Page 237 of 472 FirstFirst ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,925 of 11780
    This drummer is clearly at the wrong gig. https://www.facebook.com/36006915412...9000653569793/

^^ video is great. Wrong thread tho JONG

Im so gaper I dont even ride a snowboard anymore, and resorsts r so 1990, s ...

but today they kept sayn I couldnt make the side hill climb on my sled ...

biatches please ... its a turbo, and its me ..so I shit in the climb with ease ... then get hung up in trees ... such is the life of a sledneck ....

I don't get it.. is the gaper the Aussie saying "oi I can get up that mate" or the biatches saying your heavy ass yammy couldn't sidehill a prairie hill?

Aussie - "I saw those lines up there and thought they must have heli'ed or skidooed up there, but no! They hiked for a fuckin hour!"

from a friend's facebook who is in the mid-atlantic

"There's 30 inches of snow on my road. It's like a damn river of frozen terror out there.'

At Kirkwood today:

Had a "guy" (nicest word I could come up with) jump out of his car and run up to my window, as traffic was paused for the shuttle, to ask if he could go around me so he could follow his friend because he "didnt know how to get out of here".

His buddy was one car ahead on the incredibly complicated drive out from Kirkwood to 88.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Used to see the woman renting the place next to ours shoveling out her car in a dress and heels in the morning. You gotta do what you gotta do. I always wondered where she worked. Outcall maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Used to see the woman renting the place next to ours shoveling out her car in a dress and heels in the morning. You gotta do what you gotta do. I always wondered where she worked. Outcall maybe?
    The even better recent Truckee CHP Facebook post was the on where the Infiniti SUV apparently tried to ram the gate at the base of 40. That didn't end well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    The even better recent Truckee CHP Facebook post was the on where the Infiniti SUV apparently tried to ram the gate at the base of 40. That didn't end well.
    That was great. Someone has been watching too many movies.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Awh man I missed that one

Here it is. Heh.

I realized the extent of something that may be a larger problem the other day:
    I don't ever look at the trail map of our little Michigan shitpile so I never noticed: part of our hill including several groomers and some gladed trees between the groomers is all labeled on the map "backcountry"....which is fine, sort of, I guess. Also, an inbounds part of the famed and vaunted Mt. Bohemia is called "Extreme Backcountry"....again, no harm done. Except that I was talking to a guy on the chair the other day who, probably like many skiers in this region, genuinely thought that word just meant ungroomed snow or even just not manmade snow. He was so convinced of this that he sort of argued with me a bit before conceding that possibly it's being misused here in the Midwest. So if that guy goes to the mountains and sees a BC access gate it seems quite possible he would just think it's another part of the ski area, just like home. It made me wonder how many people have no idea what the word backcountry refers to, and if whoever is throwing that word around at these little midwest ski hills understands it; and if they do understand the word, whether they realize the trouble they could cause one of these Barneys who ends up thinking a BC gate is just some tree skiing.

If it's in-bounds skiing and they're calling it "backcountry," that's pretty fucked up. Typical marketing dept. B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    If it's in-bounds skiing and they're calling it "backcountry," that's pretty fucked up. Typical marketing dept. B.S.
    How else are they gonna sell a hill in the mid west?

Quote Originally Posted by DynamicOyster View Post
    This past w/e, while waiting a friend 10 meters away from the ramp, a boarder that cant turn ran straight over my friend's and my skis flailing his arms trying to stop and change direction. After a bit of scolding from us (I had new planks) he tried to walk off our skis by edging his board. We then proceeded to shove him off (very satisfying) and I snowed him a couple of times on the way down. He was also kitted out in flight decks, sandbox helmet and a saga jacket. Moral: don't mess with my topsheets.
    Who's supposed to be the gaper in this tale?

doughboyshredder Guest
    After all this time I just realized "qoute" in the title of the thread. Wow.

doughboyshredder Guest
    This past w/e, while waiting a friend 10 meters away from the ramp, a boarder that cant turn ran straight over my friend's and my skis flailing his arms trying to stop and change direction. After a bit of scolding from us (I had new planks) he tried to walk off our skis by edging his board. We then proceeded to shove him off (very satisfying) and I snowed him a couple of times on the way down. He was also kitted out in flight decks, sandbox helmet and a saga jacket. Moral: don't mess with my topsheets.
    Newsflash, dumbfuck: Don't stand in the offload area.

Idiots like you deserve to be ejected from your skis with a deep shoulder check.
    Last edited by doughboyshredder; 01-26-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I realized the extent of something that may be a larger problem the other day:
    I don't ever look at the trail map of our little Michigan shitpile so I never noticed: part of our hill including several groomers and some gladed trees between the groomers is all labeled on the map "backcountry"....which is fine, sort of, I guess. Also, an inbounds part of the famed and vaunted Mt. Bohemia is called "Extreme Backcountry"....again, no harm done. Except that I was talking to a guy on the chair the other day who, probably like many skiers in this region, genuinely thought that word just meant ungroomed snow or even just not manmade snow. He was so convinced of this that he sort of argued with me a bit before conceding that possibly it's being misused here in the Midwest. So if that guy goes to the mountains and sees a BC access gate it seems quite possible he would just think it's another part of the ski area, just like home. It made me wonder how many people have no idea what the word backcountry refers to, and if whoever is throwing that word around at these little midwest ski hills understands it; and if they do understand the word, whether they realize the trouble they could cause one of these Barneys who ends up thinking a BC gate is just some tree skiing.
    I frequently hear the term "backcountry" used for anything that's not groomed at my local ice-bump in WI.

doughboyshredder Guest
    This past w/e, while waiting a friend 10 meters away from the ramp, a boarder that cant turn ran straight over my friend's and my skis flailing his arms trying to stop and change direction. After a bit of scolding from us he tried to walk off our skis by edging his board. He was also kitted out in flight decks, sandbox helmet and a saga jacket.
    Nice edit, you piece of shit. Edited how you physically assaulted him and then sprayed him with snow on the way down. Fuck you.

Here's the original for posterity

doughboyshredder Guest
    Doughboyshredder I was 10m away from the offload standing next to the trail map. I dont know about you but I think thats adequate distance. If they hadn't hit me they would've hit the map.
    The distance is irrelevant. Unless this was a black diamond only run then you have to be prepared for the eventuality of there being beginners/low intermediates getting off the chairlift.

Easy rule to follow: get the fuck out of the offload zone.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    The distance is irrelevant. Unless this was a black diamond only run then you have to be prepared for the eventuality of there being beginners/low intermediates getting off the chairlift.

Easy rule to follow: get the fuck out of the offload zone.
    While his original post was kinda douchy, don't be so aggro bro. I'm pretty sure if there is a trail map there it's meant to be stopped and looked at. More than 30' away from the bottom of the ramp seems adequate.

My original comment was about him getting upset about messing his top sheets up, and bragging about assaulting the guy. That seems a bit gaperish to me.

#dbsflailstheramp

Just pointing out that it's possible that to THEM "Backcountry" means "not patrolled". Or "not groomed".

The issue is that their use of the word doesn't match what most people think it means. And you get guys arguing over definitions. Definitions are local, no 2 ways about that. Pop, Soda, or Coke?

In the 70s and 80s Killington had a lot of stuff "off the map" which are now part of the ski area (and patrolled now too).

If this is the case I do agree that they need to be more clear on what they mean by "Backcountry".

What's just as bad is that some guys from the Midwest, who can ski the blacks there, goes to Taos, Snowbird, or Jackson, and immediately head to the blacks, thinking they have already skied stuff like that. I know that some of the "Greens" at Snowbird would kick their butts......

Ski trail ratings are local, and though guys "that have been around" know this, new skiers do NOT. They think the ratings are Worldwide, and the same everywhere.