Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    "as I'd bought the pack on the net from an overseas retailer..."

Rather than posting a thread titled "crap service", you could have just posted one asking for useful suggestions. then you would have found out that you could fix your mistake in five minutes with two pieces of webbing and widely available parts, or use the strap from any other pack.
    Instead, you tried to use this board to blackmail a company into giving you what you want.
    Last edited by H-wood; 01-13-2008 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    Bought a Black Diamond Frenzy backpack & in Aug 06 & have only used it for 3 weeks, but have been very pleased with it. Came to use the pack over Christmas & somehow the right hand side of the chest/sternum strap is missing - don't know how but I had to pinch a spare bit of harness from the Deb's pack to get through the week.
    who the fuck doesn't check their gear before a trip? and what do you mean "missing" missing like sitting next to the pack but not stitched on or missing as in cut off with a knife or missing like the dog chewed that fucker off???

I'm away again on the 19th Jan so I emailed both BD's European & US address on the 2nd, 7th & 9th Jan requesting an urgent replacement as a chargeable item as the pack is out of warranty.
    I live in AUSTRALIA fucking miles from stores that sell the stuff I want/need. I order from store online (bless you all at Bluetomato.at & backcountry.com you treat me well and I love you for it) and if anything brakes I think well do I really need the brand item to fix it? fuck no, I go and rig something up that works and I'm happy. fuck load cheaper then paying 12 bucks postage for something that cost 4 bucks.

Although all my emails have been opened I've not received a reply
    I woudn't responed to your mumbles either

I have a pet hate of companies who post contact details on their website but then never reply so from now on will be taking every opportunity to 'promote' Black Diamond's crap service.
    why? because you can't get it together to order a strap earlier on? I give my BD gear hell and it still lives, FYI straps don't just go missing......... you gotta take them off first.
    "So what's a homeless instructor do? Teach people how to build houses outta cardboard boxes and build good trash fires?" - Phuckhuck

I hope someone at BD is reading this. I'm never buying BD again. Horrible company. all due to this thread.

Are you kidding me? You lost a $0.25 cent buckle and $0.04 worth of webbing and you won't make an overseas call yet your are willing to pay for the item and shipping from the US. Nice math.

BD is a solid company that makes solid gear and backs it up. I would be slightly annoyed by 3 emails and a fax over something so simple. I would then be absolutely thrilled to hook you up after bitching about it over the internet.

The strap might have even been in the mail before your 2nd, 3rd email and fax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

I won't defend the OP, but I have had some pretty weaksauce treatment from BD as well.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I won't defend the OP, but I have had some pretty weaksauce treatment from BD as well.
    I hear ya bro! Last time I was there to get the toe screw replaced on my Freerides, those fuckers didn't offer me a beer or anything! They just replaced the whole toepiece no questions asked. I was all like "Thanks for the toepiece you beer hording bastards!!". Woulda been nice if they could have thrown in a free pair of Zealots too - I did have to drive a whole 4 miles just for them to replace my toepiece for free!

I had that problem with the sternum strap on a pack I bought. It just dissappeared, didn't know what could have happened to it.

On closer inspection, I noticed that the strap was just a buckle on a strap looped through another tension adjuster.

So, I felt like an idiot. It was my fault I didn't make sure the sternum buckle was properly threaded through the tension adjuster.

I don't know if this situation is similar to yours. Check and see.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<