Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    saw a guy a Jackson with them 4 days ago and the skis looked massive but managable

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    The Fischer guys told me only 58 pair or so were brought into the states this year.
    Funny to think that in Alberta, basically the "least" core ski shop had two pairs.

I saw a pair in Banff a few weeks ago, I think it was at Abmoninable or perhaps Monod. Had some hilarious price like $1200 or $1400 without bindings. Oh well, if someone is dumb enough to pay...

Quote Originally Posted by MnO View Post
    I´ve tried the 207. I wrote a rather long review post from two weekends of testing here: http://www.freeride.se/forum/thread.php?t=43668
    Lot of skis, and not that much about 207 however. And in swedish... maybe there´s some translator that can handle it. Otherwise here´s a short version in english.

I am 180cm/75kg. I´m 29 years old and have a couple of full winter seasons in the european alps behind me, but at the moment I work in the south (and flat) part of Sweden. I ski tecnically rather good, but don´t charge that hard anymore.

The test was in pist only. No offpist terrain available at the time. There where still many different snow types to find. Rock hard to very soft sugar snow and everything in between. The 207 sure feels bigger than most, but has no strange behavior at all. It just feels like a up scaled normal 95-105mm allround fatski. Bigger and heavier in every aspect. I would say the feel is definately bigger than anything around 190cm that I have ever tried. I tried the 194 XXL the same day and that feel like a much, much smaller ski. The 207 can easily handle short turns and it isn´t that heavy to throw around, but every move is somehow made in slow motion. Going fast inbounds is not easy. The hard snow grip (not ice, hard snow) is really bad. Actually the worst grip of all skis I tried that weekend, and the snow wasn´t that very hard. Sure it´s a pow ski, but still... I wouldn´t want to stand on top of a steep colouir with a icy instep with this skis on my feet.

Overall I felt the ski was rather dead in feel. A bit like a K2 AK Made´n in the snow feel, but a lot stiffer. The shape kind of looks cool with the boat tip and tail fin, but I still think that Fischer could have come up with something a bit more radical. The shape is just big. Nothing new otherwise. I sure would like to test this ski in a supersoft version with a straight sidecut and flat underfoot to tip rocker.
    Thanks for the review.

Here's the translator's version of your Swedish review (my favourite sentence in red):

There, there, now, Fischer people! Credenhill and Credenhill to this ski drilled out for the season's tests. Enormous at first glance, yet harmoniously designed. Everything is big in all directions and will in no way proportionate. Looking only at 207: up so it does not look so great grisigt out ... until someone is next to another ... Despite båtspets, fin and abnormal length sees 207: up pretty traditional distributed. It has no tip Rocker and no strange intersection. It is simply an ordinary allroundfeting Upscale which is a couple of snap.

It is with some degree of horror mixed delight Monday sets off the first ride with these guys. What will happen now? The answer is a bit sad: Nothing extraordinary, and the ski is in the highest degree Akbar also in the slopes in Åre (heartening news for all the posturing that has meant slipping into dippan with this on the shoulder). 207 is actually surprising lättåkt and manageable even in the messy piste, but with a slowmotion sense of everything but the speed in the direction of travel. The entire design feels a little traditional K2, that is the main ingredient in the mix of properties is a soft hockey puck fragrant STOLIDITY and there is a heavy rocking slowly over the entire revelation. What prevents this weekend is not the size, but isgreppet. There is no asked to look forward, even at parties where there is ice but on the solid konstsnö. The lack of asking makes it impossible to drop off 207: lights properly in test PIST. It had been too much risk involved in such maneuvers.

It requires no active imagination to figure out that these skis will be good for cruising in the powder. It is rather strange, I think that Fischer has not been bolder still a little bit more. Lite Rocker, a softer flex and a more spectacular intersection had made 207: an even more special.
    "Active management in bear markets tends to outperform. Unfortunately, investors are not as elated with relative returns when they are negative. But it does support the argument that active management adds value." -- independent fund analyst Peter Loach

this looks cool and all, but c'mon fischer... there's just so much pretense. only 207 pairs, a numbered plate... is that really necessary?

i remember the edge in jackson having a pair or two a while ago. they are really big.....

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    I saw a pair in Banff a few weeks ago, I think it was at Abmoninable or perhaps Monod. Had some hilarious price like $1200 or $1400 without bindings. Oh well, if someone is dumb enough to pay...
    Haha, there is still a pair in Abominable so I guess there haven't been that many who are dumb enough.

Just an update they are still for sale in abominable in banff. Still a useless looking ski in a shop with no clue

Quote Originally Posted by phallic-menace View Post
    Just an update they are still for sale in abominable in banff. Still a useless looking ski in a shop with no clue
    Haha still there? As from my post above, I saw em in April 2008 so almost 8 years ago. Maybe they need to lower the price to $50, no sane person is gonna want to ski those in 2015.