Page 458 of 472 FirstFirst ... 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... LastLast
Results 11,426 to 11,450 of 11780
    The new gondola at Palisades has ski racks on the outside that apparently don't hold skis, at least not most of them. Lift op told me to take mine--109's with a little tail rocker--inside. And apparently when the rack does hold skis they sometimes fall out, or so the guy said. Seems like that would be awkward if they messed up a car in the AM lot or landed OB--which is most of the trip.

this fkn guy going up the ski area road with chains on the rear

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1678755914.425209.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	291.4 KB 
ID:	451764

he tried to drive like he was rolling coal but it’s a Toyota

fkn dickhead
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

So dude with a possible 4wd issue, chains the rear to go shred without causing traffic issues. Drives fast enough as to not impede traffic, clearly keeping ahead of you, and he’s the dickhead? Look in your mirror……

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

And the chains are supposed to be on the rear tires.

Looking at the photo I am puzzled why chains are in use. Could be icy but doesn't look steep. At least he was moving Mike.

Best Gaper qoute of the weekend?

Older couple on the chair in Copper. Bulletproof conditions. They are on 100mm+ wide skis discussing snow and tactics. She: “that one instructor said you should never carv unless you have to. Only sliding.”

Later that day. Two bruh snowboarders, at the base, taking gear off, discussing someone’s lack of etiquette: “…so fucking oblivious. I had to slide!” While almost bumping into me standing next to them.

I was the gaper today.

My two daughters are skiing side by side on the traverse and I’m the funny guy I ski right between them with zero clearance and call out ‘on your left!’ because in my family we make fun of people who call out on your left on the traverse and just to make sure they know dad is king I whack my eldest in the butt with my pole as I ski through.

Little bit later, my eldest asked me why I was being such a dick to that random lady - eldest daughter was behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Older couple on the chair in Copper. Bulletproof conditions. They are on 100mm+ wide skis discussing snow and tactics. She: “that one instructor said you should never carv unless you have to. Only sliding.”
    Did you see them ski? That might have been good advice for them.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Did you see them ski? That might have been good advice for them.
    gaper move was paying for an instructor on a bulletproof day. ....yeayeayea maybe their parents put em in there while having some alone time?

At snowbird: "I was at Sun Valley the last couple days and thats a way better mountain than this"

She was encouraged to report that back to her friends in Boston.

She (a skier) also said she was only attracted to snowboarders

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    gaper move was paying for an instructor on a bulletproof day. ....yeayeayea maybe their parents put em in there while having some alone time?
    I've taken lessons on bullet proof days and learned a lot. I've been tempted to take lessons on pow days to skip the lines but frankly I need the rest in the line. But why don't you post up some videos of you skiing the firm. You might be surprised how much you have to learn. We won't even charge you.

Quote Originally Posted by crankplank View Post
    At snowbird: "I was at Sun Valley the last couple days and thats a way better mountain than this"

She was encouraged to report that back to her friends in Boston.

She (a skier) also said she was only attracted to snowboarders
    I'm sure she likes skiers just fine--just not you.

Gaper pull out the parking lot. Nice person flags the gaper down frantically waving and pointing at the gapers car roof.

Gaper stops. Rolls down the window. “Your ski rack is open,” says the nice person.

Embarrassed I say thank you, close the rack, drive home in shame.

shit happens eh?

way to own it
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20230304_125023_Samsung Internet.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	148.7 KB 
ID:	451875
    yepper

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    shit happens eh?

way to own it
    All is well that ends well. Very grateful to the guy flagging me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Gaper pull out the parking lot. Nice person flags the gaper down frantically waving and pointing at the gapers car roof.

Gaper stops. Rolls down the window. “Your ski rack is open,” says the nice person.

Embarrassed I say thank you, close the rack, drive home in shame.
    Were you skiing at stowe last weekend?

I helped a guy remember his boots (left in lot)
    And then stopped them and closed their rack before they took off.

And then this guy walked through the whole lot in socks, while his lady friends split a pair of boots.

It was by far the most entertaining lot beer I’ve had in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

I'm sure she likes skiers just fine--just not you.
    She was the only skier on that full chair...

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Okay, I saw this earlier somewhere. There is so much wrong with this episode. The comments on YouTube are all pretty much "the video guy needs to calm down"
    Plus are skiers in Park city really that terrible?
    I'm a little late on this one but caught this in the comments of the video. Where are the single guys at? She might be a keeper.

Muffin Top

3 years ago

Many years ago I was snowboarding and the resort I always went to suddenly started enforcing slow zones. They put up slow signs in a pattern to get ppl to slow down and then had employees there to yell at you. It was the stupidest thing I'd ever seen. Well I was riding slow but they didn't like the way I moved or something and would yell at me every time I went by even though my friends were going the same speed. So after the 3rd time of yelling I probably told them to fuck off and the chase ensued. Chased me all the way to the parking lot demanding I hand over my pass. I put my pass down my pants (I'm a girl) and said if you want it then you're gonna have to get it. They shut up and walked away but got my BF pass because he was a pussy lol.

Nothing new but people are being rude AF in the lift lines. A couple things I've been seeing.

Getting on a double chair today. Spring break crowds and the line at the chair is about as long as it gets. The two guys in front of me decide they want to each ride as singles so they split to do so last second.

Also partial groups hopping in line, then holding it up while their friends who were 45 seconds behind cut everyone else who's arrived since then. Doubly annoying when the group doesn't how many the chair seats.

I got the old "there's still snow up there!?" Shock from a client when I mentioned I waa skiing earlier in the week. I had to gently explain that the PNW snowpack is typically at it's deepest in mid March.

I've taken lessons on bullet proof days and learned a lot. I've been tempted to take lessons on pow days to skip the lines but frankly I need the rest in the line. But why don't you post up some videos of you skiing the firm. You might be surprised how much you have to learn. We won't even charge you.

oh yea..I'd be in for firm day..but bulletproof usually means that off-piste is to slick or rowdy to hit. Those days are more fun just skiing the trail edges and gaping at the views with an ale/IMO

kind of rolling the dice with instructors too, unless you book with one you know... that's why I used to stick w str8tline, he teaches from a common sense practical style. He's still doin privates >but ya'll have to wait till next year since he's got a new knee recently.

Hell yea>video is king to see what's good and bad with your skiing. Everyone can benefit from that!

[QUOTE=californiagrown;6826505]I got the old "there's still snow up there!?" Shock from a client when I mentioned I waa skiing earlier in the week. I had to gently explain that the PNW snowpack is typically at it's deepest in mid March.[/QUOT"

"There's still snow up there?" Heard in Sacramento in September 2023.
    We had our honeymoon in Sept 1983 in the Palisades in the Hgh Sierra--still lots of snow above 10K. And my son and I did a trip in mid July 2006 and the suncups above 10500 were murder.

Sunday’s lift ride up with a couple of Joey’s at Sugarbush involved a conversation about the conditions (typical east coast mixed bag) and they said “it’s so much better skiing today than our last visit. There was 18” of snow last time and nothing was groomed. Couldn’t even get down a green trail there was so much snow. We took a couple of runs and then left after complaining about the lack of grooming.”

Best Gaper qoute of the weekend?

Me to the guy next to me on the chair who carries a radio for eavesdropping on ski patrol: Hey, they just opened the upper mountain chair!
    Guy: Yeah, they’re probably not gonna be able to open it today because of low vis.
    Me: But, they just opened it. They just updated the website to say it’s open.
    Guy: Yeah, they were saying if it doesn’t happen before noon it’s probably not going to happen.
    Me: I’m looking at it. Right. Now. It’s really open.
    Guy: Yeah, I bet they’re still bombing up there. Probably have to wait till tomorrow. Was still closed ten minutes ago when I was over on that side of the hill. See up there at the top? It’s running but there aren’t any people on the chairs.
    Me (#*^$!%@!! OMGWTF??? Gah!!!!!!): Because they just started loading it! Okay, man, have a good one. I’m heading on up!
    Guy 100% non-ironically yelling after me as I get off the chair and make haste for the actually open chairlift: DON’T BOTHER! YOU’RE WASTING YOUR TIME! I WOULD KNOW IF IT WAS OPEN!

:::::@:::::