Page 164 of 472 FirstFirst ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 11780
    some girl was skinning up an inbounds groomer with her heal still locked down.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Looking over at the two guys w the same rentals next to me on the chair.

"You guys realize that you have two different size skis on each foot?"

"Holy shit dude, you're right"

"Yeah, just switch 'em when you get to the top"

"Hey, thanks man"

"Anytime. You guys enjoy your day."
    That's actually the favored setup for circle-track skiing.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

I was riding up chair 11 today with 2 guys. A guy skis under the chair with a go pro, prompting a conversation between them about how they worked.

Guy 1: how do those things work, do they just turn on when you reach a certain speed and turn off when you stop?

Guy 2: No man, they have buttons.

Guy 1: That would be really hard to work a button with gloves on, I think they should only record when you're going a certain speed.

^that's actually a good idea. Can you imagine how much crap footage it would cut out if it only turned on at high speed...

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    who's the gaper here again?
    Finally (it only took 165 pages) we have the much anticipated debate:

Straps or No Straps!

NOW it's a thread.

Speed dependent gopro filming probably wouldn't be that hard to do with the wifi control and phone gps.

Recently I saw car coming the other direction with the racks open and one pair of skis on it. Wonder how many he started with.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Finally (it only took 165 pages) we have the much anticipated debate:

Straps or No Straps!

NOW it's a thread.
    Lol! Yep... but honestly there is no debate, on deep days with a chance of avalanches, even inbounds, u don't wear ur straps. same with tree skiing, a lost pole is a small price to pay instead of dislocating ur shoulder, or having ur arms pinned and anchored down in the event out an avalanche
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

"i could pretty much tell you what runs will corn up and at what time and the temps needed with the right wind velocity on any aspect. same goes with winter snow and loading."

- The Omniscient Rog-Blog.
    E.C. Roll Call V 6.0
    Skiing made me Board

Quote Originally Posted by jefffski View Post
    Today at Blackcomb my partner and I boarded a lift with a guy and girl. After the lift was past the last roller, I called out "bar down" and proceeded to slowly lower the bar.

Guy says "We don't do bar."

I replied "Well, we do."

After some struggle and arguing, the bar came down.

I have never encountered this in 51 years of skiing. What a douche.
    So what was the rest of the ride like? I'm old but would probably try and start shit with this guy when we got off.

Quote Originally Posted by DickMerkin View Post
    Shit like this is why I keep getting arrested...
    My point exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    So what was the rest of the ride like? I'm old but would probably try and start shit with this guy when we got off.
    We did not speak for the rest of the ride nor after. I did look around for the snow safety guys but of course, when you want a cop...

There is a lesson here based on what I did not relate. His action to stop the bar from coming down was very aggressive and his tone was very angry. I met his tone, which did not help. I believe that if I had turned to him and said very calmly "My partner gets quite scared when the bar is up. Could you please make an exception, and we'll make sure we don't ride the lift with you next time", might have placated him and turned an issue into a non-issue. Instead, I took on his anger and that is rarely a good thing. For me, lesson learned.

Good attitude. I watched a stupid thing go 0-60 in five seconds at the gym last week due to that kind of dick swinging.

How old was this person?

We did not speak for the rest of the ride nor after. I did look around for the snow safety guys but of course, when you want a cop...

There is a lesson here based on what I did not relate. His action to stop the bar from coming down was very aggressive and his tone was very angry. I met his tone, which did not help. I believe that if I had turned to him and said very calmly "My partner gets quite scared when the bar is up. Could you please make an exception, and we'll make sure we don't ride the lift with you next time", might have placated him and turned an issue into a non-issue. Instead, I took on his anger and that is rarely a good thing. For me, lesson learned.
    Should have just pushed him off the lift then put the bar down.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

I remember looking down and thinking about pushing him off. But like I said, I'm not happy that I lost my cool. That only gave him more power. It's easy to get caught up in the moment.

He was around 30 y.o.

Sounded like he had some emotional problems, and best left in the dust. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Sounded like he had some emotional problems, and best left in the dust. Strange.
    Now that's a great attitude to take when people behave badly towards us. I wish I had thought that way at the time.

I wish those kind of individuals would wear fluorescent green vests,that way you could avoid them.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Now that's a great attitude to take when people behave badly towards us. I wish I had thought that way at the time.
    I'm older and a New Yorker. You learn to pick your fights.

I posted another thread on this

People asked me to tell me how the conversations went bad. I too need to de-escalate insead of going full throttle, but am unwilling to risk a kid by not having the bar down.

I've rationalized the three incidents I've had like this. Skiing attracts highly successful people. A certain segment of those people are all about themselves. Last year the guys wife told him to shut up when he started into me about how another person had broken his femur putting down the bar and I told him that was not possible. He then went after her for the rest of the ride up.

Walking away is very hard for me, but every time I do, the whole situation goes better.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Last year the guys wife told him to shut up when he started into me about how another person had broken his femur putting down the bar and I told him that was not possible. He then went after her for the rest of the ride up.
    heh. skiers with rickets unite!

Thigh armor will prevent that kind of injury.

My life got a lot better when I grew up/mellowed enough to just walk away from hotheaded strangers.
    Change is good. You go first.

"How are those in the outback?"

...?

Some 'tard puts me and maybe a family member (got kids) or a friend in danger, I'd really have a hard time letting it go.

Wow, safety bars on chairs sure are a hot topic here. Most of the places I ski don't even have them. Haven't fallen off a chair yet.

spook Guest
    what's worse is if they get to you after you go home. i think it was my first or second day on my a-frame, such a beautiful board. a weekday at meadows, nobody there, totally dead. i realize i need to fix a strap or something when i'm just about to leave the singles line. i look around, not a soul around, so i stop with the front foot of my board sticking out into the space wide enough for 4 wide. as i'm adjusting my strap, this fucker skis right over my board, looking at me. by the time i overcame my flabbergasm, he was almost on the chair. plus he had tobe at least 60 so i wasn't going to fight over it. i just don't get why people go out of their way to do shit like that. but it pissed ,me off for a long time. it might be pissing me off a little now that i think about it 6 years later.w