Page 229 of 293 FirstFirst ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,725 of 7323
    Only sounds logical to let people with no knowledge of the snow conditions or in fact any knowledge of anything related, to make the decisions. I was told last year it was too cold to have 9 open on several occasions. The Ridge in the past several years has become way gnarlier & more dangerous than Pali or Highlands bowl, & as such must now continually be allowed to slide to the ground. They'll open it in April when it's safe for a couple of weekends before close.
    Calmer than you dude

It's completely ridiculous 4 and 8 aren't open. Every other ski area would have that terrain open already. Like people have said, put up signs re: thin coverage, early season conditions, whatever. Come on Luv.

I got banned from Loveland's facebook page for expressing my frustrations regarding their terrain opening policies. Monarch was great on Saturday by the way. 100% open except for Mirkwood (with about half the snow on the year that Loveland has).

A-Bowl at Loveland yesterday afternoon was very nice. Things like that tend to happen on Pip's days off..interesting. Thanks Mike Scott! I was told earlier in the day by one patroller that "there are more rocks over there than you would believe". Funny...I didn't find even one of them when they opened it.

Lack of control work up on the ridge is super terrifying. Loveland will likely kill someone with a persistent slab one of these days.

I can't believe Loveland is so super cautious about opening terrain, but doesn't actively mitigate the danger on the ridge early in the season. What morons are running that place?

I guess Highland Bowl is already open, those Aspen guys need to take some lessons from the LL patrol about the importance of letting the snowpack sit and "age" on its own for three months prior to letting guests on it.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    I guess Highland Bowl is already open, those Aspen guys need to take some lessons from the LL patrol about the importance of letting the snowpack sit and "age" on its own for three months prior to letting guests on it.
    Pali at a basin has been open on and off for the past 2 weeks as well

Anyone want to ski Vail with me today?

Loveland skied great today! Seriously..the steeps were off the charts good! The snow came in a bit dense with almost no wind...true hero snow.

Of course they didn't open A-Bowl. The Gaper Patrol was up on 4 running a few miles of rope so that Loveland can open the Chair 4 Liftline this week and claim they meaningfully expanded open terrain.

I'm in silverthorne tonight. Buy a mag a beer? If I'm not asleep at 6 I mean.

Is there a place around there that sells buckles and boot parts. I need a bottom buckle for a scarpa t-1. Mainly for the leash. Thx

You might give Wilderness Sports a call. If they don't, hopefully they can point you in the right direction.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    I got banned from Loveland's facebook page for expressing my frustrations regarding their terrain opening policies. Monarch was great on Saturday by the way. 100% open except for Mirkwood (with about half the snow on the year that Loveland has).

A-Bowl at Loveland yesterday afternoon was very nice. Things like that tend to happen on Pip's days off..interesting. Thanks Mike Scott! I was told earlier in the day by one patroller that "there are more rocks over there than you would believe". Funny...I didn't find even one of them when they opened it.

Lack of control work up on the ridge is super terrifying. Loveland will likely kill someone with a persistent slab one of these days.
    You got banned? WTF (to all of the above)

A-Bowl at Loveland yesterday afternoon was very nice. Things like that tend to happen on Pip's days off..interesting.
    Not really that interesting... isn't he due to retire like 5 years ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Records View Post
    You got banned? WTF (to all of the above)
    Yep, instead of listening to and responding to the concerns of some of their most loyal customers, Loveland has taken to censoring all critical posts and banning "offenders" from their Facebook page. I rode the lift yesterday with another person who was banned from their page for similar comments.

Loveland skied great today! Seriously..the steeps were off the charts good!.
    I call shenanigans! There are no steeps at Loveland.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I call shenanigans! There are no steeps at Loveland.
    Says the guy who skis at wanker park...

4 opened this morning, 'twas good, and south chutes and tomahawk remain open.

planning to ski around the 11th - in january

any of you BALLERS got comped or discounted passes for digitaldeath?

many thanks
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

The Shell BOGOs start back up January 4th and LL is usually on that. Otherwise, check CL for individual tickets from 4packs or maybe someone here will hook you up with some. Although people tend to hang on to them this early in the season.

^^^ shots out

i will continue to pursue all options
    Zone Controller

Any season pass holder can show their pass at the window and get you a $53 ticket (instead of $65). Shell BOGO or 4-pack ticket would be a better deal though.

Loveland tomorrow?

Bogo 4 da win

What about abasin passes?
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post

What about abasin passes?
    Might be a little tougher as I don't think their 4packs are transferable like LL's (I may be wrong though). Also, not sure they're on the Shell deal.

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Might be a little tougher as I don't think their 4packs are transferable like LL's (I may be wrong though). Also, not sure they're on the Shell deal.
    Yeah, no Shell and non transferable.

well if im visiting denver, where else should i ski other than loveland

ive only been to abasin, keystone, winter, and loveland - steamboat too

i think places like aspen are too far - perhaps i check out crested butte - but that may be really far too

lace me up
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Yeah, no Shell and non transferable.
    They're not on Shell this year?!