Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRider View Post
    The log book is from the first mate of ship in the middle of the island – the Black Rock.
    Yup, and the auctioneer said it was being sold by Alvar Hanso.

Something I wondered about last night was if the device Miles used when he talked to the ghost in the house in Inglewood was just a miniaturized version of what Faraday used at Oxford in 1996.

last nights episode was either great, or was the moment lost completely jumped the shark, time will tell. the show is now 100% in the sci-fi, absolutely anything goes realm. i don't think thats necessarily a good thing, i preferred it when it just dabbled in sci-fi but whatever, its still the only good show on tv. everytime this show answers a question it raises three more, then eventually it answers one of those questions but creates three more hoping you forget about the last batch of unanswered questions and focus on the new ones. the cycle just keeps repeating. the polar bear, the smoke monster that seems to have gone away, the numbers, the powers of the island, the other island, where did the others go, michael and walt, jacob, etc.. now its all about how the oceanic six get off the island, why is sayid killing for ben, time travelling, etc.. remember when the focus of half a season was getting into a hatch? great show but you really have to turn off your brain and just go along for the ride. the second you start thinking about it, it falls apart.

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmear View Post
    Didn't Desmond break up with Penny twice? Once when he joined the military and again later when he entered the sailing contest? Maybe I'm wrong about that.
    That's how parallel universes work, dude. I know, it hurts the brain.

Great episode. Really answered some important questions and made some forward progress with the plot (finally.)

Quote Originally Posted by grapedrink View Post
    last nights episode was either great, or was the moment lost completely jumped the shark, time will tell. the show is now 100% in the sci-fi, absolutely anything goes realm. i don't think thats necessarily a good thing, i preferred it when it just dabbled in sci-fi but whatever, its still the only good show on tv. everytime this show answers a question it raises three more, then eventually it answers one of those questions but creates three more hoping you forget about the last batch of unanswered questions and focus on the new ones. the cycle just keeps repeating. the polar bear, the smoke monster that seems to have gone away, the numbers, the powers of the island, the other island, where did the others go, michael and walt, jacob, etc.. now its all about how the oceanic six get off the island, why is sayid killing for ben, time travelling, etc.. remember when the focus of half a season was getting into a hatch? great show but you really have to turn off your brain and just go along for the ride. the second you start thinking about it, it falls apart.
    I have a good feeling that everything (the smoke monster, the statue, Dharma and the Others, the numbers, hatches, etc.) will circle around and rejoin the plot at some point. They have three more seasons. They can't blow the wad now by explaining everything and lose viewers the rest of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy109 View Post
    crazy wrinkle in time shit?
    cha-ching

let's start a lost plot pool
    fine

My vote is still the same - Hurley imaging the whole thing from the loony bin. ala St Elsewhere.

cha-ching

let's start a lost plot pool
    This could definitely make things interesting.

So I just watched last night's episode. Holy mind-fuck! I thought it was one of the best yet. Now that said, some ideas...

The dead person at the funeral home from the season 3 finale is the time scientist/physicist. Somehow he affected Jack and crew and ended up dying an ignoble death.

The other survivors that don't make it off the island, never actually survived the crash to begin with, it was one of the time warp things, so there really only were 8 survivors after the time warp gets patched up somehow

The helper on the boat (the open door) is Ben.

I thought this was a great episode and it definately just upped the ante for the remaining episodes.

Funny thing is too, I have never been a sci-fi fan or been drawn to shows like this. A couple years back I rented the season 1 DVDs and got addicted. Now I am a huge fan of this show.

And oh yes, the blond from the island, the one hanging out with Jack, I'd like to slap that bitch, I mean the actress. Her lips make her look like a frog. A very smug frog. Can't stand that actress and character.

And I just remembered, Farraday asked if Desmond had been around radiation or magnetic fields. Remember that Desmond had spent three years in the hatch which was all magnetic.
    Last edited by Nanuq; 02-29-2008 at 07:45 PM.
    "If it had taken any effort I wouldn't have done it at all. I mean it. I wouldn't have done anything" - B. Kelso

Quote Originally Posted by Nanuq View Post

And I just remembered, Farraday asked if Desmond had been around radiation or magnetic fields. Remember that Desmond had spent three years in the hatch which was all magnetic.
    Desmond was also at ground zero for the super bizarre magno-unload or whatever that was when the hatch blew.

It will interesting to see if they ever disclose what super magnetic/radiation source caused the guy from Short Circuit (the radion man) to loose his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by igBand View Post
    Desmond was also at ground zero for the super bizarre magno-unload or whatever that was when the hatch blew.

It will interesting to see if they ever disclose what super magnetic/radiation source caused the guy from Short Circuit (the radion man) to loose his mind.
    And Locke was there too, and he couldn't find the cabin. Another time warp/mind fuck thing with him as well maybe?
    "If it had taken any effort I wouldn't have done it at all. I mean it. I wouldn't have done anything" - B. Kelso

Quote Originally Posted by igBand View Post
    It could just be as simple as the fact he was the communications guy on the boat. He might have spent a good part of his life around electronic equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanuq
    The other survivors that don't make it off the island, never actually survived the crash to begin with, it was one of the time warp things, so there really only were 8 survivors after the time warp gets patched up somehow
    No way. It seems like the time warp thing only happens in peoples' minds. People don't appear in two places at once or appear in places they shouldn't be. If we see the survivors on the island they are definitely really there.

not sure if this was in the magazine, or if any of you read it. lots of stuff that is planned on being worked out by the end of the season. spoiler-ish in that it's nothing detailed or definite.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20179125,00.html
    fine

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Wondering if the magic time travel white light used on the rat was the same "type" of light that was shooting skyward out of the hatch when they blew the door off?

which would explain why desmond's effected, but not sayid

radio guy though, would have only experienced it through his attempt to get to the island (or, as much as we know of him)
    fine

Quote Originally Posted by BLOOD SWEAT STEEL View Post
    Wondering if the magic time travel white light used on the rat was the same "type" of light that was shooting skyward out of the hatch when they blew the door off?
    The "enhanced" version of that episode last night noted that idea and said it was the same.

so obviously michael's on the boat.

so does penny work for her dad, or even know what he does?

loved ben at the end.
    fine

so does penny work for her dad, or even know what he does?
    Or is Ben possibly full of shit? Although I don't really see why he'd need to lie about Widmore. The Juliet segment certainly reminded us of what a snake in the grass he is, though. By the way, was the Juliet stuff the first flashback this season? It's seems like up till now it's been all flash forwards.

One more thing about Juliet. Nice rack, but really doesn't look so hot soaking wet

Juliet is my least favorite charcter, mostly because the actress who plays her looks like the joker. I mean, her smile and fake pouty upper lip makes me want to drown a sack of kittens, but I digress.

Just finished watching last night's epidoe, and while it was good, wasn't nearly as good as the others this season. But some interesting turns. Confirmation of Penny's pops doing something funky, but we still don't know if he is good or bad. Ben's jockeying and playing with Locke, same deal - good or bad?

And I am wanting to know who is on the boat. You think it is Michael?

ben pointed michael and walt straight to the boat.

the door to the sick bay opening was probably him last week

and then the ad for next week's episode hint at someone showing up again (to sayid, who's on the boat)

any taker$$$?
    fine

Quote Originally Posted by Nanuq View Post
    And I am wanting to know who is on the boat. You think it is Michael?
    His name has been in the credits all season long so we know he is going to return at some point.

Based on the ending of this episode, it wouldn't surprise me if he turns out to be Ben's "guy on the boat".
    I think that the human mind is unique among all other forms of life in that it can spontaneously create unique thoughts and provide unique behaviors. Instead of rewarding that uniqueness we, for some reason probably because of cultural and social necessity, we chastise unique behavior and reward conformity.

Good to see another station. I know some people don't like that aspect of the show, but I think the stations are cool.

Overall it was a mediocre episode, the worst of this season at least, but there were still some good parts. Ben's "You're mine!!!" comment was pretty funny.

Who thinks Juliette is playing Jack like a deck of cards? Or maybe vise-versa?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmear View Post
    Good to see another station. I know some people don't like that aspect of the show, but I think the stations are cool.
    That is my favorite part of the show, seeing another station. I don't know why, but I'm obsessed with figuring out the different stations on the island. They all serve a different purpose and add insight into what the island has to offer.

Ben has played just about everyone in the show, and although they're showing the background between Ben and Juliet, but I highly doubt that Juliet is playing Ben, or at least not nearly as much as she thinks she is.
    I think that the human mind is unique among all other forms of life in that it can spontaneously create unique thoughts and provide unique behaviors. Instead of rewarding that uniqueness we, for some reason probably because of cultural and social necessity, we chastise unique behavior and reward conformity.

The final two have got to be Walt and Michael. However, the trailer for next week's episode said something like "you will see a face you didn't think you'd ever see again." I would think by this point most people would expect it to be Michael, so is it possible they could surprise us?

One other thing. They sure have been keeping the whereabouts of the "other" Others quiet all season. What are they up to? And in Season One didn't the others kidnap quite a few of the crash survivors? You'd think they'd be more interested in trying to find them.

What if it's Anna Lucia. They talked a bit about her in tonight's episode.

With the weird shit of the island, maybe she didn't die and she is the shipboard helper?

I sure as hell hope it isn't Anna Lucia.

I found her to be especially annoying. Her "I'm a super-bad-ass-so-don't-fuck-with-me" attitude was terrible.

My bet is that it is Michael on the boat. That would explain why Walt appeared out of the blue.