Page 229 of 265 FirstFirst ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,725 of 6615
    Is 4 really still closed? Five years ago 8 was open in mid-November with less snow and base depth than they're reporting now.

I haven't been up there in a few weeks, has anyone seen patrol doing any control work on 9? Or are they just letting it sit again?
    "It need not be fun to be fun." - Big Steve

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Cats and Busy Gully under 1 are open with MUCH less coverage than in the past few years. Definitely a good thing. They were skiing great yesterday. They did a soft opening of A-Bowl and Zoom yesterday afternoon and another good storm should open that terrain for the season.

4 and 8 are still closed, but 4 looks ready. There also hasn't been any significant control work on 9 yet that I saw. Overall they are doing much better than the last couple years by getting the steeps open, but they still should have more open than they do.

Yes 4 is still really close. As is 8/9 and a good amount of 2 (Bennets bowl). Hard to tell if 9 has seen any control work. I fear not. No signs of big slides or detonations up there.

It all feels pretty absurd. When I skied friday 4 looked pretty darn thin...probably would've looked less bad if they were grooming it/allowing skiers on it to compact. By Saturday midday the storm made 4/8 and steeps off 1 look damn skiable. As did the little lines under Lift 6 and Ptarmigan.

As a die-hard Loveland fan, even I am getting pretty damn pissy about it. Hire a few more patrollers if that is what it takes. It's fucking pitiful that they rush to open ASAP and then Monarch/Powderhorn/Ski Cooper all have more open terrain than Loveland. Let people ski shit with fair coverage. Put up signs that it's under their own risk. If they were serious about only opening truly ready-to-go terrain then it would be one thing, but they've opened lots of shit this season with rocks, trees, etc poking out. The inconsistency is what pisses people off.

All that said, the weekly patrol update suggested they're trying to open 4/8/A-bowl this week or weekend. I'll believe it when I see it.

Only sounds logical to let people with no knowledge of the snow conditions or in fact any knowledge of anything related, to make the decisions. I was told last year it was too cold to have 9 open on several occasions. The Ridge in the past several years has become way gnarlier & more dangerous than Pali or Highlands bowl, & as such must now continually be allowed to slide to the ground. They'll open it in April when it's safe for a couple of weekends before close.
    Calmer than you dude

It's completely ridiculous 4 and 8 aren't open. Every other ski area would have that terrain open already. Like people have said, put up signs re: thin coverage, early season conditions, whatever. Come on Luv.

I got banned from Loveland's facebook page for expressing my frustrations regarding their terrain opening policies. Monarch was great on Saturday by the way. 100% open except for Mirkwood (with about half the snow on the year that Loveland has).

A-Bowl at Loveland yesterday afternoon was very nice. Things like that tend to happen on Pip's days off..interesting. Thanks Mike Scott! I was told earlier in the day by one patroller that "there are more rocks over there than you would believe". Funny...I didn't find even one of them when they opened it.

Lack of control work up on the ridge is super terrifying. Loveland will likely kill someone with a persistent slab one of these days.

I can't believe Loveland is so super cautious about opening terrain, but doesn't actively mitigate the danger on the ridge early in the season. What morons are running that place?

I guess Highland Bowl is already open, those Aspen guys need to take some lessons from the LL patrol about the importance of letting the snowpack sit and "age" on its own for three months prior to letting guests on it.
    "It need not be fun to be fun." - Big Steve

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    I guess Highland Bowl is already open, those Aspen guys need to take some lessons from the LL patrol about the importance of letting the snowpack sit and "age" on its own for three months prior to letting guests on it.
    Pali at a basin has been open on and off for the past 2 weeks as well

Anyone want to ski Vail with me today?

Loveland skied great today! Seriously..the steeps were off the charts good! The snow came in a bit dense with almost no wind...true hero snow.

Of course they didn't open A-Bowl. The Gaper Patrol was up on 4 running a few miles of rope so that Loveland can open the Chair 4 Liftline this week and claim they meaningfully expanded open terrain.

I'm in silverthorne tonight. Buy a mag a beer? If I'm not asleep at 6 I mean.

Is there a place around there that sells buckles and boot parts. I need a bottom buckle for a scarpa t-1. Mainly for the leash. Thx

You might give Wilderness Sports a call. If they don't, hopefully they can point you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    I got banned from Loveland's facebook page for expressing my frustrations regarding their terrain opening policies. Monarch was great on Saturday by the way. 100% open except for Mirkwood (with about half the snow on the year that Loveland has).

A-Bowl at Loveland yesterday afternoon was very nice. Things like that tend to happen on Pip's days off..interesting. Thanks Mike Scott! I was told earlier in the day by one patroller that "there are more rocks over there than you would believe". Funny...I didn't find even one of them when they opened it.

Lack of control work up on the ridge is super terrifying. Loveland will likely kill someone with a persistent slab one of these days.
    You got banned? WTF (to all of the above)

A-Bowl at Loveland yesterday afternoon was very nice. Things like that tend to happen on Pip's days off..interesting.
    Not really that interesting... isn't he due to retire like 5 years ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Records View Post
    You got banned? WTF (to all of the above)
    Yep, instead of listening to and responding to the concerns of some of their most loyal customers, Loveland has taken to censoring all critical posts and banning "offenders" from their Facebook page. I rode the lift yesterday with another person who was banned from their page for similar comments.

Loveland skied great today! Seriously..the steeps were off the charts good!.
    I call shenanigans! There are no steeps at Loveland.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I call shenanigans! There are no steeps at Loveland.
    Says the guy who skis at wanker park...

4 opened this morning, 'twas good, and south chutes and tomahawk remain open.

planning to ski around the 11th - in january

any of you BALLERS got comped or discounted passes for digitaldeath?

many thanks
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

The Shell BOGOs start back up January 4th and LL is usually on that. Otherwise, check CL for individual tickets from 4packs or maybe someone here will hook you up with some. Although people tend to hang on to them this early in the season.

^^^ shots out

i will continue to pursue all options
    Zone Controller

Any season pass holder can show their pass at the window and get you a $53 ticket (instead of $65). Shell BOGO or 4-pack ticket would be a better deal though.

Loveland tomorrow?

Bogo 4 da win

What about abasin passes?
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post

What about abasin passes?
    Might be a little tougher as I don't think their 4packs are transferable like LL's (I may be wrong though). Also, not sure they're on the Shell deal.