Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
    so how does ben end up in tunisia? time traveling's one thing, but teleporting is another.

i think
    fine

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Nor do I know it to be very cold in Tunisia either...

Guys -

It's simple physics. Everyone knows that when you pack a time traveling machine full of household metal objects (the more the better), you get sent to Tunisia on your next travel.

C'mon.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOOD SWEAT STEEL View Post
    Nor do I know it to be very cold in Tunisia either...
    he had the jacket on because the room with the island cog was freezing
    fine

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy109 View Post
    Precisely
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
    Women that straightline are hot.

I want to know how they trained a polar bear to turn the giant island disappearing wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by igBand View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. One question I have about this though is why does Claire not want them to return?

Also, any thoughts about Jack's dad being some sort of angel or something? It's pretty clear that he is dead and so is Claire.

There has to be some sort of connection between their visits and something to do with life versus death. Those strange whispers always seem to be heard right prior to some sort of encounter with life/death (e.g. in last night's episode, the mercenaries all heard the whispers just prior to all being killed....Kate heard the whispers when she "woke up" in the dream and found Claire hovering over Aaron). Strange shit.
    Well, it wasn't necessarily claire or jacks dad, that could have just been the human shape some paranormal force took. In fact, the fact that jack's dad seems to just appear and disappear in places suggests it isn't really jack's dad.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

My theory is that Witmore was the Ben before Ben.

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Maybe, but it just seemed like the writers were setting it up for something a little more significant. I mean - he was in there for like 30 seconds. That's like putting your jacket on to run out and get the paper, and writing a whole scene with a lead in about it.

My biggest gripe about the writing is that the characters don't act very real in the face of strange and traumatic events. The island disappearing, the smoke monster, the odd visions and coincidences. Seeing Sun's strong reaction to Jin's death was cathartic because finally someone got to scream.

Who knows how long it might have taken Ben to turn the wheel. Wearing a jacket was a good idea. I wonder if it had Recco.

Tunisia--isn't it more or less on the opposite side of the earth from the island? That could be an interesting way to pinpoint the island's location in the future if others teleport.

Miles and Charlotte stayed behind, so it looks like next season we'll get some answers about those two and their personal connections to the island. Did Daniel get hosed on the freighter? I lost track of where he was at.

I was hoping Penny and Desmond wouldn't reunite until the very final episode. I wonder if they're done as characters now, or if they'll still play a part? They had a strong storyline going.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmear View Post
    Miles and Charlotte stayed behind, so it looks like next season we'll get some answers about those two and their personal connections to the island. Did Daniel get hosed on the freighter? I lost track of where he was at.

I was hoping Penny and Desmond wouldn't reunite until the very final episode. I wonder if they're done as characters now, or if they'll still play a part? They had a strong storyline going.
    I think Daniel was in the Zodiac heading back to the island when it moved, so not sure if he moved with the island or if he was left drifting like the Oceanic Six.

I think Desmond and Penny will definitely play a part. Remember that Ben vowed to Widmore that he'd kill Penny to avenge the death of Alex.

entertainment weekly's recap is pretty good. and then there's like 61 pages of comments

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20203291_6,00.html

i like the idea that they had polar bears protecting the wheel (since it's so cold) and that one of them moved the island (aka the "incident" referred to in the instructional movies) and ended up in tunisia
    fine

entertainment weekly's recap is pretty good. and then there's like 61 pages of comments

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20203291_6,00.html

i like the idea that they had polar bears protecting the wheel (since it's so cold) and that one of them moved the island (aka the "incident" referred to in the instructional movies) and ended up in tunisia
    Interesting idea considering the second island had the bear cages on it with a logic puzzle inside.

I like the idea that Widmore was the Ben before Ben, although the episodes and backstory don't necessarly support this.

A good question from the EW article:
    In the season premiere, Hurley told Jack he wished he had stayed with him instead of going with Locke. Now that you've seen all of season 4, if someone asked why Hurley felt that way, how would you respond?
    Last edited by gg8983; 06-03-2008 at 12:25 PM.
    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.

yeah, i was a bit confused by that. either the writers flubbed it, or he wasn't referring to the split camps on the island.
    fine

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    My theory is that Witmore was the Ben before Ben.
    How does he pick up the accent?

Re: Accent

Nothing says he'd have to have been raised/born on the island to be the ben before ben. Obviously Locke took over for him, and that guy Richard tried to recruit a young locke, maybe Widmore was the Ben during that time period, since he's older than Ben and Locke.

Interesting insights on the island...I especially like the polar bear training theory. Wasn't there a news report early in the series about polar bears turning up in the middle east?

I really think what the writers have done with the Ben character is incredible. One minute I hate him, the next I like and respect him, then back to hating him again. The actor that plays him is excellent.

I think Desmond is going to be central to the story later on, as Ben tries to kill Penny to even the score with Whidmore. The way the writers have switched to the flash-forward format and transitioned to the post-rescue plot is quite ingenius IMO, they really pulled it out. Continuing development of the island as a character is what keeps people watching the show I think.

Is Jin really dead? We didn't see him actually die as is necessary for the viewing public to accept his death. I think he survived, or has somehow been integrated into the island's strange ethereal consciousness.