Page 433 of 471 FirstFirst ... 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,825 of 11762
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Guy who was on skis old enough to vote: "Yeah new gear is overrated." This was right after complaining that Copper doesn't have, "the same level of shopping, as Steamboat"
    Send him to Hasbeen or Glitter Gulch for some exquisite shopping.

Iconic gaperfest at A Basin this weekend.

30’sh couple on Lenawee lift - Guy - This isn’t a bowl, is it? Is a basin? Girl - I think a bowl is high all the way around.

Also saw a guy in full alpine gear wearing an ABS pack, and a women hiking up the blue square skiers right in Montezuma using the snow fence as a handrail.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

"Is it ok?"

This duo pulled away from their parking spot with one board leaning on the side of the van and one on the ground by the spot. 25' away, they stopped with the back wheel on top of one of the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    "Is it ok?"

This duo pulled away from their parking spot with one board leaning on the side of the van and one on the ground by the spot. 25' away, they stopped with the back wheel on top of one of the boards.
    Whom amongst us hasn't pulled away, or nearly pulled away withouts skis/poles/board? If you haven't, you haven't skied much.

We should have a contest for who has driven the most miles with the ski rack open - with skis in it. I’d estimate I’m solidly in double digits.

Left my poles at home once. Realized it in the plot. Fk it skied without them.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

That's like a big thing now with the kids. No poles. Watched five young ladies get on a six pack today doing that. I think they were the cool girls, if I remember high school well.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That's like a big thing now with the kids. No poles. Watched five young ladies get on a six pack today doing that. I think they were the cool girls, if I remember high school well.
    Was an Adaptive instructor yrs ago. No poles with that duty. Good for balance training.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Yeah, with the girls, I thought, of course, slaves to fashion, but, just a few lift rides later, I saw two instructors hovering over a child trying to teach him pizza with no poles. I guess it has its benefits, but, not for most.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Left my poles at home once. Realized it in the plot. Fk it skied without them.
    Left my boots at home once! That was... uh... kind of a deal breaker and had to go back.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

"^^Uhhh Benny, it’s been a thing among the park rats for, I dunno, 20 years…"

Duh. So is ass crack showing in the lift line.

Thing is, these girls were not park rats. Its evolved into something new.

Benny needs to get out more
    No poles has been a thang among the park rats for, I dunno, maybe 20 years.

And ski schools start kids w/out poles - just another piece of gear to get in the way

And like Jonesy sez, I spent Sunday assisting and bodyguarding a kid in a sitski. Poles are in the way around a bucket - work on carrying the tray of martinis down the hill instead.

Left my poles at home once. Realized it in the plot. Fk it grabbed a mismatched pair from the rack, returned em later.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Benny needs to get out more
    No poles has been a thang among the park rats for, I dunno, maybe 20 years.

And ski schools start kids w/out poles - just another piece of gear to get in the way

And like Jonesy sez, I spent Sunday assisting and bodyguarding a kid in a sitski. Poles are in the way around a bucket - work on carrying the tray of martinis down the hill instead.
    So, you're saying everyone should ski like a four year old?

You just repeated yourself, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Whom amongst us hasn't pulled away, or nearly pulled away withouts skis/poles/board? If you haven't, you haven't skied much.
    Left my boots in the parking lot once. Retrieved them from lost & found a week later.

After driving over my poles several tines, never my skis fortunately, the rule is that the first thing that happens when I get back to my car is my skis and poles.go on the driver's side. Pretty hard to leave them if you have to step over them to get in the car.

Anyone who has never left critical gear at home, or on the roof of the car, or backed over gear--at least one if not all 3 doesn't ski enough. I'm good for all 3--if we include climbing rope on the roof.

BTW BD poles are tough.

Guilty here as well. But the straw that broke the camel's back was driving away with my coffee on the roof, which tipped over into the open sunroof.

Sunroof has been glued shut and now I'm religious about checking for scattered belongings.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Left my boots in the parking lot once. Retrieved them from lost & found a week later.

I saw a first at either Alpine Meadows or Squaw last week, I forget which. Instead of Mardi gras necklaces or ladies underwear hanging from a tree, an old pair of boot shells.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I saw a first at either Alpine Meadows or Squaw last week, I forget which. Instead of Mardi gras necklaces or ladies underwear hanging from a tree, an old pair of boot shells.
    I saw those. Also a pair of panties that management must have missed taking down. When the pandemic is declared officially over and everyone is told they never have to wear a mask again I would like to see the pantie trees festooned with masks. If I live that long.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    We should have a contest for who has driven the most miles with the ski rack open - with skis in it. I’d estimate I’m solidly in double digits.
    One time I threw my surfboard on the car roof rack, got distracted talking to someone and forgot to tie it down. I was driving down the road shifting into third gear when it floated up off the rack. It was pretty painful watching it in the rear view mirror tumbling along on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I laid my skis on my cross bars to dry after skiing. Drove off in the dark the next morning and made it it over a mile before one flew off and headed for the car behind me. I saw it sail up in the air as I was going up the hill at 40. He swerved and it missed him thankfully. Some epoxy and now I always check first. It does happen.

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by bonewrenched View Post
    Guilty here as well. But the straw that broke the camel's back was driving away with my coffee on the roof, which tipped over into the open sunroof.

Sunroof has been glued shut and now I'm religious about checking for scattered belongings.
    One of us forgot a nearly full Beer on our roof(just across town,like 2 miles) When we arrived ,the beer was still there! lol; there's a ton of deep drainage dips along the way.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Left a cup of coffee on the siderail of a float while I was strapping down. Drove across some town in the great state of Idaho to scale the load. Got out to get my scale ticket and there was my cup of joe on the deck.

Driving home last week and saw this fool clicking into his skis. Watched him ski down the paved road with a film of snow on it until he tried to check his speed. Lost a ski and body slammed to the deck. Limping down to collect the ejected ski.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220128_143422.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	403989
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Left a cup of coffee on the siderail of a float while I was strapping down. Drove across some town in the great state of Idaho to scale the load. Got out to get my scale ticket and there was my cup of joe on the deck.
    I left a water bottle in a bike rack tray, drove many, many miles out and and back. Found it still in the rack when I got back home. Good stuff.