Page 230 of 472 FirstFirst ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... LastLast
Results 5,726 to 5,750 of 11780
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You've lost perspective here. What he's trying to say is that, well, most people who ski don't ski very much. They don't have a clue about ski design beyond what some salesman or rental guy hands them.
    You gotta take Benny's word on this. If anyone knows about not skiing very much, it's him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

I don't know why we keep making fun of people who don't like powder and who don't understand that if they got powder skis they would probably like it. We want more people fighting for a few scraps of fresh?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I don't know why we keep making fun of people who don't like powder and who don't understand that if they got powder skis they would probably like it. We want more people fighting for a few scraps of fresh?
    This. It's still fun though.

I still see people with powder skis who are scared of it, think they should lean back, or get tripped up really easy. Some just don't get it.

During recent PNW powder frenzy day..

"I'm really not interested in the snow conditions because I'm only just breaking in these new goggles."
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

A couple days ago at Vail on a powder day I was skiing along the cat track out to ricky's ridge when I caught an edge.

I tried to stop myself from falling, but unfortunately fell down the slope instead of up into the slope. There was another cat track just a few feet below the one I was on, so when I fell down I was effectively blocking both of the main cat tracks out to ricky's ridge.

Took me a couple of minutes to get myself up and out of the way, while blocking people on a powder day.

I felt like a gaper for sure.

From a gaper, this is funny chit!

Goggles have a break in period? Now my legs are a different story.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Overheard at Bachelor yesterday:

Guy #1: "dude, I think these are girls pants. They fit weird."

Guy #2: "yeah, I think so. But they match your jacket."

That's hilarious.

A few years ago my wife and I were visiting friends that have a home at Stratton. We bumped into someone we knew from our town that asked if we'd be around all weekend and skiing the next day. We said yes. She asked us what we'd be wearing. We were in our ski clothes. We looked at her and said "this" to her surprise. Not really into the fashion show, fur lined pet of skiing.

The guy on a crowded chair today who pizza'd down the unloading ramp, sticking a ski under mine, and then skidded at 10 MPH down an easy groomer. Nothing unusual except he was on FIS GS skis. No quote, just me muttering.

I'm seeing a similar but different phenomenon. Total fucking gaper on DPS wailer pures, with pin bindings, dynafit boots pizzaing the shit out of a groomer. He barely made it down a green run, don't how the fuck he's gonna make in the bc. This shit is fucking spreading like crazy to. I cannot believe all the fucking gapers gaping their way down groomers on full on pin carbony set ups. It's like an infection.

Best Gaper qoute of the weekend?

^ that's cause earning ur turns is the new fad apparently. skinning up ur local resort without a 5lb setup is just blasphemous

Hope that means cheap, new(ish), high end gear hitting the market!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I'm seeing a similar but different phenomenon. Total fucking gaper on DPS wailer pures, with pin bindings, dynafit boots pizzaing the shit out of a groomer. He barely made it down a green run, don't how the fuck he's gonna make in the bc. This shit is fucking spreading like crazy to. I cannot believe all the fucking gapers gaping their way down groomers on full on pin carbony set ups. It's like an infection.
    Lol. So true.

snowboard instructor: can you wear your knee brace inside your pants?
    snowboarder: not when i'm fat.

long silent stare between them.
    Last edited by wyeaster; 01-03-2016 at 09:54 PM.

Up around my way we are calling it the im a banker special. Certain shops have their window displays aimed squarely at the market. Dps wailer 112, dynafit radicals and crisp arcteryx. We included them in our holiday gaper spotting bingo cards

Duct tape gloves, bent scratched up poles and old beater rental skis.....lays down trenches small children could fall in. Don't see that much.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    That's hilarious.

A few years ago my wife and I were visiting friends that have a home at Stratton. We bumped into someone we knew from our town that asked if we'd be around all weekend and skiing the next day. We said yes. She asked us what we'd be wearing. We were in our ski clothes. We looked at her and said "this" to her surprise. Not really into the fashion show, fur lined pet of skiing.
    I'm pretty sure you are supposed to have a different ensemble of ski clothes for each day of the week if you plan on becoming a Strattonite.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Close to 3' in 3 days and some dude on hellbents asks the lifty" what runs are groomed?"

Same day riding the chair, guy on 170 something slalom skis looks down and says," aren't those skis a little over kill for today?". I'm on 191Lhasa Fats. I just smiled and said" nope, just the right amount of kill." It was a quiet lift ride after that.

Bizarro world.
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Comments about the powder skis are always entertaining. I'm often asked by tourists "do you waterski with those in the summer"?
    Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    I'm pretty sure you are supposed to have a different ensemble of ski clothes for each day of the week if you plan on becoming a Strattonite.

People at Stratton in 2000 thought my fat skis were water skis.

It's 2016. The internet is a thing. Fat skis are a thing. I have 5 ski outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian Sanders View Post
    I have 5 ski outfits.

Are they all from different manufacturers or all they all Bogner? Having all the same manufacturer is for poor people unless you are spancered.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

I've found an unlimited number of combinations now that they have colored duck tape. I vary according to mood.

Shared a lift Saturday with 2 guys, they asked me to please get off at mid station with us so we don't fall. Both were wearing all new clothes, one was on DPS with touring bindings, the other on Stockli Stormriders, of course with Dynafits. They were debating the relative merits of their equipment by comparing who paid more at the rental shop. "How is it we both asked for the best gear, but got different skis?" When we got off the lift they were going to compare performance on the green runs before deciding whether to return and demand the same skis.

People at Stratton in 2000 thought my fat skis were water skis.

That match that you bought together? rad!

I have a bunch of shit too, duct taped, torn, newish, but i don't take all of it with me every weekend. It's more about the weather for us.

Quote Originally Posted by iceclimb View Post
    ... When we got off the lift they were going to compare performance on the green runs before deciding whether to return and demand the same skis.
    That's too bad, the shop rat that sold them those outfits was probably feeling pretty good about that sale. It's going to be a little depressing when they walk back in.

Good story.

Fat skis rule on a powder day, but skiing much more than 100 underfoot on a hardpack day is kind of gaperish. Not that I haven't done it. But I bought some 90 underfoot hardpack skis this year and they rule on that shit. Can't believe I ever took the 108s out on those boilerplate days. Now I wince when I see people with Soul 7s or 112 Wailers skidding down the groomers. Fuck that shit.

I just got a second base layer because my wife says I smell. Now I don't have to do ski laundry for the whole season.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Fat skis rule on a powder day, but skiing much more than 100 underfoot on a hardpack day is kind of gaperish. Not that I haven't done it. But I bought some 90 underfoot hardpack skis this year and they rule on that shit. Can't believe I ever took the 108s out on those boilerplate days. Now I wince when I see people with Soul 7s or 112 Wailers skidding down the groomers. Fuck that shit.
    A couple years ago, full on WROD, the best skier on the mountain that day was on Spatulas. Don't know if it was irony or poverty.