Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by karpiel View Post
    I'm at 220 down from 250 a year ago, not been trying real hard.
    Dang, 30 pounds and not even trying?? You must be a youngster.
    I just came back from vacation and weight in at 208 That is a new high for me as I am normally 185. Goal is to be 175lbs by December 15th.
    Eating half portions now and a few slices of turkey when I get hungry. Drinking lots of water and no more booze. Just no booze should be good for 5lbs a month.
    Back on the Bowflex and working my way into running again. I like to run 2 blocks full out, walk a block, then repeat for a few miles on non bowflex days. My dog is not liking this. I think the guy is to old at 7/8?
    Trying to psych myself up for a mile in the pool a few times a week. I need to get the running down first, so I have the endurance to deal with the pool.
    It sucks to be closing in on 50, but I am stoked about having a great ski season, so game on. I will report in every 2 weeks to keep myself motivated. I will put that in my planner now.
    Talk to you soon.
    Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

217.25. I've lost 0.75 of a lb between New Year and now.

GO ME!!!
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    217.25. I've lost 0.75 of a lb between New Year and now.

GO ME!!!
    Epic weight loss!!

One year bump!

Hovering at 195. Can't seem to get below 190 without cutting out fast food entirely, and that's not going to happen.

I'm still doing lots of strength training, spinning and cardio, but I changed/added in:

Changed up my diet (less treats, less carbs, tea and more protein), walk or spin at a HR of 118-125 6 days a week.

Lost 12 lbs in the last 9 weeks. It's the target HR training I do that's working so well, it's what I've needed to be doing for a year now, as we all know that's the fat burning zone
    you sketchy character, you

Been doing lots of spinning too since the road bike isn't feasible right now. Been throwing more strength training in.

at 285, which is the least i've been in over a year.

i have my first 100-mile race in texas next weekend. exciting!

So.

I missed my target, and had a generally crummy year.
    And lost 10# without trying.

Did 12 wks of "Mtn Fitness" class at the local YMCA from Oct through Dec. Was up to 4 mi runs, 2X week.

Blew my ACL and meinscus New Years Eve.
    Surgery coming this Thursday 2/5.

Been hitting the stationary bike pre-op.

Scale said 213.6# this AM!

Biggest contributor, I think, has been portion control.

I'm really stoked to use my post-op rehab as a springboard to success this year.

200# isn't that far away...

Last edited by Ol' Moss-Back; 01-31-2009 at 06:32 PM.
    Enjoy Every Sandwich - Warren Zevon

Bump, to keep this thread above the really old, original Unfat Challenge thread.

Time to resurrect this thread? I'm in...any challengers?

<sound of crickets>

Maybe start a new thread and see who's in? Spring is a good time to get motivated.

Anyways I'm done. Holding steady at 190.

Here is Steve's original spreadsheet with people's goals.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...cGzFRxlN63PUIA

Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Moss-Back View Post

Biggest contributor, I think, has been portion control.

I am not FAT but I had to alter my diet due to diabetes so I thot I would try just eating correctly to start SO I followed the nutrition guide on every food product sold in canada ,I ignored the fat content ,I picked the lower sugar alternatives and I ate 3 times a day following the correct PORTION SIZE

I am down from the low 170's to the low 160's in 3 months (hit 159 one time ) but most important my fasting blood glucose levels are down from over 9 to around 7 which is way better,I am not hungary ,I can maintain this lifestyle ...the loss of weight is just a bonus

I found was eating at least half again as much as I should have, skipping meals ,eating the incorrect foods (not neceassrily bad foods) and the body was in overdrive trying to deal with my bad eating habits

SO because I have a lean body type I know I can overeat and not be fat BUT still be very unhealthy... IMO this this speaks to the rising obesity (in those who are not so lucky ) & the rapidly rising diabetes problem in North America

The only really sad part ... I had to cut back on the booze to 2 drinks a day

I'd recommend starting a new thread for Unfat Challenge III or is it IV now? I forget how many we've done.

I'll pass on this round, but I'm sure there are many others who would be into the challenge.
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

If we start a new one I'm def in. I'm somewhere above 200 (maybe over 210) and need to get down below 181 for AF weight standards. The officer recruiter probably won't even return my calls until I'm close, so I need to get moving. Anyone?

...eseehc fo modgnik eht ni ssertrof reeb A
    I'd be in for a new round also... though looking at the weight start and goals from this 2008 thread I'm down 40 lbs from then and actually a pound below my "goal" at that time!!! :Irock: :Irock: :Irock: Will set 180 lbs as the new "goal".
    pmiP triD remroF

-dna-

!!!timoV cimotA erutuF

-ottom-

"!!!emit a ta anigav eno dlroW eht gnirolpxE"

i blew you guys off last time as i was pretty much running off anything i ate, but my pants are getting tight and my 6:30 mile time is no where to be found.

if you guys start anew, i'll jump in next week as this week i have taxes and one last ski trip, so any kind of regularity isnt going to happen.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

As I said earlier, I'm out for this one. But, I'd like to make a few suggestions if you guys don't mind.

1. Make the challenge for a few months in duration. It's easy to crash diet and drop a ton if a short time period, but it usually gets put back on. A 3-4 month time frame gets the weight off the right way (smart eating and exercise).

2. Have a pool of money. Everyone chips in a few bucks and give a reward out to the leader half way through the challenge.

3. Base the challenge on % or body weight lost. Seems to be the most fair method.

I wish I could jump in as I'd still like to drop 10-12 pounds, but between my wife working crazy hours, my oldest daughters tennis and soccer schedule, my middle daughters hearing therapy schedule, and just the general craziness of life, I can't commit.

I do wish all the participants great luck and will cheer you all on.
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

Sorry, I've not been paying much attention, but I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Sorry, I've not been paying much attention, but I'm in.
    Seeing as there is no other thread, I'll make one now. Get your entries in..

[ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190802"]Unfat Challenge III - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]
    Last edited by steve; 04-12-2010 at 07:54 PM.