It will be mine!!!!!!!

Hopefully this summer will be the summer when the game is stepped up and I get a big bike. If so, then this incredible piece of machinery in matte black with a super t will be between my legs. Hmmmmmmmm

smoke crack and worship satan

Damnation that's a good looking bike. Though, it looks very similar to a Big Hit. Who makes it?

Edit:

Nevermind, I quit being lazy and checked the pics properties. How are Sinister's bikes?

Originally posted by CS
    Damnation that's a good looking bike. Though, it looks very similar to a Big Hit. Who makes it?

Edit:

Nevermind, I quit being lazy and checked the pics properties. How are Sinister's bikes?
    Sinister bikes are made by frank the welder, who used to work for yeti in it's heyday before he created the spooky brand. Top notch craftsmanship. Pinkbike just did a review on the R9 (pictured above), and basically said it was incredible.

http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/news...leview&id=2000

Having ridden all the canadian trails mentioned in the review, and knowing how much better I would have ridden them on a dual suspension bike, i think this is the one. plus i might be able to get a deal on it. My fingers have never been crossed farther!

*reduced to drooling*

That's a beaut!

Jesus, do you think the main pivot area could be any beefier?!? That's a TANK!
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

God, I loved Spookys back in the day. I really wish they hadnt gone under, a pitboss was going to be my next hardtail.

Frank the Welder is the man, I'd be honored to have a bike built by him.

That is one sexy lookin' ride - I hope you get one of own WC.

If I were to be so impolite; how many dollars would you have to part with for the beautiful orange crush R9 pictured above?
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

hey wc. what do you think about the banshee scream? i am crossing my fingers for a deal on that....btw that thing looks sweet.

Originally posted by hev
    hey wc. what do you think about the banshee scream? i am crossing my fingers for a deal on that....btw that thing looks sweet.
    The banshee screams are very very burly bikes. Definately more heavy hitting freeride oriented then downhill oriented ie shorter wheelbase and higher bottom bracket. You will not break it. My friend had one for a while, he got rid of it because it was too heavy and bulky for his style of riding. If you ride slower trails with large drops and lots of slower speed burl, you can't go wrong. If your trails are faster and/or smoother ie a line at whistler or any world cup downhill course, you would be better off with something a bit longer and lower. Did i mention you will not break it?

As for that R9 in the picture, it isn't quite the same spec as the complete team bike, but it runs right around $3600 + tax with the avalanche shock that is pictured. You can get it with the romic shock for just over $3300. check out the website at www.sinisterbikes.com for way more info then i could give.
    Last edited by White Chocolate; 04-29-2004 at 11:53 PM.

black is out. New color is the white, with a 888. I love dreaming

thanks wc. That's pretty much been the consenus I have heard so far. I am tall and 200lb's and ride (not race) pretty aggresively so I think it's a good fit...sounds like the deal is a go too. So I am stoked.

man...it even comes with a fire extinguisher mounted between your legs...
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

i watched bill (founded sinister) show up richie schley at lynn woods on a rocky mountain cycles promo ride. it was a solid 15 ft drop to flat (east coast riding, don't ask) and richie said no way because it would break his bike. bill dropped it with ease on that same bike. they build shit that is indestructable. the rocky mountain rep was pretty sour to say the least.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

if you don't have someone to do it with, it's not worth doing

dream DH ride

its all about the Karpiel, baby...

to all my friends, it's not the end
    the earth has not swallowed me yet