Page 321 of 471 FirstFirst ... 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,025 of 11760
    Quote Originally Posted by peds View Post
    A girl here in Chamonix mashed her knee something rotten after taking a tumble on the Ronde a couple of years ago. She actually got off lightly, she nearly flew clean off the end of it. This year, she has been able to start skinning up the pistes and taking the lift down. Inspiring stuff.

Some of you guys should try to be a little more tolerant of people's circumstances, yo.
    Lightly meaning she didn't die? She's just had a 10th surgery on her leg last week and she's very lucky to be out and active after what could have happened. This was the initial "install;" I'd dare say lightly...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Minna-accident-1.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	120.7 KB 
ID:	222384

http://blog.black-crows.com/en/24-05...ttered-spring/

Minna's a world-class ski mountaineer and her uphill training this season shouldn't be questioned. I'm super inspired by her recovery, but in the context of this thread: she knows how to uphill/travel at the resort properly, unlike the gapers in question. What "inspired" my original thread post about gaper in-bounds uphillers was the fact that these people are doing an activity in a dangerous and clueless fashion. I'm fine with in-bounds skinning (I did it yesterday...), but just like with downhill skiing, it should be done safely and properly. That's as much on the participant as it is on the rental brahs sending these people out to join the fad.

Clueless much...?
    So, you did not notice that this thread is kinda about having a laugh?

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Clueless much...?
    So, you did not notice that this thread is kinda about having a laugh?
    Most stuff gapers do is funny but not everything, and you can be a good enoug skier to ski that route and still be a gaper. That story is worth reading. the powder fever turns people into savages. sending slough onto another skier on a face like that, or worse, onto an injured skier who is barely hanging on the slope is way beyond selfish.

My son was hit by a falling skier while working an injury near the top of North Bowl at Squaw. No one hurt besides the original victim. Why someone would start down that big wide bowl directly above 2 patrol aiding an injured skier is beyond me.

OK I'm ready to laugh. Whatcha got?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Scientist View Post
    Lightly meaning she didn't die?
    Yes, exactly. According to witnesses, with the speed at which she was approaching the end of the glacier and the ensuing drop, that looked the likely way things were going to pan out. I agree with everything you said, it's inspirational.

I was skiing the Cosmiques Couloir that day, just next door. Busy day up there.

Quote Originally Posted by peds View Post
    Yes, exactly. According to witnesses, with the speed at which she was approaching the end of the glacier and the ensuing drop, that looked the likely way things were going to pan out. I agree with everything you said, it's inspirational.

I was skiing the Cosmiques Couloir that day, just next door. Busy day up there.
    Also lucky not to lose a leg. Those comminuted proximal tib-fib fractures (lots of pieces) often take out the blood supply and nerves to the lower leg.

My buddy's kid whose all about retro gear at the ripe old age of 11, convinced his dad to buy these on eBay and ski them. This pic is from today - sure they heard a few good ones out there....

This weekend while in Aspen. I overheard a Russian woman ask someone, "Which way to the Austrian elevator?" Turns out she wanted the gondola......
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Best Gaper qoute of the weekend?

Were they the two hookers, wearing really flamboyant one pieces?
    They sat with us at the Sundeck and the wife actually engaged them.
    We had a great time talking to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Was she in a gold suit with a fur hood?

Yep, she didn’t talk much.
    Her friend in a white onesie was better looking and quite friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post

My buddy's kid whose all about retro gear at the ripe old age of 11, convinced his dad to buy these on eBay and ski them. This pic is from today - sure they heard a few good ones out there....
    If you're going to ski retro skis like that, you need to ski them with retro bindings. Boots too if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Snow View Post
    If you're going to ski retro skis like that, you need to ski them with retro bindings. Boots too if possible.
    You must be an orthopedic dentist in his area.

Those were the ladies....

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Snow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    You must be an orthopedic dentist in his area.
    If you don't have enough work, you must create work. "That tooth looks loose."

Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
    This weekend while in Aspen. I overheard a Russian woman ask someone, "Which way to the Austrian elevator?" Turns out she wanted the gondola......
    Was she in a gold suit with a fur hood?
    These posts are worthless without pics.

I wants to hear moar about da hookahs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Just got an email from VR. Skiing so far this shitty year has been a basin, Jackson, Targhee, a bunch of BC and a couple Breck days putting around with my kids. On an “Epic” day the 15,000 should signal mid day, not mid year. Obviously it’s only tracking the days at Breck....

[quote]Congratulations, Peter! Your season is off to a great start. With over 15,000 vertical feet under your belt, this season is definitely going to be Epic[\quote]

Asking about snowmobile rentals - "I am hoping with a whole day rental I could summit a one or two 13k or 14k mountains."

https://www.reddit.com/r/COsnow/comm...mobile_rental/

Those were the ladies....
    Dovetails nicely with the comment I overheard in the parking lot at the end of the day:

"OOOOhhh ... taking off the ski boots is almost as good as getting in the pussy!"

Brought to mind a montage of that scene in Office Space "Man, you know what I'd do, if I had a million dollars?"
    With one of those ladies tasked with removing the boots, after a nice deep pow day!
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Fun
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by CLsurf View Post
    Asking about snowmobile rentals - "I am hoping with a whole day rental I could summit a one or two 13k or 14k mountains."

https://www.reddit.com/r/COsnow/comm...mobile_rental/
    Somebody needs to hook this bro up with a snow machine
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Saturday buddy and I got to the tram line about 8:30, after rows made we're three rows back. Two guys in the next row directly ahead of us were standing there. Inspired tourist #1 has his skis held upside down, and holding all four of their poles. Inspired tourist #2 is holding his own skis. They stand this way for 15 minutes, at which time Inspired tourist #2 tells Inspired tourist #1, "Hey, hold onto these." Hands his skis to friend that is already holding his skis upside down and all four of their poles. Inspired tourist #1 then proceeds to just chill for the remaining 15 minutes and requests his skis once the tram began loading.

Yesterday I saw a chick skinning up the resort against traffic.....with her heels locked. It looked awkward and painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Yesterday I saw a chick skinning up the resort against traffic.....with her heels locked. It looked awkward and painful.
    Cue Oldgoat, "more power to her, there's noting gaper about that".

^^ I saw a photo of a social media 'friend' that was a lady fallen over/resting on her side on a cat track with the heels unlocked, Icelantic bases naked as a jaybird to the world and her quote was "skinning is hard." Yeah, I'd think without skins, it'd be downright brutal. In fairness, she had probably just removed them, it looked like she was a ways up based on where I think she was, but it still looked funny.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!