Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    The last two episodes flat out sucked.

They're stalling again.

Agreed, but this week was worse than last I think. So I'm assuming Sawyer is the one that will be killed off the show? They're making it look that way.
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

- Owl Chapman

This week was definitely worse than last week. Last week we got to find out how Sayid was recruited by Ben and why Ben recruits him to kill, Faraday spilled the beans that they will not be taking the survivors off the island, more weird time displacement crap with the Doc washing up on the beach but the boat saying he's fine, and confirmation that Widmore planted the fake Oceanic 815 crash. That's all I can think of right now, but I felt like there was some good plot development last week. All we got this week was the seeds of Jack's drug addiction, primitive surgery and some cryptic Hurley psychobabble.

The previews for next week looked interesting.

and we got that sawyer CHOOSES to stay on the island, which is a huge foreshadow. i don't know but i enjoyed this week more than the past few. i'm so tired of the time travel bullshit and the spy story with sayid and ben. i hate how the writers changed the whole genre to sci-fi/spy thriller this year. i saw avoid the supernatural as much as possible and stick to the stuff that made the show good.

This week did give us some fantastic shots of Kate. Those legs and ass make me want to start flying to Australia and back just on the off chance....
    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.

I see dead people, or at least John Locke does.

The writers have clearly shown what the next couple years will be about. We know that future Ben & Whitmore don't know where the island is. It seems Locke is going to be driving it around the space-time continuum like the good Doctor does with his TARDIS. Everyone that escaped the island is going to be looking for it next season.

did something happen to jin's nose, or does everyone in her family have to have some weird facial trait?
    fine

Last night's show had two scenes that bugged the hell out of me. The first was the press conference for the "Oceanic Six." It just seemed so laughably unbelievable. The second was when Sun bought a controlling interest in her dad's corporation. That must have been one heck of a chunk of change they got from Oceanic!

Sun probably got a triple settlement, for her, her dead husband, her unborn child. or maybe Hurley gave her a chunk of what was left over from his lottery win.

and, yeah, what was the deal with her nose. Didn't look that weird when she was outside. really kind of distracting.

I totally laughed when Sun said she bought controlling interest in her Dad's company. As she said, the money was from a settlement with Oceanic Air, not some outrageous amount of money awarded by a jury, so it couldn't have been that much, and not enough to take over a large Korean industrial company, even if she got paid out 3X for say a total of $30 milion.

3rd scene that bugged me was when they showed up at the boat in the small zodiac boat. Isn't the freighter supposed to be way out in the ocean? Far enough that it's more efficient to fly to the island via the heli vs. taking a zodiac? So why didn't the dude refuel for the next round trip? He must have a big external tank on that little boat. And why didn't anyone on the freighter say "who the fuck are these people? What's going on?"

Also, did anyone notice this episode and the next two hours are called There's No Place Like Home part 1, 2 & 3? Just like Dorthy in the Wizard of Oz. I wonder if they'll try and wrap everything back around to start next season and claim this part of the story line was all part of one of the character's dreams.

Obviously this one was a set-up for the 2-hour season finale, but they dropped the ball a few times. I guess at this point we just have to sit back and go along for the ride, it is entertaining.

Just a reminder bump that the 2-hour season finally is on tonight.
    Fire up the popcorn maker, grab a beer, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by sftc View Post
    Just a reminder bump that the 2-hour season finally is on tonight.
    Fire up the popcorn maker, grab a beer, sit back and enjoy the ride.
    lost peaked with the season three finale, now its just way too silly. fuck lost, its done.

Quote Originally Posted by grapedrink View Post
    lost peaked with the season three finale, now its just way too silly. fuck lost, its done.
    Are you saying they jumped the shark?
    This is the worst pain EVER!

It has been getting a little cheesy, that's for sure. Ben moved the island by turning a big wheel? OK! The scene where Kate backs up the car and bitches Jack out about wanting to return to the island was remarkably bad, too. The acting seemed like something out of a soap opera what with Kate slapping Jack's face and then saying "how dare you utter Aaron's name." What was that all about?

My favorite part last night was when Jack said that Locke didn't move the island and Hurley replied "Well, dude, the island was there one second and gone the next. What do you think happened?" or something along those lines.

I was pretty pissed that it was Locke in the coffin. He's my favorite character. I don't understand why the Oceanic Six hate Locke so much. The only thing he's done so far to piss anyone off was throw the knife into that girl's back, and I'd say subsequent events have pretty much proved he was right about being wary about the alleged rescuers on the freighter.

Speaking of the freighter, do we really know the purpose of Daniel, Miles and Charlotte? Why were they sent to the island if Widmore also had the mercenary team to get Ben?

It was a good twist to have Jack (or Locke) be the one responsible for deciding to lie about the island. I would have never guessed that.
    Last edited by The AD; 05-30-2008 at 07:58 AM.

Someone refresh my memory: I know Desmond was on the Island before (sailed there accidently during his round the world race, then pushed the button for awhile after the other dude died). But did he leave the island and come back at some point, or was that some kind of flashback? I recall him being back in the UK and knowing what was going to happen before it did, but can't recall the circumstances of his being off the island, or how he returned?

I suspect the Desmond/Penny combo will have a big role in the next season.

As for Miles, I think his father was the scientist in the Dharma Initiative videos. I suspect that Daniel and Charlotte also have some past connection to the island (she was there before, it seems).

- Owl Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by peterslovo View Post
    Someone refresh my memory: I know Desmond was on the Island before (sailed there accidently during his round the world race, then pushed the button for awhile after the other dude died). But did he leave the island and come back at some point, or was that some kind of flashback? I recall him being back in the UK and knowing what was going to happen before it did, but can't recall the circumstances of his being off the island, or how he returned?
    He and Sayid were the first two to leave the island in the helicopter. Desmond flipped out during the flight back to the freighter and initially couldn't even remember anyone else around him. He kept switching between when he was in the army to the present. He finally came to when he found his "constant," Penny. Remember that? He had to seek out Daniel in his flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    He and Sayid were the first two to leave the island in the helicopter. Desmond flipped out during the flight back to the freighter and initially couldn't even remember anyone else around him. He kept switching between when he was in the army to the present. He finally came to when he found his "constant," Penny. Remember that? He had to seek out Daniel in his flashback.
    No I remember that; I think what I'm referring to was the season before, or maybe even before that. Desmond was back in the UK, at a bar, watching a soccer match and knew the outcome before it occurred because he was there before. Then he saw Charlie playing his guitar on the street (I think), and some weird old woman talked to him about something...just don't remember. I'm starting to think this was a flashback of some sort, and I'm just confusing it. I think it tied back to when he was on the island and had premonitions of Charlie's death...

- Owl Chapman

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    TOTALLY did not see the Desmond/Penny reunion happening.

Quote Originally Posted by peterslovo View Post
    No I remember that; I think what I'm referring to was the season before, or maybe even before that. Desmond was back in the UK, at a bar, watching a soccer match and knew the outcome before it occurred because he was there before. Then he saw Charlie playing his guitar on the street (I think), and some weird old woman talked to him about something...just don't remember. I'm starting to think this was a flashback of some sort, and I'm just confusing it. I think it tied back to when he was on the island and had premonitions of Charlie's death...
    this is after he pushed the button and it totally fucked up his head. he was sitting on the beach the whole time. it was a pretty crazy episode.

after this, he kept having visions of things happening, mainly charlie dying, but also claire getting on a helicopter. so, some were right, some were (potentially) wrong.

i loved hurley's line as well, too funny to have him shut jack up.

poor special effects

strange that they threw everything off the chopper, but the boat and lifejackets were still there

while the writing and acting was shitty, the penny/desmond part was a nice touch. i would think tho, in a situation like that, that they would be a little more excited/shocked/potentially fainty at the sight of each other

do you think aaron's gonna go nuts or something. claire was scary. strange seeing jack's dad in the boat as the c4 went off.
    fine

I feel sorry for all the other poor suckers who blew up on the boat. Gee, wouldn't it have been a good idea to evacuate the boat except for those working to defuse the bomb right when they discovered the bomb? And who decided who got to leave in the chopper? "Sorry, you aren't a mjor character. You'll have to stay on board the ship and get blown up. "

You know, we still don't really know what Ben is up to.

also, we now know that snaggle-nose jin's dad knows widmore.

i'm worried that the show is going to straight out flop next season. things had gotten bad, but once things turn from a "get off the island" thing to a "bad guys, good guys, conspiracy xfiles thing" the writers abilities might flounder.
    fine

Quote Originally Posted by grapedrink View Post
    From the start its been nuts...polar bears in the jungle, smoke monsters thrashing people, the hatch exploding; I love it.

So what about the fact that Locke now has the pseudonym Jeremy Bentham. So his name has changed from the champion of natural rights to the philosopher who invented the panopticon. Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by sftc View Post
    Also, did anyone notice this episode and the next two hours are called There's No Place Like Home part 1, 2 & 3? Just like Dorthy in the Wizard of Oz. I wonder if they'll try and wrap everything back around to start next season and claim this part of the story line was all part of one of the character's dreams.
    I think its far more likely that they'll end up time travelling back to make these events never happen, or bring Locke back to the island which will revive him or something like that.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Remember how Michael couldn't kill himself when he was back in NY, Jack's gun wouldn't fire at Locke and Ben said he couldn't kill Widmore? I betcha this has something to do with the time travel and the fact that them dying would alter the timeline, i.e. they wouldn't be able to do something in the future which they must do for the timeline to work, and this is why "the island won't let them die."

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think its far more likely that they'll end up time travelling back to make these events never happen, or bring Locke back to the island which will revive him or something like that.
    Exactly what I was thinking. One question I have about this though is why does Claire not want them to return?

Also, any thoughts about Jack's dad being some sort of angel or something? It's pretty clear that he is dead and so is Claire.

There has to be some sort of connection between their visits and something to do with life versus death. Those strange whispers always seem to be heard right prior to some sort of encounter with life/death (e.g. in last night's episode, the mercenaries all heard the whispers just prior to all being killed....Kate heard the whispers when she "woke up" in the dream and found Claire hovering over Aaron). Strange shit.