TR: CO Resort Hidden Pow (pics + small vid)

TR: 2 Days at Colorado Resorts

Okay nothing epic here but it was a sweet ass weekend. Just resort skiing, but I assure you, there isn't one pic of a boring turn on chopped up powder.

So, my routine for weekends (yes, I am a weekend warrior) tend to be like this. Get off work Friday and get packed for the Friday night drive up to the mountains. The 'mountains' being either Leadville or Avon. Parents live in da'ville and bro lives in Avon. Rip all weekend and then drive home late Sunday night.

So the skiing starts at Copper Mountain. I know most shy away from Copper for a multitude of reasons, but growing up in Leadville has given me plenty of time to find the stashes and airs at Copper. Not many pics had this day though.

Here are two of me and a non-mag Will hucking Larry's Rock.
    Will

Me

Thats all for Copper. Next day, up not too early but it was bright out at BC. Didn't expect new snow, didn't get any but there was powder stashes and pillows if you knew where to look.

ie - My bro gettin' some

After a lunch of a beer (only $3.25!! I almost shit my pants and thought I was at Cooper!) and the free granola bars we horded at the beginning of the day we decided it was time to find some rocks to huck.

First one. Gnarly take-off but sweet landing.
    Me

the bro

After that we cruised down to a sweet pillowy spot.

"Look at dem pillows!"

Me, top view

Bro bottom view

If you're wondering why there isn't a bottom view of me it because my steeze wasn't exactly going when the pic was taken.

Then, lurker Andrew decided to step his game up and try one out. Afterwards, to say he was stoked is an understatement.
    Andrew Contemplating

Andrew hucking, please notice the "Oh" face.

Lastly, cruising through the Aspens I spotted a downed and snow covered tree and promptly called dibs! My bro set up below for the quick vid. The video doesn't do the line justice as it was one of my favorite lines EVER!
    Also, a pic from the top is provided.

Not sure if this imbed will work...
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u8Ha2nnYonc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u8Ha2nnYonc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

So here's the link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Ha2nnYonc

Great weekend. Great pow. Great time.

Your welcome
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Are those pics from BC in Stone Creek Chutes? That's a sweet little area to play around in- its just too bad the vert is so small.

looks like a fun couple days

Oh yeah!

Nice pics...
    Last edited by kchri; 01-14-2008 at 06:24 PM.

Copper doesnt suck. that is all.

Sunday was definitely a blast. I'm glad I sacked up and notched my biggest huck to date.

- Lurker Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Are those pics from BC in Stone Creek Chutes? That's a sweet little area to play around in- its just too bad the vert is so small.
    ditto this question. the pillows look fun.

Yeah its lower Stone Creek, its like a playground over there

Quote Originally Posted by HikeforTurns View Post
    Copper doesnt suck. that is all.
    Yea. I completely agree. I only said 'a multitude of reasons' because a lot of people here list 'a multitude if reasons' for not going to Copper whereas I disagree with their reasons and attributed it to ignorance on their part.

So yea. Copper is the Heat.

And also, yes Stone Creek is the heat.

Sick Ass Weeken

I agree....stonecreek needs some more vert but it doesn't get much better than doing power runs and finding something new every time! Next dump it's time to step it up and hit the big boys!

How can you not love copper? Once you're over the front face usually the lines are small and the stashes can be found days after a dump. Old school home playground!

does look fun. lone star always told me copper was sick.
    Wagner Custom Skis
    Powder snow skiing is not fun. It’s life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality. What we experience in powder is the original human self, which lies deeply inside each of us, still undamaged in spite of what our present culture tries to do to us. Once experienced, this kind of living is recognized as the only way to live–fully aware of the earth and the sky and the gods and you, the mortal, playing among them. Dolores LaChapelle

niiiiize

Will be there next week

Stoked