Page 311 of 472 FirstFirst ... 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ... LastLast
Results 7,751 to 7,775 of 11780
    "Let's go ski the forest!"

You can't get there from here.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

This magazine always cracks me up. Spotted, quite appropriately, at the Ritz at Northstar.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

"...u haff bin eine norty boy, und u vill be punished..."

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post

This magazine always cracks me up. Spotted, quite appropriately, at the Ritz at Northstar.
    Well wtf are you doing at N*?

10/10, would bang
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    used to be one at Mt Rose that said No Mullets, although I've seen plenty of mullets at Northstar.

Well wtf are you doing at N*?
    Skiing with my kid. Northstar has its place around here. Windy storm days and/or when heavy snow making is required, which is certainly the case right now.

Not a quote but an observation. Yesterday I was at the car getting ready to go home as it started to rain and I watched some guy in skinny ski pants or lycra skinning up with what I assume was a new tech kit. He proceeded up the middle of the steepest open piste from the base area, lifting his ski clear of the snow with every stride in these choppy little steps. He stopped about 10 times in 50 yards to adjust things, remove a layer and fiddle with his heel lifters. I lost sight of him as he approached this blind roll right up the center of the piste, he was struggling for traction on the cueball hard, wet surface as the rain increased. He was skinning a few yards away from soft snow on the approved uphill route for when the area is closed to uphill travel.

Quote Originally Posted by fullStack View Post
    One time I thought I saw a guy at Crystal on a segway that had snow tracks mounted on it, going up toward Silver Basin. He disappeared behind a bend and by the time I got up to that point, he was gone.

The search continues.
    Caught my interest....wonder how these things handle in the snow? 40mph would make my uphill laps quicker. Need it to be GPS enabled so it’ll follow me back down though. And probably gopro enabled too so I can post how rad I am.

https://newatlas.com/dtv-shredder-tr...vehicle/16668/

Quote Originally Posted by fullStack View Post
    One time I thought I saw a guy at Crystal on a segway that had snow tracks mounted on it, going up toward Silver Basin. He disappeared behind a bend and by the time I got up to that point, he was gone.

The search continues.
    What drugs were you on?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Every time I get on a lift with a chick riding single: bla bla bla my boyfriend bla bla bla.

What I'm saying is I'm the gaper.
    I wouldn't talk about your boyfriend if you're trying to pick up single chicks. Just sayin...
    Gravity. It's the law.

We watched two 40y/o women start skinning away from the base of Aspen Highlands in thick insulated jackets unzipped, both wearing tiny little casual backpacks [why do tourons always ski with those?]. We board the lift a few mins later and see them ascending a steep pitch, both laboring and moving slowly. One woman is leaning her entire body on her poles, upper body parallel to the slope, taking 6" steps with her boot soles full vertical. I guess heel risers weren't enough for her?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Scientist View Post
    We watched two 40y/o women start skinning away from the base of Aspen Highlands in thick insulated jackets unzipped, both wearing tiny little casual backpacks [why do tourons always ski with those?]. We board the lift a few mins later and see them ascending a steep pitch, both laboring and moving slowly. One woman is leaning her entire body on her poles, upper body parallel to the slope, taking 6" steps with her boot soles full vertical. I guess heel risers weren't enough for her?
    Someone riding a lift doesn't get to make fun of someone skinning up a slope, no matter how badly they're doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Someone riding a lift doesn't get to make fun of someone skinning up a slope, no matter how badly they're doing it.
    There're no rules for this.

I'm with old goat on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    There're no rules for this.
    it's always weird to see people skinning inbounds down low at timberline. i know they're probably in better shape but still.

I reserve the right to make fun of anyone, including myself.

The most core old timer ever with a death wish

So earlier this week was our mountain's birthday (AKA Jackass Day) and it always brings out the the most interesting skiers with clapped blast from the past gear. Anyway while I am tuning skis in the shop this older gentleman comes up to the window and asks me the scariest request I have ever heard. His boot was barely too small to fit in his binding and instead of wanting me to remount his binding (Which was too old to be mounted anyway) he asked for duct tape. He then proceeded to duct tape the sole of his boot until there was enough build up that he could pop them into the ski. By far the gnarliest way to rig a ski I have ever seen! Never saw him again after that, so he either shredded it and got super lucky, or left here in a wheel chair. Hopefully it wasn't the latter.

I couldn't disagree more. The only people skinning up a ski hill during operating hours are fucking idiots. All of them. They deserve all the ridicule and spray I can unleash. It's akin to taking a unicycle on the autobahn going the wrong way. This is why people roll coal.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Absolutely not. If you want to come to the resort, use the leased USFS land without paying and make an ass of your self in any way or (more likely) be a danger to other users, you deserve to be judged. I don't give a shit about how good someone feels about their own fitness or self worth for "uphilling" at the resort. In Aspen because of A/T popularity and a poor snow year, we seem to have reached a tipping point of idiots flocking to resort and causing problems for both SkiCo operations and other users.
    FWIW: I've spent plenty of hours skinning up the resort and try to do so properly and safely; I'm not stoked having gapers ruin a good thing just because their "local friend" told them to go try "uphilling."

/rant

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. The only people skinning up a ski hill during operating hours are fucking idiots. All of them. They deserve all the ridicule and spray I can unleash. It's akin to taking a unicycle on the autobahn going the wrong way. This is why people roll coal.
    Thanks for saving me the time to type exactly what you did.

Boy oh boy, it better start snowing soon.

This is encouraging. I always wanted to skin with rax. Glad I will be accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Scientist View Post
    Absolutely not. If you want to come to the resort, use the leased USFS land without paying...
    I guess, unless there isn't snow other than man-made, or they don't have avy gear or mentors, or they're visitors and don't know the country, and maybe, just maybe they're trying it out because they heard it might be fun.

You shouldn't worry about it, they don't make you look less cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Unicycle on the autobahn.

Careful Red Bull doesn't steal that idea.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........