WWMD: Heliski or rogers pass?

I know iam spoiled as fuck. Anyways ive been offered to work at CMH bugaboos for a week which also coincides with a hut trip to rogers pass for 3 days at the wheeler hut. At the bugs i could ski 3-4 afternoons. Where as in Rogers ill be touring for 3 days. Shit im in the best conundrum ever. WWMD?

Ski with your friends. It's always more fun.

Having said that sjp - CMH Bugs has amazing scenery and terrain. Its hard to get to terrain in winter; easier to get to in spring and summer no doubt. What will you be doing at Bugs johnny?

The Wheeler is a nice hut but its not very high

Do the Bugaboos trip. It will convince you to never actually spend money on a heliski trip later in life. Unless skiing intermediate slopes with people determined to rack up the most vertical each day appeals to you.

And as LL said the scenery up there is way cool and getting flown around those peaks in a heli would be worth it.

Take pix!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Do the Bugaboos trip. It will convince you to never actually spend money on a heliski trip later in life. Unless skiing intermediate slopes with people determined to rack up the most vertical each day appeals to you.
    That's a pretty broad generalization. It all depends on the group you're with, the company you fly with, and the conditions/stability at the time. Put together a full helicopter of people who ski like you do and the guides (generally, depending on which company you're with) will be more than happy to take you to the goods. SnowWater, for example, caters to a higher level of skiers and will take you where they feel you are capable, provided the conditions allow for it. You can get some really steep skiing, drops, whatever so long as you're up for it. Don't know about CMH but Selkirk-Tangiers is much the same as SnowWater, although probably more conservative. Still, it can be pretty killer terrain.

As a working guy who's just coming in the afternoons, it depends again on the group you're in with. I would guess though that Eldo might be right in this case as what you want to ski won't drive any decisions. The paying customers will drive what gets skied and the chances that it's as he described are pretty high. But I wouldn't judge all heli-skiing by that single experience. I've had plenty of awesome trips.

That was mostly a joke.

But we do live in very different worlds if you could fill a private heli with friends who could afford such a thing.

That was mostly a joke.

But we do live in very different worlds if you could fill a private heli with friends who could afford such a thing.
    Yeah, I knew that. Just didn't want someone to get the wrong impression that all heli-skiing sucked and was loaded with vertical gapers.

As for the other world.....ya just never know what kind of deal (scam) some people may be running.....

That was mostly a joke.

Forget filling the heli
    I'd be happy to just get ONE to go with me

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Having said that sjp - CMH Bugs has amazing scenery and terrain. Its hard to get to terrain in winter; easier to get to in spring and summer no doubt. What will you be doing at Bugs johnny?

The Wheeler is a nice hut but its not very high
    Ill be the sandwich maker extraordinaire. Hmmmm im leaning towards the bugs. Looks like high pressure may come in during the week which would be unreal.