Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

LOST -- how good/bad will season 4 be?

Hopefully better than season 3. Time to get some answers...

The Season 4 trailer looks really good. I think this season's going to blow the other seasons away. I hope.

Haven't heard shit about it, nor read anything about it. They did a good job letting me off easy for the summer break at the end of season 3, so I'm not going to get myself all sexed up and retard strong before the first episode even premieres.

I think it will be good. Locke becoming an seperatist is interesting. I am a little worried that introducing a new group (rescuers) will be a little far fetched.
    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.

I liked season 3 and thought it was the perfect way to end the series. That said I'm not exactly going to not watch the new season, psyched!

You thought they could have ended the series after season 3? I would have been SUPER disappointed with no answers or no finality. But maybe thats just me.

I think we'll see an interesting dynamic develop between the Others and the "rescuers," whom it seems aren't going to be rescuers at all. Probably there's an old battle between those groups for supremacy over the island's secrets. I'm sure Ben still has a few tricks up his sleeve and Locke's new mission will be interesting. And hopefully we get to find out who/what Jacob is. Hopefully he's not this guy.

Last edited by Schmear; 01-17-2008 at 04:09 PM.

Hopefully he's not this guy.
    No kidding. That would be rather shocking.

I think it is the same thing as in the movie Cloverfield.

I thought Season 3 was really good. I'm definitely looking forward to Season 4, although having the characters, or at least some characters, leaving the island seems strange. Not sure how that's going to play.

I gave up before the end of Season 1. I was pretty sure it was going to fizzle out the way the X-Files did, hinting at a "big picture" to be seen but consistently failing to deliver it.

If Lost turns out to have a big picture, I'll be surprised. If they do I'd bet it's a cheap and cheesey one. Most likely the "It-was-all-a-dream" cop-out.
    "Active management in bear markets tends to outperform. Unfortunately, investors are not as elated with relative returns when they are negative. But it does support the argument that active management adds value." -- independent fund analyst Peter Loach

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Huckable View Post
    I gave up before the end of Season 1. I was pretty sure it was going to fizzle out the way the X-Files did, hinting at a "big picture" to be seen but consistently failing to deliver it.

If Lost turns out to have a big picture, I'll be surprised. If they do I'd bet it's a cheap and cheesey one. Most likely the "It-was-all-a-dream" cop-out.
    You're a bitter man because you gave up too soon.
    It's gonna be good.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Lost is the perfect example of delayed gratification.

In Season one Sawyer kills a polar bear you don't find out until Season 3 when Sawyer and Kate are in the Polar Bear cages that the Dharma Initiative brought them. Same question is answered if you were quick enough to catch the Dharma sign on the sharks tail when it was circling the raft in Season one. Jack wakes up in an aquarium.

As to Cliff they do get off the island which in my .02 is both a curse and a savior. For the finale when Jack visits someone in a casket which is still up for grabs as to who is in it. I forget the funeral home name but it is an anagram for FLASH FORWARD proving that they do in fact get off the island. Which I hope isn't until Season 5 but I do think that we are going to see more flash forward.

I am still unsure about the Jacob thing but I do think that it is connected to the Smoke monster that killed Mr. Eko. What I've always wondered if Mr. Eko was sorry for what he did in life would he have been spared? I think that Sawyer should be having a meeting with it in Season 4 if it turns out to be some sort of Angel of Death. I also thought it was amazing that Locke's Dad was the one who conned Sawyers Mom which lead to the murder/suicide of his family.

When we get to whoever they managed to contact I will trust Sayid's judgment on them. He has always been right he knew Ben was full of shit for the get go and shouldn't have a hard time with the new people on the island.

Well written summary. One thing: it was my impression from the season 4 trailer that at least Jack and Kate got off the island. Did I misinterpret something? Regardless, I am really looking forward to this season. Anyone know if theres going to be a season 3 finale rerun any time soon? I mainly remember what happened, but not specifically.

Looks like you can still watch every episode at abc.com.

I thought season 3 ended well, but the first half was tedious. The episode where Ben "introduces" Locke to Jacob was great. Hoping for more of that kind of stuff in season 4. Several cast members have been quoted as saying there will be several "mind-blowing" moments coming up. Hopefully that's not just PR.
    Last edited by Schmear; 01-22-2008 at 07:20 PM.

The intro to Jacob was mind blowing in itself. I love how you actually see Jacob or what appears to be him for something like 10-15 frames but just enough to make you go WTF was that.

I've read some rumors that it's suppose to be someone that's been on the show but has never had a speaking part. If so then it really leaves out one man the Hanso guy that's behind the DI.

I wanna know if we have seen the last of Michael/Walt...Maybe maybe not but if we do see them I want it in the first couple of episodes dammit.

I've been catching up on them on the DVDs which are amazing you really catch 10x more then you would on TV without horrid commercials. I really see Locke switching alliances from 815 to the Others and taking power from Ben. The Others are losing faith in Ben he has had a few HUGE failures and a few of his lies have leaked out. His little lie that the Looking Glass station was flooded when it clearly wasn't. Locke blowing up the submarine and commuting Juliet's sentence hasn't done wonders for his popularity. That's not even getting into taking Locke to see Jacob.

One thing that has amazed me is how at one time only Kate, Sayid, and Sawyer had killed. Now it seems like the list of people that haven't killed is only a few people.

Killers Not
    Kate Jack
    Sawyer Rose
    Sayid ?????
    Hugo/Hurley Locke
    Sun Claire
    Jin
    Juliet
    Rose's husband

There is an article in TV Guide that talks about the first 4 episodes of this season. There are some spoilers in the article.

ooo... I wanna read the article, but I think I'll hold off. I think the season's more fun when I have NO idea what's coming next
    I'm gonna say this will be the best season answer wise so far, and hopefully mimics the 1st season on "huh?" moments.
    This isn't the last season, so there will definitely be more questions arising.
    Last edited by Keegan; 01-23-2008 at 03:14 PM. Reason: fixed grammar

2007 sucked... 08 will be worse... that show has been going down hill for a while.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    2007 sucked... 08 will be worse... that show has been going down hill for a while.

Once again go cunt up another thread. Prime example of people that come into threads just to say "This topic sucks." See GH3 thread.

Stoked I finally have time to watch the Bonus features on the DVD's today so you should see a rather long post with hopefuly a youtube vid attached.

ABC's going to be re-airing the finale from last season with pop-up information about the episode... I believe it's airing on the 30th.

The 08' season is turning out to be the best I've ever seen.... its not even February!!

Holy hell if you haven't checked out the Orchid video do it NOW!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4bTvAUVPyLI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4bTvAUVPyLI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

CASIMIR holy hell do you know what that means!

video....eh? people acting like a rabbit is some rabid monster as it sits in the cage minding its own business. More of a stange over reaction than a mystery.

More titillating nonsense to the drive the masses through television confusion.

"god loves us as he loved jacob" So? again something thrown in there to keep people guessing

The writers & producers are winging this shit. They have no idea where or how they'll take the show. But I still like it. I'm in for the ride.

After watching the season 3 "pop-up video style" finale, I still think Charlie could have / should have gotten out of the radio room and closed the door behind him. But, noooo, he had to fulfill some lameass vision. I guess the actor wanted off the show. stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post

More titillating nonsense to the drive the masses through television confusion.

"god loves us as he loved jacob" So? again something thrown in there to keep people guessing

The writers & producers are winging this shit. They have no idea where or how they'll take the show. But I still like it. I'm in for the ride.

After watching the season 3 "pop-up video style" finale, I still think Charlie could have / should have gotten out of the radio room and closed the door behind him. But, noooo, he had to fulfill some lameass vision. I guess the actor wanted off the show. stupid

The reason Charlie died was because he beleived that to get everyone rescued he HAD to die. After watching tonights episode he isn't off the show so check that off your list.

Anyways with the reappearance of Charlie in another future flash forward it proves that the Casimir effect is a huge tip off. You catch it in the Orchid training video. That's why they were freaking out about the bunnies being together. All try and post it again but with not noob it up. Anyways it has to do with time travel and the way energy behaves when you do travel. All post the wiki link so you can read for yourself. I think the island and it's strong magnetic fields, the Hatch imploding when Locke failed to push the buttons and turning the sky purple is ample evidence of that. Somehow I think that the island is either some sort of stepping stone for long distance time travel or for time travel itself. From the island to a point in time either past or future.
    This explains a few anamolies such as the Black Rock and the four toed foot that Sayid, Jin, and Sun saw sailing around the island. Maybe they opened a wormhole to travel and somehow got the ship from the past and maybe a foot from the future?

I find it very odd that Hugo saw Jacob like Locke did. Just another peak of him but it does look like Locke. Someone needs to pull the slow mo of this episode to compare.

Another thing I thought when the heilcopter dropped off one of the people from the ship I thought holy shit that looks just like Jack!

Let alone the spilt of the survivors almost down the middle. So much to discuss !!!