Page 385 of 393 FirstFirst ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,625 of 9812
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    pier at Teal Bend GC has a sign that says Drop Zone. That won't make sense if you don't play golf.
    how about the signs at Taco Bell > "Blind Menu Available"

how on earth can a Blind person read that!
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    idk >I guy named Mudfoot with a story about wet feet

sounds like some fake news??? where's the Picture/??? no way someone would pass that and not snap a photo
    Hey, I'm old school. Only got a flip phone and don't take it skiing. Like Grandpa used to say, "don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see." Sat next to them on the bench, it turned out they were even waiting for the wrong bus.
    Gravity Junkie

How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    My guide is helping me put my beacon on
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

^ I laughed. I wasn’t following that thread.
    Donít give up until.

I'm sure benny can put a beacon on. Guides in Europe assume you don't know anything, and usually they're right. It's easier to just go along than to try and show them what you know. They don't get a tip from a client who's buried or in the bottom of a crevasse so they do the safety program the same way every time.

I'm sure benny can put a beacon on. Guides in Europe assume you don't know anything, and usually they're right. It's easier to just go along than to try and show them what you know. They don't get a tip from a client who's buried or in the bottom of a crevasse so they do the safety program the same way every time.
    Didya see the La Grave patrol video? Guy was saying clients from other countries take their advice.
    Peeps from France argue about stuff, and stomp away in a huff.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Do you snowboard? You can heelside hard pack, but damn near impossible to do that in deep powder.
    there's thousands of gapers that try to prove you wrong every pow day at every ski hill I've ever been to
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?

fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    there's thousands of gapers that try to prove you wrong every pow day at every ski hill I've ever been to
    ^^^ Fucking this. I was riding up the Summit Chair at Alpine last month and some knuckle dragger was heelsiding all the way down Wolverine. Nice big four foot wide line scraped clean right down the middle of the run. I yelled from the chair that if he's gonna scrape snow all day, he should just go down to the village and start doing driveways and walking paths. Might even earn a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamburello Rouge View Post
    ^^^ Fucking this. I was riding up the Summit Chair at Alpine last month and some knuckle dragger was heelsiding all the way down Wolverine. Nice big four foot wide line scraped clean right down the middle of the run. I yelled from the chair that if he's gonna scrape snow all day, he should just go down to the village and start doing driveways and walking paths. Might even earn a few bucks.
    ^^^Fucking this. Or the people who think they can side slip down the Fingers.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Ha, pretty sure I was on the chair right behind you!

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Didya see the La Grave patrol video?
    Missed that, can you link?

*edit*

Never mind, found it. https://youtu.be/wlNC4WBi4eM

Spring does bring out some colorful characters. Yesterday, upon getting off of the Condor lift, I saw, who I thought was one of the Lords Of Flatbush, on skis. No hat, aviator glasses, a black motorcycle jacket and blue jeans. I didn't wait around to listen to his gaperific conversation. I just chuckled and went on my way
    "My policies are based not on some economics theory, but on things I and millions like me were brought up with: an honest day's work for an honest day's pay; live within your means; put by a nest egg for a rainy day; pay your bills on time; support the police." M. Thatcher (RIP)
    "...
    Judges smoke it, even the lawyer too...So you've got to legalize it..." Peter Tosh

I got the impression that a lot of this was hype. Mainly a dust on crust day inbounds.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Mainly a dust on crust day inbounds.
    At least you were guided.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Spring does bring out some colorful characters. Yesterday, upon getting off of the Condor lift, I saw, who I thought was one of the Lords Of Flatbush, on skis. No hat, aviator glasses, a black motorcycle jacket and blue jeans. I didn't wait around to listen to his gaperific conversation. I just chuckled and went on my way
    You are probably right!

though, in spring, some rippin skiers show up in all sorts of throwback outfits... I have my Jean jacket w all the slayer pins n crap, ready for a warm day

Just need a 5 $ pair of Gators to keep the spring snow out of your Boots!

Remember >the biggest Gaper in appearance was the best skier on the Mountain 10 years ago/Saucer Boy was a Hero! rip
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

You know when youíre yelling at people side slipping, itís like yelling at people doing pizza right? Donít be an asshole yelling at beginners who are having fun challenging themselves. And if youíre looking to ski the same line as said beginners, Iím sorry for you...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    How else would you learn to ski the fingers? I imagine it's rare for people to just point 'em on their first go.

Finger fuckers
    ďLife has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.Ē
    Hunter S. Thompson

While side slipping down Wolverine is bad, the fan of dozens of traverse lines of various degrees of steepness starting at Wolverine saddle and heading looker's left is worse. Traverse high then go down the fall line, goddamit. Otherwise go back to Subway until you learn how to ski or ride. I wish patrol would put couple of ropes down wolvy with gates near the top.

While side slipping down Wolverine is bad, the fan of dozens of traverse lines of various degrees of steepness starting at Wolverine saddle and heading looker's left is worse. Traverse high then go down the fall line, goddamit. Otherwise go back to Subway until you learn how to ski or ride. I wish patrol would put couple of ropes down wolvy with gates near the top.
    Alta is bad ,with traverse lines across the ski runs … I really wish they throw up a few rope lines blocking lower traversing , on powder days.

Ski down the fall line!

The first time I ever skied idiots I was very proud of myself... then ate shit on one of like 5 traverse tracks across the runout. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    How else would you learn to ski the fingers? I imagine it's rare for people to just point 'em on their first go.
    PLENTY of other techy and bold lines inbounds at Squalpine to practice on before you step up to the Fingers.

The people side slipping on McConkey's (Squaw, not WB) really piss me off. I'd hit it if it weren't the people scraping all the snow off. Same thing with Tram Chute.

PLENTY of other techy and bold lines inbounds at Squalpine to practice on before you step up to the Fingers.
    I stand corrected then. Sorry to sideslip all over this thread!

Best Gaper qoute of the weekend?

Saw a dude ski through the gate at the sweet water gondola today. Snow on the hill side, concrete on the gondy side. Havenít heard the sweet sound of metal edges on concrete for a while. Didnít quite get the camera out in time. Sorry.

Funniest part was when he just started walking around the concrete while still buckled.

I feel really bad for the JHMR locals. The ikonic level around here is kinda off the charts compared to other ikonic places.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by beece; 03-28-2019 at 06:57 PM.