Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    No kidding. I was really impressed with this episode. That whole Hurley/Jacob seen was definitely one of those 'holy crap' moments. So whats your opinion on Charlie's 'resurrection'?

I wasn't impressed. I think for the most part they wasted a lot of time in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I wasn't impressed. I think for the most part they wasted a lot of time in this episode.
    Agreed. Disappointing episode.

Hope next week backfills some info.

I liked it. Good start to season four, I'd say. Let the games begin.

So now dead charcters/the-smoke-monster-imitating-dead-characters can visit people off the island? Hmm. At least in Hurley's case that makes two off-island visits: Charlie and Dave, and both proved they were physically real--Charlie by lambchopping Hurley's cheek and Dave by losing a slipper which Hurley picked up.

Why did Naomi lie to the guy on the radio?

What was up with the creepy Oceanic dude? An island scout posing as an Oceanic rep?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmear View Post
    Why did Naomi lie to the guy on the radio?
    Good question, she fails to mention the whole "throwing dagger to the back" thing. Speaking of Naomi, I thought the island had healing properties, how did she die?

Hurley has been bat-shit crazy since the get-go so I don't know what to think yet. The other guy in the asylum saw Charlie, too.

Maybe I feel misled that the TV ads for the premiere contained footage that wasn't in the episode. Kind of a tease.

The future Hurley imagined Charlie. He needed closure and dreamed it up. The guy is nuts. What about the other guy that saw Charlie? He's nuts too. The whole show will turn out to be Hurley's hallucinations. We know he was in the nut house before he took the fated flight.

Oh, I'm wrong? Yeah, that's right.... Charlie rose from the dead ocean to deliver a time travel face slap. .......Please.... I love a good scifi mystery as much as the next guy, but I doubt the show is going to deliver the goods in the end. It is just a big tease. All the internet side show shit is a distraction that adds nothing but hype. However, I won't miss an episode. I'm inexplicably hooked.

We do now know that, presumably, six people got off the island (Hurley's reference to the "Oceanic Six"). We now know who three of them are: Kate, Jack and Hurley. Who could the other three be? Could Michael and Walt be two of the others? What happened to them?

Something I found confusing last night. Why did the beach group (Bernard, Sawyer, etc.) meet up with the rest of them in the middle of the jungle rather than on the beach? Was this agreed upon as the rendezvous point sometime that I missed? Even so, couldn't they have picked a better place for the supposed "rescuers" to find them? It seems like either the beach or the radio tower would make a lot more sense than the middle of the jungle. Maybe they just did this to provide a plot mechanism where Hurley could get lost and find Jacob's cabin.

About Naomi. If I were her I'd probably lie, too. The island isn't exactly peaceful and she's witnessed that firsthand. If I were her I wouldn't exactly tell my potential rescuer "oh, by the way, you'll be entering a virtual war zone here. In fact someone just tried to kill me."
    Last edited by The AD; 02-01-2008 at 11:43 AM.

I know Michael will appear at some point in season 4. I agree, Hurley is crazy, he could hallucinate Charlie slapping him just as easily as he could having a conversation with him. I am curious about the 6, I have a feeling that they writers will just drop that fact and we wont hear about it again until Season 6.

There was a lot of wasted time in this episode, there were only a couple things that were truly memorable and significant.

As far as Naomi, she did manage to survive for a while with a knife in her back. People still die on the island, the fact that she didn't drop dead on the stop and managed to make a fake trail (in a record 10 minutes, not sure how that worked) shows that the island can help to heal.

The rest of the 6 could be the people the Others kidnapped and were going on the submarine, Hurley, Kate, Jack, Sawyer, Michael, Walt.
    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by gg8983 View Post
    I am curious about the 6, I have a feeling that they writers will just drop that fact and we wont hear about it again until Season 6.
    My guess is they will reveal the other three over the next few weeks. The flash-forwards seem to be a part of the show now, and I think they will concentrate on flash-forwards for a different one of the "Six" each week kind of like they did before with the flashbacks. I don't think they will flash forward to those still on the island because they want to keep their goings on a secret.

Another thing that just struck me. Why isn't Kate in jail in the flash forwards?

Another thing that just struck me. Why isn't Kate in jail in the flash forwards?
    That is a great question. I wonder why she is so pumped to get off the island if she knows she will end up behind bars/
    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.

That is a great question. I wonder why she is so pumped to get off the island if she knows she will end up behind bars/
    And Jack's father is presumably still alive in the flash forward (Jack's rant to the doctor at the end of last season)....
    Martha's just polishing the brass on the Titanic....

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    I think we'll see an interesting dynamic develop between the Others and the "rescuers," whom it seems aren't going to be rescuers at all. Probably there's an old battle between those groups for supremacy over the island's secrets. I'm sure Ben still has a few tricks up his sleeve and Locke's new mission will be interesting. And hopefully we get to find out who/what Jacob is. Hopefully he's not this guy.

Agreed. I don't like islands. Although, Kate is hot.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    And Jack's father is presumably still alive in the flash forward (Jack's rant to the doctor at the end of last season)....
    I kinda thought Jack was just yelling about his father in an attempt to get more pain killers. When the doctor actually goes to call Jack's father he tells the doc not to bother.

Interesting idea, there has always been an understanding that the island was a cure/do-over for all of the castaways pasts (Locke and Rose healing, Kate free, Hurley escaping money, Sun's affair, etc). Hurley says he can't wait to go home because he will be 'free' of his past after being on the island. The benefits that the castaways received must go with them back in the real world.

This idea would disprove Locke and Ben's notion that everyone who leaves will die. Hurley also alludes to this when he expresses regret for going with Locke, although he wants to go back to the island, so I don't know where I am going with this.

Just read this:

As you wrack your brain over who the only other three "survivors" will be, keep in mind this previously excised portion of my Q&A with Naveen Andrews. "There's something quite intriguing [about the Oceanic Six] in that maybe there are only officially six," Sayid's portrayer shared. "Maybe there are more who they couldn't reveal to the outside world but are either still on the island or somewhere else, and why."

This explains why Kate isn't in jail, she is somehow on the run still.

I kinda thought Jack was just yelling about his father in an attempt to get more pain killers. When the doctor actually goes to call Jack's father he tells the doc not to bother.

Interesting idea, there has always been an understanding that the island was a cure/do-over for all of the castaways pasts (Locke and Rose healing, Kate free, Hurley escaping money, Sun's affair, etc). Hurley says he can't wait to go home because he will be 'free' of his past after being on the island. The benefits that the castaways received must go with them back in the real world.

This idea would disprove Locke and Ben's notion that everyone who leaves will die. Hurley also alludes to this when he expresses regret for going with Locke, although he wants to go back to the island, so I don't know where I am going with this.
    I was talking about when he was talking to the other doctor in the hallway. Jack said "Go up and talk to my father. We'll see who's more drunk", or something to that effect....

Something I found confusing last night. Why did the beach group (Bernard, Sawyer, etc.) meet up with the rest of them in the middle of the jungle rather than on the beach? Was this agreed upon as the rendezvous point sometime that I missed? Even so, couldn't they have picked a better place for the supposed "rescuers" to find them? It seems like either the beach or the radio tower would make a lot more sense than the middle of the jungle. Maybe they just did this to provide a plot mechanism where Hurley could get lost and find Jacob's cabin.
    My guess is it was just a convenient plot device to get them all together near the fuselage, which is symbolic of what they all have in common (the crash) before the group divides. It did seem rather unlikely that they all ended up there at the same time.

So did Hurley really stumble upon Jacob's cabin in the jungle, or was it an illusion? When he falls down in the grass and then sees Locke, it seems as though the cabin is gone. I didn't think Hurley went that far before fainting or whatever. Why wouldn't Hurley say to Locke, "Whoa, did you see that freaky place over there?" Or was Hurley afraid he was just seeing things again?

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    I was talking about when he was talking to the other doctor in the hallway. Jack said "Go up and talk to my father. We'll see who's more drunk", or something to that effect....

I took that as Jack being delusional, or in his depressed, whacked-out state still thinking his father worked there even though he was dead.

I took that as Jack being delusional, or in his depressed, whacked-out state still thinking his father worked there even though he was dead.
    Maybe, maybe not....

So did Hurley really stumble upon Jacob's cabin in the jungle, or was it an illusion? When he falls down in the grass and then sees Locke, it seems as though the cabin is gone. I didn't think Hurley went that far before fainting or whatever. Why wouldn't Hurley say to Locke, "Whoa, did you see that freaky place over there?" Or was Hurley afraid he was just seeing things again?
    I was going to turn off Lost last night because I couldn't stand the "Lost fans, stick around for the next great hit, Eli Stone!" commercials. Oy.

And Kate is like a glass of sweet tea on a hot summer's day.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

i got waaaaaaay too stoned to pay attention last night. at least for the first half hour.

the beginning was lame and sucked, i almost changed the channel

anyone put two and two together and realize eli stone is sick boy from trainspotting? he's doing a better american accent than he did in hackers

and yeah, using footage from future episodes in the teaser was lame.

i have a feeling that michael and walt are being held in that weird oregon place. they'll never get out of there.

when the oceanic 6 do go public, how will they explain everything? surprised they aren't all locked up in the looney bin
    fine

As you wrack your brain over who the only other three "survivors" will be, keep in mind this previously excised portion of my Q&A with Naveen Andrews. "There's something quite intriguing [about the Oceanic Six] in that maybe there are only officially six," Sayid's portrayer shared. "Maybe there are more who they couldn't reveal to the outside world but are either still on the island or somewhere else, and why."
    You know, this and last night's episode make me wonder more about who the person was last year who died and only Jack went to the funeral. It was most likely NOT one of the "Oceanic Six" otherwise that would have been mentioned in the newspaper clipping Jack read on the plane. Instead the headline was something innocuous like "Man found dead in apartment." After last night we know the Oceanic Six were celebrities to some extent and if one of them died a newspaper story would certainly mention this fact.

I was also freaked out by the 'lawyer' dude that visited Hurley in the Looney Bin.

Quote Originally Posted by homerjay View Post
    I was also freaked out by the 'lawyer' dude that visited Hurley in the Looney Bin.
    Sweet cameo by Deputy Ops Daniels from the Wire. What was his deal, I dont remember what his purpose was. Was he asking Hurley to keep his mouth shut about the 'secret'?

Sweet cameo by Deputy Ops Daniels from the Wire. What was his deal, I dont remember what his purpose was. Was he asking Hurley to keep his mouth shut about the 'secret'?
    He asked Hurley something about the people he presumably left behind on the island, I think. Either way I was disturbed.