Page 275 of 293 FirstFirst ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,875 of 7323
    Quote Originally Posted by Tele Iowa View Post
    Bringing the fam from the flat land of Iowa on March 16 and 17. Skied here for the first time two years ago and thought it was pretty great so excited. Anyone got a lead on 2 bed 2 bath lodging close b y like Georgetown, Dillion etc?
    If you're going to be skiing during a weekend, my advice would be to look for something in Dillon, Silverthorne, Frisco over Georgetown. That way, you're drive has less chance of getting fucked (going against most of the traffic making for a faster "commute", but as anyone who reads this thread knows, there are no guarantees).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Tele Iowa View Post
    Bringing the fam from the flat land of Iowa on March 16 and 17. Skied here for the first time two years ago and thought it was pretty great so excited. Anyone got a lead on 2 bed 2 bath lodging close b y like Georgetown, Dillion etc?
    I’ll rent you my place in Eagle Cty for 400k for your entire trip and I’ll provide turn down service and cook every night you are here.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Anybody got additional info on Trelease today?

2 killed in separate avalanches Sunday in Colorado https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...unty-avalanche

Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by andy m View Post
    I got this photo of Patrol Bowl off the webcams this morning.

Attachment 362891

Quote Originally Posted by skipowpow View Post
    Anybody got additional info on Trelease today?

2 killed in separate avalanches Sunday in Colorado https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...unty-avalanche

Sucks.
    Deceased on Trelease is named David Hiedel. Solo snowboarder, (my assumption) likely ascended too high above The Boulevard and triggered from below.

PRELIMINARY: A backcountry snowboarder traveling alone was caught, buried and killed in an avalanche. Searcher and Rescue personnel found the tourer buried with a deployed avalanche airbag. Part of the airbag was visible in the avalanche debris, but the tourer's head was covered (partial burial-critical). The avalanche occurred around 9:30 AM. It ran on an east facing slope above treeline, on a terrain feature known as Pat's Knob, elevation 12304 east of Mount Trelease.Our deepest condolences go out to the families and friends of the person involved. We will publish more information as it becomes available.

https://avalanche.state.co.us/caic/a...ep&view=public
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Deceased on Trelease is named David Hiedel. Solo snowboarder, (my assumption) likely ascended too high above The Boulevard and triggered from below.
    He was a first year Lift Operator at the ski area.

Condolences to friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by andy m View Post
    I got this photo of Patrol Bowl off the webcams this morning.

Attachment 362891
    They didn't used to to things this way. Why wait until until February, trigger a ginormous slide, then have to deal with that giant crown for the rest of the year?

Seems like doing it this way is also less safe for the people doing the control work. Not to mention, you are less likely to get results from control work if you let a hard slab build up for longer even when a weak faceted layer exists at the base (or you have to use larger/more explosives to get the desired results).

Any avalanche mitigation professionals have any ideas? It seems to me that the only logical conclusion is that they were hoping to rely on bridging, but that seems sketchy to me for a heavily skied avalanche prone slope within a ski area, no?

Is there something I'm missing?
    Last edited by skiracer88_00; 02-15-2021 at 01:35 PM.

Why not have a program like at Highlands where volunteers bootlick some of those areas of the Ridge early in the season (I’m sure some of us would) and break up all those sketchy layers early and get 9 open sooner.
    The Ridge is the same aspect as the Trelease slide, so those slopes are sitting there ready to slide.

Quote Originally Posted by skiingislife View Post
    He was a first year Lift Operator at the ski area.

Condolences to friends and family.
    This is what I was afraid of. Appreciate the updates.

Was talking to patrol yesterday and he mentioned it went big...could see the rock but visibility was low so I couldn't see the fracture line. Holy shit!

Yeah, would be nice if they had boot packing volunteers...I'd do it, seems like it would be a great way to exercise at altitude.

Man y’all are kinda late with the bootlicking discussion this year. I was starting to think it might not happen. Would be a tragedy to lose this wealth of ski area management expertise in the middle of a pandemic.

One of you guys needs to make a bumper sticker that says “Bootlick the Ridge!” You’d sell hundreds. And LL patrol would still be clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    One of you guys needs to make a bumper sticker that says “Bootlick the Ridge!” You’d sell hundreds. And LL patrol would still be clueless.
    More like, you'd probably sell a dozen or two to patrollers there.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Man y’all are kinda late with the bootlicking discussion this year. I was starting to think it might not happen. Would be a tragedy to lose this wealth of ski area management expertise in the middle of a pandemic.

I'd be in for one of those stickers. Adrenelated is in for 100.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'd be in for one of those stickers. Adrenelated is in for 100.
    Seems like there's a few stickers that could get some traction. Bootlick the Ridge, Free the Steeps, It Might Be Cold But At Least It's Windy, and this little saucy number I wanted to get printed up about 10 years ago just to stick on unsuspecting people's cars in the lot...

Name:  i-snoblade-loveland.png
Views: 1270
Size:  10.3 KB
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

I still want a Loveland Valley Chair Force patch

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I like your style.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    O M G

LMFAO

I was riding Ptarmigan when they triggered that big release. It sounded like a bigger bomb than usual, and you could see most of it had gone, with big blocks on the apron, but the crown was pretty hard to see through the snow/cloud cover.

I took the first call on Sunday’s avalanche on Trelease. My understanding is that the victim was the father of a Loveland employee. Condolences. Thanks to all who helped.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Tunnel Face is open today but not OTR. Cannot figure Loveland out. Not complaining though as its quite nice, but damn OTR looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Tunnel Face is open today but not OTR. Cannot figure Loveland out. Not complaining though as its quite nice, but damn OTR looks good.
    South facing aspect vs. north? Something something facets? Not enough bootlicking? Honestly kinda surprised TF got opened this season... didn't see that coming with the way things have been going.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Week or two ago when 8 closed for wind, they opened tunnel face so people could return to base. Whether they wanted to ski it or not.

Tunnel Face is between West and East Ropes... are you thinking of The Face?

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Tunnel Face is between West and East Ropes... are you thinking of The Face?
    Yes i was, My bad.

I heard chair 2, 3 and 7 were the only chairs running at Loveland today because of the wind. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    Yes i was, My bad.
    Is confusing, for sure. And for the record I never want to ski The Face...

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.