Thread: TR: Inspiration

TR: Inspiration

Well with the masses stuck inbounds I decided to beat the crowds and go against the grain.

You see as we some times think it's only about the skiing we are often wrong. I too must admit I have fallen into this trap, but sunday I saw the light.

I must admit it was pretty glorious despite the mediocore skiing.

The Light:

Well you see in a beautiful state like colorado with the abundance of light we get it's great to just get out and take a look around. Not to mention the only person I ever had to talk to was my friend.

Some pics of my mistress:

We found this room with a view and stayed for a toke:

We proceded upward but when we stepped off the beaten path the snow got deep and layered, I sank to my mid thigh with snowshoes on.

I must admit I had admiration of hitting some steeper more entertaining terrain but I had to take a step back and assess the sittuation. We headed towards the ridge pictured from the room but after climbing (breaking trail) a short rather mellow hill to the bench below the ridge I was mellowing out rather quickly.

I did ski one steep pitch on the far lookers right side of the ridge (just left of the rocky ridge line), it was very short with a decent run out and there was some debree from an old slide so I decided to give it a test run. All went well, and the snow felt good but instead of pushing further up the ridge and working into a chute we decided to just take a mellow approach and try to hit this nice wind lip we saw on the approach. The main reasons for this decision were as follows: We were tired from trucking up the approach and breaking trail in pow at the end, the light had gone to shit, it was getting later in the day, and we were both content with the great views we had been fortunate enough to enjoy. Besides it was somewhat sketch and it's best to follow the intuition.

Only 1 shot of trying to str8line parallel with the roll of the windlip in flat light(I could not even tell if I was on it or not).

Nothing special as far as the ride goes but the senery and serenity made it all worth the time and effort.
    Enjoy!

Oh ya and a pic from the ride home:

I hope things stabilize this spring so I can hit that.

Quote Originally Posted by forum8fox View Post
    The Light:

Gives me shivers!!!!

Sometimes the best trips are just about being out there!!! The descent is just the icing on the cake.
    Skiing, whether you're in Wisconsin or the Alps, is a dumbass hick country sport that takes place in the middle of winter on a mountain at the end of a dirt road.
    -Glen Plake

Yep. Sometimes you have to sit back and admire the beauty around you.

On sunday we sat in the aspens for a while and just took in this view (wish we would've got some pics of the opposite side of the valley).

GL this Spring getting out there. That area looks like a lot of fun!

The Force is what gives a Jedi his power.
    It's an energy
    field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us.
    It binds the galaxy together.

Somedays its OK just to smell the flowers and skip the gnar. You called it on that day.