Page 272 of 293 FirstFirst ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... LastLast
Results 6,776 to 6,800 of 7324
    I’d much rather continue to support Loveland than bitch about Epic or Ikon while still giving them money.

All that is open is skiing well, but it would be nice to disperse the lines a bit with another lift turning.

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    I am sad/disappointed nothing has changed. Plenty of other places to ski - maybe come back over there in April.
    Its gotten considerably worse actually. So glad I snagged an A-Basin pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    It's been hella better to ski than sbt ice rink with this low tide. I actually can't believe some of the steeps are open now the way things look, blame Ken for skiing it all off .

I'm super glad for the liftie that was working Ptarm on Tuesday, he's not fucking around with folks ignoring the mask rule. He literally stopped the lift twice while I was cued up, specifically so he could turn around, point and yell at these ass hats that had no face covering. He was pissed and defending his job security, professional yet very firm. Good for him.
    About the chair one steeps, as I'm sure you know, that north aspect turns to sugar as they let it sit through the early season storms. We've had this convo over the years and I will always have my opinion that the base would be nice and deep (and avy safe) if they just let people ski it. It's the culture there, nothing to do with money or whatnot, imo.

No matter, I'm in Leadville now and realizing that Monarch is not that much further to drive. And I'm having a lot of fun at Copper. I did go Karen on some people coming off the bus without masks, I called them vectors, hahaha omg. I hate being stuck on that bus, trying to figure out how to walk to the superbee.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Its gotten considerably worse actually. So glad I snagged an A-Basin pass.
    Happy for you! Sometimes I really miss that place and all the surrounding slack. I'll come over in the the springtime for sure.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

About the chair one steeps, as I'm sure you know, that north aspect turns to sugar as they let it sit through the early season storms. We've had this convo over the years and I will always have my opinion that the base would be nice and deep (and avy safe) if they just let people ski it. It's the culture there, nothing to do with money or whatnot, imo.

No matter, I'm in Leadville now and realizing that Monarch is not that much further to drive. And I'm having a lot of fun at Copper. I did go Karen on some people coming off the bus without masks, I called them vectors, hahaha omg. I hate being stuck on that bus, trying to figure out how to walk to the superbee.
    I think they’ve been clearing a path from Alpine Lot to Super Bee...

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    They are building a bunch of condos and a fancy hotel at the base of A in the next few years. Kinda bummed about that. Always parked for free and hopped right on the mountain there. It was kinda the little secret stash for a long time. Ride the power lines all the way back to the truck in the old days.

I just haven't quite figured it out. There is a lot of grooming (nordic style) around a neighborhood between the tubing and the A lot. I skied/walked out once but ended up at the north end of the lot and I'm parked at the south end.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    They are building a bunch of condos and a fancy hotel at the base of A in the next few years. Kinda bummed about that. Always parked for free and hopped right on the mountain there. It was kinda the little secret stash for a long time. Ride the power lines all the way back to the truck in the old days.
    Oh man when I first moved over here I was driving to the lot at the bottom of A lift and just showing my employee ID - the official designation was "free for carpoolers". The vibe was so perfect, like pulling up to Pali.

Now they charge $25 to park there. I guess if I had all the money in the world I would like a shiny condo on the east side, hahaha. With parking privileges of course! Copper has been changing a lot since I've been skiing there these past few seasons. I guess they are taking a beat from Vail Resorts. The skiing is just fine though, in my opinion, at least after the racers leave in December. I think Copper has gone too far giving too much space and priority to racers, for instance, A-lift is completely blocked until they leave. It seems disrespectful to season pass holders...
    Henry David Thoreau

I wonder what kind of high speed lift will go in where A is. No way rich condo folks are gonna ride that slow ass double.

I used to just drive in like I owned the place and not stop at the kiosk. Minimum wage parking guy could give two shits.

We should start a Copper thread. I hear they bootlicked Spaulding a few times already.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    We should start a Copper threat.
    Was about to suggest the same thing...
    go upside down.

I just haven't quite figured it out. There is a lot of grooming (nordic style) around a neighborhood between the tubing and the A lot. I skied/walked out once but ended up at the north end of the lot and I'm parked at the south end.
    So yeah the walkway from alpine to super b is on that north end near the building. Getting there early helps make it a shorter walk or else yeah it’s a noticeably longer walk from the south end of alpine.

I was going to take my kid and her friend to Loveland on day passes tomorrow but they’re all sold out. Looks like they’re limiting capacity this weekend.

I was going to take my kid and her friend to Loveland on day passes tomorrow but they’re all sold out. Looks like they’re limiting capacity this weekend.
    They have been all year. Almost every day I’ve been there were signs saying tickets, lessons, and rentals were sold out.
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    They have been all year. Almost every day I’ve been there were signs saying tickets, lessons, and rentals were sold out.
    Oh, didn’t realize that.

Guess I’ll avoid the MLK shitshow and hit some Gnordic Gnar on Waldorf or Bakerville instead.

Anyone know where I can find kick wax for a snurfer?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    So yeah the walkway from alpine to super b is on that north end near the building. Getting there early helps make it a shorter walk or else yeah it’s a noticeably longer walk from the south end of alpine.
    Dude I walked out to the other (south side) yesterday. And It was a very nice ski down between A lift and super bee terrain, lovely woods! Hopefully I can find my way again although it was really fun to puzzle it out.

I also got a rope drop, just me and two patrollers yesterday! Aw that was my best run of the season, still grinning from it.

Today I am so tired though, feel like a wimp.
    Henry David Thoreau

Regarding masks... I've called a couple folks out in lift lines to pull their masks up. I start with "Hey bro... can you do me a favor?" and generally, bro is like "Yeah buddy what's up?" So I do a quick little, "Hey man, I really like skiing. And I'd like this place to stay open all season... so can you pull your mask up? Rules are rules, man... and they'll shut 'er down if we don't follow 'em. Like I said, I wanna ski all year." And everytime I've done it, the people were cool about it.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Regarding masks... I've called a couple folks out in lift lines to pull their masks up. I start with "Hey bro... can you do me a favor?" and generally, bro is like "Yeah buddy what's up?" So I do a quick little, "Hey man, I really like skiing. And I'd like this place to stay open all season... so can you pull your mask up? Rules are rules, man... and they'll shut 'er down if we don't follow 'em. Like I said, I wanna ski all year." And everytime I've done it, the people were cool about it.
    Liftees and patrollers hella appreciate when other skiers call others out. It helps set the norms as it gets exhausting doing nose patrol for hours on end.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post

Anyone know where I can find kick wax for a snurfer?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Lift 4 open to midway

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    Lift 4 open to midway
    Expect 8 should follow pretty soon. Coverage is better over there.

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    Lift 4 open to midway
    Fiiiinnnnnnaaallllllyyyy!!!
    The Ridge looked good passing by yesterday. Patrollers, get up there and bootlick!!

4 was $$ this morning

I caught the first chair of the season:

Here is the same photo going up for my second lap (the track is mine)

The place was empty. So thankful they didn't announce on social media first.

~6-inches on a slab under the lift, but the best turns to be had were in sunburst chutes, which was DEEP.

Wow. Nice

Fiiiinnnnnnaaallllllyyyy!!!
    The Ridge looked good passing by yesterday. Patrollers, get up there and bootlick!!
    That is Ken's job this year.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    4 was $$ this morning

I caught the first chair of the season:

Here is the same photo going up for my second lap (the track is mine)

The place was empty. So thankful they didn't announce on social media first.

~6-inches on a slab under the lift, but the best turns to be had were in sunburst chutes, which was DEEP.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210120_091541.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	358892

Didn't take a pic until my third or fourth lap, but can confirm it was skiing great all morning