Page 346 of 472 FirstFirst ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,650 of 11780
    Quote Originally Posted by jefffski View Post
    Today at Whistler on the Red Chair, as we were approaching the top, I went to lift the bar and asked the nice woman from Florida beside me to move her skis off the foot rest. After a bit of a struggle, she finally managed to move her skis. Then as I lifted the bar at the last moment, she said, "What now?" I gently lifted her up and held her as we skied away from the ramp.
    I can think of a lot better ways to answer that question than just helping her off the chair.

We just moved here from Minnesota!!!

Said by two separate groups of snowboarders picking me up on car laps at the pass.

Can we build that wall now?

Best Gaper qoute of the weekend?

“Oh Jesus h Christ.... you don’t want to look like a noob with your ski boots on. Just get out of the fucking car and we will go up on the bus and check out the scene at the race before we come back and get our boots on”

Said by the guy who pulled in next to me at BC today. Maybe not really said... he yelled this to his buddies.

This morning about 10 mins after first big dump of the season. "This is the worst ski area ever, they didn't groom anything and I had to walk down the catwalk the whole way"

Quote Originally Posted by core2 View Post
    This morning about 10 mins after first big dump of the season. "This is the worst ski area ever"
    I can only imagine how bad it must have smelled.

not a quote, and this post is worthless without pics, but...

I saw an amazing Subaru WRX all pimped out with crazy fenders, and air scoop, silly wheels, LED lighting all around and a big ass whale tail on the back with two snowboards strapped to it on the road last night.

sweet ride Joey

Subaru WRX is the new 90s Civic

Anyone can afford one and slap some garbage parts on it.

"This entire mountain range has a wind problem"

Quote Originally Posted by Esses View Post
    Might depend on context, but that doesn't sound like a gaper quote at all. Especially if they were referring to the Sierra Nevada.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Might depend on context, but that doesn't sound like a gaper quote at all. Especially if they were referring to the Sierra Nevada.
    Seriously. Only having ever really skied in the Sierra i got used to windholds being common, and stormdays shutting lifts and mtns down because of wind - Which also makes windslab form super quick so i blame wind more than the snowfall for the days when nothing opens during the big storms due to constant avi danger.

I moved to WA 4 years ago, and last year it hit me that i have only had one day in the last 3 years where the mtn i wanted to ski had the top on windhold... and that was for something like 35mph sustained gusting to 50mph.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Which also makes windslab form super quick
    But those generally settle in a day or two...
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    But those generally settle in a day or two...
    Especially if patrol is throwing bombs on them haha.

That same wind packs the Sierra cement on rocky steeps that would never be skiable in the Rockies. Take the good with the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    That same wind packs the Sierra cement on rocky steeps that would never be skiable in the Rockies. Take the good with the bad.
    Exactly. And of course I wasn't the one complaining. Not to mention the wind effect in Mammoth, which can be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Exactly. And of course I wasn't the one complaining. Not to mention the wind effect in Mammoth, which can be awesome.
    The wind is our friend. Wet snow gets caked onto every surface and then the wind dries out the snow so it is just glued on to everything. And then there is the wind buff/sift. That can make for some really fun conditions. If you want to ski Mammoth, learn to deal with the wind.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

For sure. A proper Mammoth wind buff is every bit as good as fresh pow. I’ve had some amazing runs there that were even better than powder because I wasn’t expecting it.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Esses View Post
    I actually like that quote. Skiing in Colorado’s Front Range I’m gonna use it a lot. Also, I agree with the comments about the Sierras, there’s some good that comes with the wind, out here the wind slabs don’t settle until about May though.

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    I actually like that quote. Skiing in Colorado’s Front Range I’m gonna use it a lot. Also, I agree with the comments about the Sierras, there’s some good that comes with the wind, out here the wind slabs don’t settle until about May though.
    That should be a bumper sticker for Loveland.

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    Don't forget New England.. Further Northeast ya go the more SOL you are

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    "I just park on the side of the road and hike up for sick pow but you gotta get out early or else it turns to avalanche" snowboarder riding Keystone gondola, talking about Loveland pass. Called it "Arapahoe pass".

This made my day

Lift op at Sugar Bowl getting his exercise walking down the magic carpet. Not gaper of course but I didn't know where else to put it. Maybe the airplane treadmill thread? For the record he was staying in the same place and didn't take off.

Lift op at Sugar Bowl getting his exercise walking down the magic carpet. Not gaper of course but I didn't know where else to put it. Maybe the airplane treadmill thread? For the record he was staying in the same place and didn't take off.
    Hey, cut the guy some slack, standing there swinging chairs all day has gotta put a cramp in your legs. And it's better than him running off behind a building to burn one...maybe.
    Last edited by Meadow Skipper; 12-12-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Staying warm? Still would be funny to watch.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Hey, cut the guy some slack, standing there swinging chairs all day has gotta put a cramp in your legs. And it's better than him running off behind a building to burn one...maybe.
    I didn't mean to dis the guy. Like I said--nothing gaper about it; I thought it was a clever and amusing idea. The amusing part is why it's here.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Staying warm? Still would be funny to watch.
    Bored most likely. We used to lie down on them - the rollers would give you a pleasant massage.