Page 3 of 293 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by telechuck View Post
    I am going to head up early and get one of those huge breakfasts you can get in the lodge.
    God bless the Loveland breakfast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

TC- chances are we're doing that too. See you in the lodge, biatch.

Saturday: A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy and cold, with a high near 7. Wind chill values as low as -26. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

S-S-S-See you f-f-fools th-th-th-there t-t-tomorrow (for an hour or two, anyhow).

just got back. sunny, but cold as shit. not too windy, but when i hit the top of 2 it was -8. i was lapping 1->6->midload, and went in every 60-70 mins.

the snow in bennett's bowl and the south chutes was not bad at all. never saw chair 9 running, and i did not make it over to 8.

for as cold as it has been, the snow is still pretty soft. my bluehouses do not like groomers, but plowed thru the crud really well.

i'll be up solo early tomorrow. probably bringing the scotty bobs.

i'll look for you fools in the lodge early.
    Top of the Food Chain for White Trash America

You guys are dedicated fo' sho'.
    Fighting leads to killing, and killing gets to warring. And that was damn near the death of us all.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMatt View Post
    You guys are dedicated fo' sho'.
    No kidding you lazy asses. It was cold, but I wore 3 layers and was fine except for the toes on a few laps.

chair 8 -> Plunge into In the Mood... was good! The praxis were handling the wind buff / pow stashes so well.

Ran into SafetySquad and his non-magg friends. Good company always makes cold misery much more tolerable.

Chair 4 trees were also still in good shape via Sunburst / west ropes.

... sidenote - on the way back around 1pm I saw some assClown trying to PUSH his truck outta the middle of 70, with his old lady at the wheel. At least a half mile of dead stopped traffic behind him. "sure, them bald-ass-tires will make it over the pass."

Vail wasn't too bad today. Got up to around 14 or so. I'll be looking to escape the weekend/holiday crowd at Breck tomorrow so I'd be up for Loveland even if it is butt cold.

Staying in Breck without a car though how would I get there? I can take the summit stage to ABasin. Is there a shuttle that goes between them, or would I need to hitch a ride?
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

was it much windier over on 8 than 4 ?

and yes, you will need to hitch. bring a beacon, hitch to the top & then ski down.

God damn Loveland was warm I guess. It was -25 in dillon valley this morning at 7:30, -20 at keystone at 8, and -3 when i left keystone at 4:00--damn my kids were troopers today--not one single crier and it was never above 0 today.

8 was sweet today. Too bad it was so fucking cold.
    Some stuff off 1 was not bad at all, though.

Yep, can't complain about the snow under Chair 1 today. Hopefully they'll get some more the next two days.

Good skiing with you today, by the way.

Ocho was very bueno. smmokan, were you on Seth's?

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    God bless the Loveland breakfast.
    word, plate of hashbrowns for under $2 rules, add some chilula and you got a decent breakfast
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Yep, can't complain about the snow under Chair 1 today. Hopefully they'll get some more the next two days.

Good skiing with you today, by the way.
    Yea, nice to meet you mang.

can anyone comment on I-70 traffic?

I left Golden at 7 and encountered only minor slowing.

no real traffic in the mornings but there have been allot of retards who feel it necessary to do 45 in the left lane for no apparent reason.

Yep, Loveland was fun today. Ocho was good, but as others have stated, damn cold. I think we did 4 or 5 runs before we had to hit the hot chocolate and then chair 1. They haven't opened the Ridge for a few days, but when they do, there should be some good wind loaded pow.

Ms. Telechuck and I are going to be up again tomorrow.

As for traffic, I left Boulder at 6 and hit none, but 93 was jacked, maybe the worse visibility (or lack thereof) that I have ever seen. No traffic on the way home, leaving Loveland at 2.

The gapers are out in full effect, there are even lines, yep lines at Loveland (2 to 3 minutes only, but damn, lines It seems that the gapers like to knock over skis in the rack as well. Oh well, at least Loveland is making some money.

Hope to see some of you up there tomorrow.

I figured traffic patterns would be lightish with the odd stacking of the holidays.

I am headed west to Vail Pass tomorrow for a tour and returning to Denver tomorrow night.

I imagine a total shit show on I-70.

Quote Originally Posted by telechuck View Post
    They haven't opened the Ridge for a few days, but when they do, there should be some good wind loaded pow.
    It was getting bombed today, but hopefully there will be something left, i hope headwall gets a little more filled, make few new hits possible, and cover up a few rocky landings

Actually TC, I think your skis got blown over by the wind- as I was leaving there were a bunch that went down. I'm pretty sure your yellow Gotamas were victim.

Rontele- I left this morning at 9:45 from Denver and there was no traffic. Left Loveland after a few hours (around 2:00) and there was nothing on the way back either. That being said, tomorrow should be fun with the snow and wind.

missed you guys again. we must be taking different laps on the ocho. i was over there from 10:30-12 or so. took a couple laps with one of the patrollers off awesome thru the rope gap. there's some good lines way over there right now.

they have got to do something about chair 2, i like taking bennetts -> fire cut laps, but i did not ride one chair that didn't stop less than 3 times from mid load. started hitting the poma instead to get into the south chutes.

we are missing out tomorrow. dim sum and shopping instead. i'll be there on new years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    started hitting the poma instead to get into the south chutes.
    on cold days the poma is pretty much my hero

Quote Originally Posted by nick > jesus View Post
    on cold days the poma is pretty much my hero
    Poma was our personal lift today. Nobody there, and we just lapped S Chutes goodness. 8 skied great also, in an arctic exploration sort of way. I'll be back for more tomorrow or Mon, hope to finally get up on the ridge. See ya there!