Page 430 of 472 FirstFirst ... 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,750 of 11780
    Bota lolo
    My one buddy decided to put tequila in one day. It sprung a leak so the rest of us drank it before it all leaked out.
    I don’t remember skiing the next hour but no broken bones so all good 😁

Quote Originally Posted by donutlynx View Post
    Exactly - that was the quote from mach speed gaperboy after trying to use me as a gate and then blaming me for making a turn he didn't expect <wink>. He just about stacked it, so I skied up to him at the lodge and asked if he was ok. That was his response - lol.
    Haha. I took it to mean that two people were complaining about the people bombing the runout. Thanks for the explanation. Now I get why it's funny.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1640479674.657964.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	593.6 KB 
ID:	398167

Name:	Image1640479685.468568.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	836.2 KB 
ID:	398168

two dudes both rocking Cham 87
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

^^^jacket is boss AF

Name:	Image1640620664.027142.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	800.1 KB 
ID:	398387

Walking up to the gondola yesterday and I see this Mitsubishi with windows down, a crew of 20-something tourist gapers and rental skis sticking out of three of the windows. Pic was after I crossed and missed the moment, but incredible to see.

Hubble Deep Field on a jacket? Yes, please.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post

Name:	Image1640620664.027142.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	800.1 KB 
ID:	398387

Walking up to the gondola yesterday and I see this Mitsubishi with windows down, a crew of 20-something tourist gapers and rental skis sticking out of three of the windows. Pic was after I crossed and missed the moment, but incredible to see.
    Driver already booted up?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Hubble Deep Field on a jacket? Yes, please.
    Why don't you wait for a pic from the Webb?
    Hopefully it will be better than this pic of the oldest known galaxy.

Name:	60a7724fe25d05001880ccb4.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	398451

If I just wanted a reddish brown smudge on my jacket, I'd nail a kid at top speed on a groomer.

(I wouldn't do that)
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

"Why would I have to do avalanche training before heli-skiing? My time is much too valuable to be waiting around listening to that sort of thing. And I don't want to be skiing anywhere near anything that could be susceptible to an avalanche in the first place!"

...while on the phone with the heli operator. WFH can't end soon enough.

Name:  Screenshot_20211230-062231_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 1209
Size:  63.9 KB
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by Cokey McBlowjob View Post
    "Why would I have to do avalanche training before heli-skiing? My time is much too valuable to be waiting around listening to that sort of thing. And I don't want to be skiing anywhere near anything that could be susceptible to an avalanche in the first place!"

I'll pass on being in this guys group.
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20211230-062231_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 1209
Size:  63.9 KB
    haha, i was just asked how to prevent this. I kept thinking they were talking about fogging, or moisture inside the lense... it never occured to me that they were talking about the outside riming up.

Ive always just used by thumb as a wiper for the outside, and thought that was the most natural, common sense thing to do, so much so that i didnt occur to me people wouldnt. My only issue is if ive gone a little heavy with the snoseal recently i end up rubbing that wax on the outside of the lense and have little streaks all over. no biggie though.

About 10-12 years ago i have some gloves that came with a stiff rubber wiper blade built into the outside of each index finger. It was super legit for windshield wiping the goggles... but otherwise the gloves sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    haha, i was just asked how to prevent this. I kept thinking they were talking about fogging, or moisture inside the lense... it never occured to me that they were talking about the outside riming up.

Ive always just used by thumb as a wiper for the outside, and thought that was the most natural, common sense thing to do, so much so that i didnt occur to me people wouldnt.
    Spoken like a true PNW'er. Rime was just a fact of life growing up skiing Shasta and Bachelor, but it's almost never a thing in the Wasatch. Skied a classic rime day at Shasta last week and the wife had a hard time wrapping her brain around the idea that you're just supposed to wipe your googles off every ten turns and keep skiing.

I love watching the Ducks try and scrape that shit off thereby ruining a pricey set of Goggles.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Yeah. All you have to do is take your glove off and palm your lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yeah. All you have to do is take your glove off and palm your lens.
    FTW
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post

About 10-12 years ago i have some gloves that came with a stiff rubber wiper blade built into the outside of each index finger. It was super legit for windshield wiping the goggles... but otherwise the gloves sucked.
    https://www.tognar.com/skigee-goggle...ors-sold-each/

Reminds me of one I posted before, guy from Toronto asking me, as the guide for the Vallee Blanche gave us intructions--"What is a crevasse?" At least he had the brains to a) ask and b) not fall in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Spoken like a true PNW'er. Rime was just a fact of life growing up skiing Shasta and Bachelor, but it's almost never a thing in the Wasatch. Skied a classic rime day at Shasta last week and the wife had a hard time wrapping her brain around the idea that you're just supposed to wipe your googles off every ten turns and keep skiing.
    Funny, the only place my goggles ever got rimed was in freezing fog on top of Snowbird. I was completely blind, just took Chip's down. If I felt myself going of the groomed I turned. --40F that day.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Reminds me of one I posted before, guy from Toronto asking me, as the guide for the Vallee Blanche gave us intructions--"What is a crevasse?" At least he had the brains to a) ask and b) not fall in one.

That guy sounds like a much sharper cat than this creature. Who was, in a surprise to no one in interior BC today, also from Toronto.

Ultimately tells us that the bonus wasn't big enough to secure a private bird. Likely some alimony involved as well.

That guy sounds like a much sharper cat than this creature. Who was, in a surprise to no one in interior BC today, also from Toronto.

Ultimately tells us that the bonus wasn't big enough to secure a private bird. Likely some alimony involved as well.
    I got buried (head and one arm free) heli skiing in AK. We were skiing one at a time. The guide was way down the hill. Fortunately my son, an ex patroller was after me and dug me out because it was clear the other two clients would have had no idea what to do, especially if there was a full burial and a beacon search was necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I got buried (head and one arm free) heli skiing in AK. We were skiing one at a time. The guide was way down the hill. Fortunately my son, an ex patroller was after me and dug me out because it was clear the other two clients would have had no idea what to do, especially if there was a full burial and a beacon search was necessary.
    I got taken out by a slough train in AK last season and was very thankful my guide had decided to wait up top and let us go first. One of my skis was about 400 feet above where I ended up. If I had been last that would have tuned into quite an ordeal. I suppose they would have just taken a heli bump to the same line in order to retrieve it. Shit gets real up in those mountains fast.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Walking up to the gondola yesterday and I see this Mitsubishi with windows down, a crew of 20-something tourist gapers and rental skis sticking out of three of the windows.
    Brings back memories of my first trip out west. A friend had moved out to teach skiing at WP, so we went out to visit. Some of us brought skis with us. When we got picked up at DIA, it became clear that four or five people and a few pairs of skis weren't going to fit in a Toyota Corolla, so we put the windows down, and turned the heater up.

It was snowing pretty heavily. If you were going up Berthoud Pass that night, you may have seen an overloaded Corolla, with the windows down and skis sticking out, struggling mightily at altitude.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I believe it’s a smith optics branded bota bag and yes that’s him 🤣
    He skis the bigfeet at least once a year (he got them for xmas when he was like 13 yo or something) there are usually copious backflips and antics lol
    Attachment 398044
    I need to rock the bigfeet once more.
    They’re actually easier and more fun than you would think
    Been too long. Or short.
    Either way. Super fun.
    Best enjoyed in steeps. Slush. And bumps.

I still remember some epic runs in Alta and tower three.
    . . .