Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    I'm guessing, and kind of hoping, it isn't Michael because he would be such an obvious choice. Better for them to pull a surprise on us at this point.

The other person it might/could possilby be is Boone. Did we actually SEE his corpse, or just a body in the old airplane? We never saw them put hiim in a grave did we?

Boone would be a surprise, especially considering he was just a pretty-boy with no real skills.
    "If it had taken any effort I wouldn't have done it at all. I mean it. I wouldn't have done anything" - B. Kelso

I thought Boone died under the care of Dr. Jack at the caves? Maybe I have that wrong.

If they bring back Michael I'd like it to be in one of the flash forwards as someone living under cover and connecting with the Oceanic 6.

There is stuff going on that has been just passed off as nothing that needs some explaining.

- how did Ben know the red head chick & the nerd guy were going to the Tempest station? and how could he have sent a message to the others while tied up in a basement? I call shananigans!

- how did Ben's group get loads of personal information on all the members of the plane crash within hours?

- Is Ben doing the time travel thing and figured how to pass information to himself back & forth?

- why is Locke so fucking stupid? He falls for Ben's shit all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    There is stuff going on that has been just passed off as nothing that needs some explaining.

- how did Ben know the red head chick & the nerd guy were going to the Tempest station? and how could he have sent a message to the others while tied up in a basement? I call shananigans!
    I think he found out from the conversation with the Asain dude from the boat. He said an exact dollar value that was pretty suspicious. I dont know how he got the message out, I was baked as shit for last week episode and do not remember it all.
    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.

Just found this picture from next week's episode. Michael is back. Maybe not this week, but next week for sure.

"If it had taken any effort I wouldn't have done it at all. I mean it. I wouldn't have done anything" - B. Kelso

Wow, interesting episode tonight. So is Jin dead or isn't he? I'm presuming the whole panda incident really took place before he got to the island (his cell phone looked a little dated for one thing). So we can only presume he got off the island, but then died, so he and Sun are the final two in the Oceanic Six.

Another question I had is from last week's episode. I saw part of the rerun tonight and got to thinkin' why the heck did Daniel and Charlotte hang out on the island for a few days without seeming too concerned before deciding to go to the Tempest station and disarm the poison gas? Did they somehow just find out about it right in the nick of time, and if so, who told them?

edit: hold on a sec. I just looked at the timeline and September 22nd, 2004 is when the plane crashed. I'm almost certain that was the date on Jin's tombstone. So i guess he didn't get off the island. So why would Hurley and Sun go to his, presumably fake, grave?
    Last edited by The AD; 03-13-2008 at 11:33 PM.

I think Jin's alive but stuck on the island. Sun and Hurley know this. One far-fetched idea could be that there's a camera in the tombstone, kind of like when that Richard dude was filming Juliette's sister so Ben could show Juliette that she was cancer-free. Sun was showing Jin his baby. Also, it doesn't seem like Hurley to suggest taking the baby to the tombstone knowing it would be hard for Sun (and him). Seems like Hurley knew something too.

Pretty sure Jin's flashback really was a flashback, in part because while chasing the taxi he was saying things like, "I'll kill you if I find you!" which is typical of pre-island Jin, but not so much of present-island Jin. As we saw in tonight's episode he's developed a compassionate side.
    Last edited by Schmear; 03-14-2008 at 12:30 AM.

what's LOST ?
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

I need to stop checking this thread every friday, before I actualy see the episode...
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

And then, of course, there's Michael. How did he get on the ship and where's Walt?

Let's go kill some vampires !

Quote Originally Posted by philippeR View Post
    I need to stop checking this thread every friday, before I actualy see the episode...
    I KNOW !!!! it's gonna be GREAT !!!!

can't wait .....wringing hands

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    And then, of course, there's Michael. How did he get on the ship and where's Walt?
    I've got two theories on this one:

1) Michael got off the island with Walt, who is safely in the care of someone back home. He wanted to come back and rescue his friend after feeling the enormous guilt of leaving them on that dock that day with Ben and his crew. In his own research on how to get back to the island, he caught wind of Penny's dad's search, went undercover, and is not trying to do everything he can to get back and save them.

2) Michael and Walt never really went home. This would explain why Walt seems to magically appear from time to time (like overlooking Locke in the pit after he was shot).

And one other question:

How come when Hurley showed up at Sun's did he respond "Good" when if the others showed up (assuming this is Kate, Jack, et al)?

Quote Originally Posted by igBand View Post
    How come when Hurley showed up at Sun's did he respond "Good" when if the others showed up (assuming this is Kate, Jack, et al)?
    I thought that was a little strange, too, but then again it's Hurley.

And one other question:

This is the worst pain EVER!

When we found out about the Oceanic 6, didn't they say that there were 7 survivors, 6 of which made if off the island? I think Jin is the death and we have yet to find out the final member of the 6.

Also, I read on another website a theory that when Ben said to Juliette that "you are mine" that she is actually his constant from past to present. I watched the end of last weeks and the way he says that line and the lack of anything sexual/emotional is very interesting.

Another question I had is from last week's episode. I saw part of the rerun tonight and got to thinkin' why the heck did Daniel and Charlotte hang out on the island for a few days without seeming too concerned before deciding to go to the Tempest station and disarm the poison gas? Did they somehow just find out about it right in the nick of time, and if so, who told them?
    That is a great question. They were just kind of chilling on the island playing memory games then all of a sudden have a huge sense of urgency. Just as Ben had the therapist as an insider still on the island, maybe the boat peope have a spy as well.
    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.

I don't get this guessing about who is still to be named in the Oceanic 6. They have all been exposed

Jack
    Kate
    Aaron
    Hurley
    Sayid
    Sun

You're probably right. I think the only question is if a baby born on the island would be considered part of the Six. I guess Aaron technically survived the crash. He wasn't born yet, but he survived the crash.

I'm probably thinking about this too much, but I now wonder if Jin truly is the father of Sun's baby. Since Jin's headstone claims he died during the crash wouldn't everyone off the island have to suspect that one of the other survivors of the crash was the real father? Otherwise the timing wouldn't work out right. However, Hurley did say the baby looks just like Jin, so at least he thinks Jin is the father. Of course there's also the possibility of the apparent discontinuity between time on the mainland and the island, so that could be a factor.

I suspect the Six had to make some hard choices that they are having trouble living with to get off the island; hence, the strained relations between Jack and Kate off-island, Hurley being institutionalized, etc.

I've got two theories on this one:

1) Michael got off the island with Walt, who is safely in the care of someone back home. He wanted to come back and rescue his friend after feeling the enormous guilt of leaving them on that dock that day with Ben and his crew. In his own research on how to get back to the island, he caught wind of Penny's dad's search, went undercover, and is not trying to do everything he can to get back and save them.

2) Michael and Walt never really went home. This would explain why Walt seems to magically appear from time to time (like overlooking Locke in the pit after he was shot).
    I think Michael made a deal with the devil (Ben) to save Walt. Now he is Ben’s man on the boat (not to be confused with the proverbial man in the canoe).
    Last edited by Greydon Clark; 03-14-2008 at 01:06 PM.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark View Post
    I think Michael made a deal with the devil (Ben) to save Walt. Now he is Ben’s man on the boat (not to be confused with the proverbial man in the canoe).
    This is a great theory. It would definitely explain a lot.

why did Michael have a cmopletely blank look on his face when he was introduce to Sayed and Desmond, he couldn't be that much of an actor

195 Lab Swallowtail
    186 Moment Donner Party
    182 Moment Reno Freebird
    180 Moment Tahoe

I'm gonna live forever if the good die young

Life is a suicide mission

Quote Originally Posted by vtdownhiller View Post
    why did Michael have a cmopletely blank look on his face when he was introduce to Sayed and Desmond, he couldn't be that much of an actor
    Assuming Ben is responsible for Michael on the freighter, maybe he (Ben) made use of the time travel trap and Michael is really "visiting" from the past. In that sense, he wouldn't have any context for Desmond and Sayid - they would be completely "new" to him much like how Desmond was completely fucked up when he first arrived on the boat and didn't know Sayid or the other helicopter passengers.

Of course this does not explain the notes left of Sayid and Desmond (Don't trust the captain) and the unlocked door. It does, however, explain why he had that extremely blank look on his face.

I'm getting pretty fucking bored with "Lost." The only "OMG' moment I've had for a while was this week (which was more of a three-snapper) when Juilette dropped that bomb on Jin about Sun. Otherwise, I say "meh."

Sorry to shit in your cereal(s), but I'm not too excited about the show like I thought I would be. Maybe I'm too depressed that quality TV ("The Wire") is gone for good

I’d attribute Michael’s blank look to not wanting his cover blown. Also, for clarification, I don’t think Ben is literally Satan but the Prince of Darkness in a more of a figurative sense.

Fonixmunke, I agree that Lost doesn’t hold a candle to The Wire, and my wife routinely reminds me that the show is basically a primetime soap opera for men, but I think it is a fun show nonetheless.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge