Where to mount 08 Antipiste Alpine

I am going to mount alpine or AT binders on a pair of 08 Antipistes, with rocker tip and tele inserts. Does anyone know where I should mount them?

Here are the distances measured from the tail (cm) for standard alpine (mid-sole) mounts on the Anti Pistes. Take care to measure a straight line from the tail end of the ski. Do NOT let end of tape measure 'fall' into the tail arc notch. Not sure which size you have, so I posted all four. These measurements are for the '07-'08 model, not prior years'.

167cm=70.5
    174cm=74
    181cm=77.5
    188cm=81

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Here are the distances measured from the tail (cm) for standard alpine (mid-sole) mounts on the Anti Pistes. Take care to measure a straight line from the tail end of the ski. Do NOT let end of tape measure 'fall' into the tail arc notch. Not sure which size you have, so I posted all four. These measurements are for the '07-'08 model, not prior years'.

167cm=70.5
    174cm=74
    181cm=77.5
    188cm=81
    Thank you for that info, Jax. How did you get those figures?

I just talked to my K2 rep and he says "We've measured chord center, figured out the mid sole correspondence and mounted AT and alpine binders from there." Also, he says that measuring technique would be the same with this years AP or the non rockered version from last.

Are you guys both advising me the same thing?

I rep for K2 Tele & AT; who's your rep or were you speaking to the alpine rep? I got those numbers direct from Ken Schiele, product development engineer from K2 Sports.

The measuring technique is the same for this years or last, but the physical measurements (distance from the tail) will be different. I do not have the measurements from last years' skis, but if you need them I can dig them up for you.

I rep for K2 Tele & AT; who's your rep or were you speaking to the alpine rep? I got those numbers direct from Ken Schiele, product development engineer from K2 Sports.

The measuring technique is the same for this years or last, but the physical measurements (distance from the tail) will be different. I do not have the measurements from last years' skis, but if you need them I can dig them up for you.
    Jax, I think Rick got his info from Ian Reed. Your source sounds authoritative; I will go with that. Thanks again.

Rekindling...

I have a pair of the anti's that are woody inspired... can you give me some help with chord/boot center info? I'll be mounting some outlaw x w/ a plate.

Thanks,
    Devin

Quote Originally Posted by DJHAWK View Post
    I have a pair of the anti's that are woody inspired... can you give me some help with chord/boot center info? I'll be mounting some outlaw x w/ a plate.

Thanks,
    Devin
    You do realize the previous post from yours was in 2008, right?
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Oh.. is that what the date at the top right is.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Did you see the title to my post? Do you know what it means? The guy who originally posted the info is still active so maybe just scroll on by. I have a pair of very unused anti-pistes that are looking forward to some powder so I asked. I'm hoping Jax can help me out or someone else might be able to.

ps. Thanks Capt. Obvi

Did you see the title to my post? Do you know what it means? The guy who originally posted the info is still active so maybe just scroll on by. I have a pair of very unused anti-pistes that are looking forward to some powder so I asked. I'm hoping Jax can help me out or someone else might be able to.

ps. Thanks Capt. Obvi
    PM Rontele. He used to design skis for K2 around the era of those Anti Piste, and I bet he could tell you the mounting info.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

ps. Thanks Capt. Obvi
    Right on buddy.

You're going to have a rough go around here.

Good luck and stuff.

ps. Thanks Capt. Obvi
    By the way... I really appreciate the efficiency gains in leaving out the last syllable in "obvious".

Oops... I guess I just undid that... sorry!

Thanks,
    Devin
    Devin, do your APs have factory inserts? I assume they do, since you mentioned plates to convert to Outlaws.

I have 181 APs, with early rise tips, with factory inserts. I have Switchbacks mounted on the forward-most position, and they ski very well, including in powder. The rearward inserts appear to be only about 2cm back from the forward mounting position. The mid-chord line is in between the two positions, which makes some sense, as they have some early rise, but they also have a flat tail.

Also, the AT mid-sole measurement given in earlier posts matches very well with my forward-mount position -- which is interesting, because I usually mount tele bindings a bit behind the AT boot-center line. (I use 28 Scarpas.) So you could probably go for the rearward mount on the factory inserts too -- and it is only 2cm, not much difference...

Are you using BnD shift plates? Those will give you a couple more different options in mounting position.

Anti piste, a very underrated versatile BC ski. I bet if K2 came out with the same ski today with some new hip graphics and name, they'd probably sell well.

Use Jax's measurements. Or do your own voodoo with his, chord +1, and balance point.

181s. They do have inserts and I'm trying to find a way to use some old plates that I used for my HHeads that were made to convert 4 hole tele to the 22 designs 6 pack.... but finding it hard to source 6mm machine screws that fit in the outlaw binding. It seems the BnD plates use a little smaller thread size and the head diameter is a hair smaller as well. If i find some it saves me buying new plates as I already have 2 pair of them; $160 more for après!

I don't think this version had early rise but they are pretty soft to begin with so guessing they float ok. I'll end up playing with the stance a little but thought it'd be nice to have a starting point.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Well, it is a timeless thread. I referenced it about 5 years ago.

And, I thought his response to you was meant to be funny when I first read it.

BTW- above beta is spot on. I wouldn't worry about chord center.