "Nice skis! I wanna get some wider skis for powder"
    I look down at his skis- Kastle BMX 105 HP...

Another day at steamboat I was headed up towards the microwave tower for a traverse over to a gate and out of the ski area for a big lap. It's a short up which many just herring bone. I was on Ions, as I passed a few who were booting it, one in the group says "Tech bindings are stupid, too hard to get in/out of" alluding to the fact that I should have been booting it too, but wasn't because I don't have the coordination to put my skis back on...If you ever see that guy say hi for me, he's the one skiing inbounds all day with locked out shifts.

Last weekend I got to the top of a moderately trafficked backcountry run outside of mammoth for our third lap. Guy and his buddy say ‘can we follow your tracks?’

After a fair bit of conversation amounting to me saying ‘No, wtf’ I started ripping skins. Decided to do a beacon search and, of course, no beacon (considerable day at tree line, bout to drop into avy terrain). ‘Hey guys you gonna turn your beacons on before dropping?’ ‘Ohhh uhhh yeah we got that’ fuckin LIED about having a beacon how weird

Both dudes fell in their first three turns so we just gtfo out of there

Usually gapers are harmless but these bc gapers kinda scared me not gonna lie

(Ended up running into that dude again and had a polite of direct and terse discussion of the consequences of their decisions)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Name:  504C5A0D-0F9C-4A06-8903-0BF40ECDC7D6.jpeg
Views: 1409
Size:  313.6 KB
    Is this your hill near Marquette or someplace else. Funny regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Name:  504C5A0D-0F9C-4A06-8903-0BF40ECDC7D6.jpeg
Views: 1409
Size:  313.6 KB
    This place sounds awesome, actually.

pretty-sure
    Ashley's review
    is for Mt. Bohemia -

skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    Last weekend I got to the top of a moderately trafficked backcountry run outside of mammoth for our third lap. Guy and his buddy say ‘can we follow your tracks?’

After a fair bit of conversation amounting to me saying ‘No, wtf’ I started ripping skins. Decided to do a beacon search and, of course, no beacon (considerable day at tree line, bout to drop into avy terrain). ‘Hey guys you gonna turn your beacons on before dropping?’ ‘Ohhh uhhh yeah we got that’ fuckin LIED about having a beacon how weird

Both dudes fell in their first three turns so we just gtfo out of there

Usually gapers are harmless but these bc gapers kinda scared me not gonna lie

(Ended up running into that dude again and had a polite of direct and terse discussion of the consequences of their decisions)

I had a similar situation happen out the bottom of Mineral at the bird. My lady and I had skinned up and did a Mary Ellen lap and then were going to ski the chute back down in to below the mineral chair. Well below. I drop into the chute while she keeps eyes on to dig a small pit as it’s pretty wind loaded. I’m digging the pit and Jerry comes up to her, Zero gear, and asks if he can drop in. I semi-politely firmly say no, and a few other things about conditions. He says he won’t get in my way, I say no again, he stands around a bit, watching me dig the pit. He then puts his jacket on. Drops in above me while I’m doing my ect, and turns RIGHT ABOVE MY PIT. Like 2 feet from me. He got a few F bombs but we didn’t see him anymore.

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

7 yr old racer. Are Snowsnakes real animals?
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    outside of mammoth for our third lap...

Decided to do a beacon search and, of course, no beacon (considerable day at tree line, bout to drop into avy terrain). ‘Hey guys you gonna turn your beacons on before dropping?’ ‘Ohhh uhhh yeah we got that’ fuckin LIED about having a beacon how weird
    Similar big powder day a few weeks back, 13 & 14 just opened after the storm. Expected big cluster dash on the boot pack out to Hemlocks. My Jerry senses similarly tingling, I decided to turn my beacon to search for the hike up, just to see. Easily 40 players churning that trail. No pings from any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    I hope you said yes. I get attacked by them all the time.

Scene- buddy’s ski shop

Gaper- “so.... do you guys rent masks?’

We
    Are
    Doomed.

Older gentleman in the parking lot: are they still requiring masks to get on the lift?

Me: yeah, the pandemic isn't over yet.

Him: gets flustered and starts stomping around his car and throwing things while his wife rolls her eyes.

^^ That must have been enjoyable. Lol...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    24 year old Texan looking at sign in our shop:
    “Are snow snakes and Gnar Bunnies real?”

Me: “Gnar bunnies are imaginary cliff-dropping rabbits., but snow snakes are real. They’re just tree tops or sticks that partially stick out if the snow.”

Texan girl with now very wide eyes: “Are they venomous!?!?”

Gnar bunnies
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

I'm the gaper--skied into the empty maze at the Far East lift at Squaw. The lane I chose took a hard left. I didn't. I was looking ahead and didn't see the rope. Wasn't going that fast. Took the dreaded backward twisting fall--tweak one knee a little but I think it's ok. I wound up on my back with my skis caught in the ropes. An innocent bystander had to release one of my skis for me to get up. At least no phone cameras were deployed AFAIK, but maybe I should check JOTD in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Scene- buddy’s ski shop

We
    Are
    Doomed.
    Just watched the movie Idiocracy. This reminds me of that.....if u haven’t seen it it’s worth a watch.

Since Covid the stupid shit witnessed is all time. So many folks rocking their chin diapers to full effect.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'm the gaper--skied into the empty maze at the Far East lift at Squaw. The lane I chose took a hard left. I didn't. I was looking ahead and didn't see the rope. Wasn't going that fast. Took the dreaded backward twisting fall--tweak one knee a little but I think it's ok. I wound up on my back with my skis caught in the ropes. An innocent bystander had to release one of my skis for me to get up. At least no phone cameras were deployed AFAIK, but maybe I should check JOTD in a few days.
    The weird lift maze struggle this season is real. A couple times I’ve almost skied right into the spacing / Divider lane.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Reverse gaper moment
    Helping jonesy with some 9yo racers today.
    One of the kids decides it would be fun to ski a black run with 6” of warm fresh low-elevation cascade “pow” on top of re-refrozen crust. All nicely rutted and chopped to shit. Viz is about 10’
    I struggle. My old knees and back don’t like this. I arrive last at the base, beat to a pulp.
    On the lift ride back up one of the kids says “you looked like you had a hard time on that run. Did you use to be good?”
    Oh man that is funny. I showed my wife and even she chuckled, and she has no sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Scene- buddy’s ski shop

What a dumbass. If I forget mine I just go to the lost & found and see if I can borrow one.
    The Sheriff is near!