Page 376 of 471 FirstFirst ... 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 ... LastLast
Results 9,376 to 9,400 of 11762
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    That’s the latest from the progressive city, which is actually seeking Third World status, that seeks to ensure it “will not sacrifice” its “values or bend to a broken immigration system.”

Denver Mayor Michael Hancock (D) and some of the city officials explained that the new ordinances are designed to protect immigrants, legal and illegal, from “unintended consequences.”

Loveland Pass, Denver...it's all the same..

Denver just decriminalized public defecation and urination in order to make life easier for immigrants who are used to doing it in their own countries. It also helps the homeless. In addition, it keeps illegal aliens from being arrested and deported.

It’s no longer a crime, but rather, an ordinance violation.

These consequences were fines and longer jail terms, as has been customary in most places for violating the behavioral norms of civilized American society.

Mark Silverstein, legal director for the American Civil Liberties Union of Colorado, explains the real reason behind the changes: “Many times it becomes a deportable offense if you’ve been convicted of even a minor ordinance violation that’s punishable by a year in jail.”
    Urine big trouble now buddy

Lady skiing with daughter
    Daughter asks mom “ what was that explosion”
    Mom “that’s where they make the avalanches”
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

...she's not really wrong...
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

At hermit lake shelter below Tuckerman ravine today with a buddy and the bootpackers we passed on the way up arrive as we are getting ready to head out. Guy asks what we are planning to ski, as it is dumping inch/hr and blowing sideways, with higher gusts in the ravine. My buddy jokingly says "we're going to straightline the headwall" and the woman says "oh, what's the headwall, that sounds fun!"

She was serious.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Taking a lunch break in the lodge, the usual bags, backpacks etc. under tables, tops of vending machines, where ever you can stash your stuff. Overheard a husband and wife discussing how dangerous it is having all of these unattended bags around. He says he is going to talk with management... husband: “it’s really a matter of homeland security”... wife: “absolutely, absolutely”

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Taking a lunch break in the lodge, the usual bags, backpacks etc. under tables, tops of vending machines, where ever you can stash your stuff. Overheard a husband and wife discussing how dangerous it is having all of these unattended bags around. He says he is going to talk with management... husband: “it’s really a matter of homeland security”... wife: “absolutely, absolutely”
    I hear the taliban are big skiers.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    2008 after working the world cup I skied 1 day at whis before I just couldn't take the place anymore, a tourist was looking at the stone inookshuks up top with the arms sticking straight out and she said aloud " I wonder what he is saying ? "

to which I replied " thats simple , he is saying all this land belongs to us "
    I was there with my son and he wanted a picture with the roxks. Cold and windy as fuck as some Aussie kept doing poses with the thing for 20 or 30 pictures while we froze our balls off waiting our turn. (I realize having your picture taken with the thing is a gaper touron thing; that's on my son, not me. But you can make fun of him if you want; he's a better skier than all of you.)

Quote Originally Posted by sk8rat6587 View Post
    I hear the taliban are big skiers.

Great
    Let’s add tsa scanners and ball fondling gropers to the mountain experience

I guess the programming is working
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Great
    Let’s add ball fondling gropers to the mountain experience
    Where can I sign the change.org petition for this?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I was there with my son and he wanted a picture with the roxks. Cold and windy as fuck as some Aussie kept doing poses with the thing for 20 or 30 pictures while we froze our balls off waiting our turn. (I realize having your picture taken with the thing is a gaper touron thing; that's on my son, not me. But you can make fun of him if you want; he's a better skier than all of you.)
    I think most who have been there have taken that pic....but not 20-30 shots while others are waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Best Gaper qoute of the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    I think most who have been there have taken that pic....but not 20-30 shots while others are waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Making local friends do these gaper touron things when I visit is one of my favourite things to do.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

If you happen to visit Sacramento when I'm there I'd be happy to show you the train museum and sutter's fort. Otherwise, we can walk aimlessly up and down Truckee Commercial Row.

well this was 6 yrs before the Tsilcotin decsision came down in 2014 but it turns out I was right eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

"These are my powder blades."

- In the gondi at Belleayre, a man leading a ride-long seminar on snow blades, which evidently his entire family use all season long. Yep - powder blades. "See? They are a little wider...." Other memorable quotes -

"All poles are used for is getting through the like at the lift. We don't need them. It's just like ice skating when you are of flat ground."

"They really make sense because we go in the trees."

Well, Belleayre. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Urine big trouble now buddy
    Noooo shit. I mean boatloads of shit.

Gotta love third world policies brought to Colorado.

From the North Tahoe thread, props to TahoeBC:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...34#post5631934

Oh look at that, my stolen skis were in my ski box all along...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Overheard this one at Sugarbush... “it is hard to snowboard in powder!”

Quote Originally Posted by MMMSKI View Post
    Overheard this one at Sugarbush... “it is hard to snowboard in powder!”
    Judging by all the snowboarders I saw struggling to get back up on our huge powder days this season I'd have to say the person you overheard was right. You do not want to fall on a snowboard in 5 feet of light snow. Now at Sugarbush I think you have a point.

Judging by all the snowboarders I saw struggling to get back up on our huge powder days this season I'd have to say the person you overheard was right. You do not want to fall on a snowboard in 5 feet of light snow. Now at Sugarbush I think you have a point.
    Dude, its ten times easier. Remember learning to ski heavy powder and losing a ski for a half hour? I tell people that they'll be riding powder reasonably well on a board in 7-10 days. Try that timeframe on skis. Just dont get upside down in a treewell.

I remember being in some super deep side country glades a couple years ago, on bump skis. Group I was with all wanted to duck the rope at a place that wasn't all that formal about enforcement. Mistake, so many saplings all over, like 1-2 inches in diameter. Hooked one and went down. Took me three tries post holing arms to remember to cross my poles to get back up. Harder than I remember it being last century.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Dude, its ten times easier. Remember learning to ski heavy powder and losing a ski for a half hour? I tell people that they'll be riding powder reasonably well on a board in 7-10 days. Try that timeframe on skis. Just dont get upside down in a treewell.
    Heel siding down a mountainside isn’t snowboarding
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Do you snowboard? You can heelside hard pack, but damn near impossible to do that in deep powder.