Page 251 of 293 FirstFirst ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,275 of 7324
    Well, a HSQ would get the bootlickers up faster, therefore opening the Ridge faster. Hopefully this is their stragedy.

HSQ on 1 sounds like a baaaad time.

How much time would that really cut down? I feel like it takes less than 5 minutes as is, why shave off 2 minutes?

Colorado needs a tram, do it Loveland !

People have a hard enough time counting to 3 on 1. Heaven help us if they have count to 4 even faster.

Other ideas Marmot, Dry Gulch, Tram to ? are worth discussing.

When’s the mountain-coaster open?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by iamTRuTH View Post
    I heard they couldn't do a HSQ on 4 because of the wind speeds. If that's accurate I have no idea.

I would hate to see 1 turn into a HSQ.
    I think turning 1 into a HSQ makes sense.... it’s one of the main access lifts, serves a variety of green/intermediate/advanced terrain. Begins right at the main base area. ... etc

Build a chair to quickly access the +50° sickness of Wild Child

Once upon a time there was a conceptual plan for a tram from the base area to the top of Golden Bear (13,010). I believe this was when Denver was potentially going to get the Olympics. Also, loveland was slated to develop the north side of Sniktau for the Men's downhill (with a second base area near Bakerville). Things would likely be very different at Loveland if Denver didn't ultimately turn down the olympics.

Last edited by skiracer88_00; 11-08-2017 at 10:03 AM.

I heard they couldn't do a HSQ on 4 because of the wind speeds. If that's accurate I have no idea.

imperial express at Breck begs to differ

Loveland tomorrow?

Imperial Express is in the wind shadow of Imperial Bowl. Not sure if the same could be said of 4 and its surrounding terrain?

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Once upon a time there was a conceptual plan for a tram from the base area to the top of Golden Bear (13,010). I believe this was when Denver was potentially going to get the Olympics. Also, loveland was slated to develop the north side of Sniktau for the Men's downhill (with a second base area near Bakerville). Things would likely be very different at Loveland if Denver didn't ultimately turn down the olympics.

The Marmot/field of dreams tram or gondola would be awesome. Field of dreams easily could be a groomer for the tourists/early season and all of marmot/golden bear and stuff to the south now cat accessed would be full big vertical.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

imperial express at Breck begs to differ
    It could of had to do with wind direction also. I remember it coming up when they rebuilt it, but don't remember the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    The Marmot/field of dreams tram or gondola would be awesome. Field of dreams easily could be a groomer for the tourists/early season and all of marmot/golden bear and stuff to the south now cat accessed would be full big vertical.

Would be sweet for sure, but it would also make Loveland a lot more crowded than it is. Many people would show up purely for the novelty of skiing off Colorado’s only tram.

Chair 1 should be a rope tow.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Would be sweet for sure, but it would also make Loveland a lot more crowded than it is. Many people would show up purely for the novelty of skiing off Colorado’s only tram.

Yeah but unless they build a parking structure or really ramp up shuttling from some other parking location they just don’t have the parking to make it crowded.

The other awesome idea that I’ve heard is rerouting US 6 through Loveland Valley and adding the Sisters to the Loveland terrain. Yeah probably not feasible with the millions it’d take to make a new road/bridge to make that happen, but imagine lift/hike from lift served 7 sisters and mine dumps, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Loveland will never be crowded. It's too cold, windy, and spread out.

Yeah but unless they build a parking structure or really ramp up shuttling from some other parking location they just don’t have the parking to make it crowded.

The other awesome idea that I’ve heard is rerouting US 6 through Loveland Valley and adding the Sisters to the Loveland terrain. Yeah probably not feasible with the millions it’d take to make a new road/bridge to make that happen, but imagine lift/hike from lift served 7 sisters and mine dumps, etc

Or they could just make avy tunnels and let people ski over them

I’ve heard of replacing 1, but don’t know about a high speed lift. A high speed lift would transfer the crowd from the bottom of the lift to the top, and its already a little too crowded at the top of 1, on weekends. Loveland shut down 1 for a short time last year due to mechanical issues, related to the fatality at Grandby Ranch.

I’ve also heard they may replace and reroute lift 2. A detachable (high speed) lift makes sense here, as 2 is the best lift for beginners. They like the slow loading and unloading speeds. The new Ptarmagin lift moves fast, for a fixed grip chair, and wipes out a lot of kids trying to load. Gapers also have trouble accessing lift 6 from where lift 2 unloads now.

TGR Forums
    If we're in fantasy land, put some lifts up Coon Hill while we're at it.

A tram to 13,010'...that would be something.

a ridge surface rope from super bowl to Wild Child would be cool, or from north gate 2 up to 13,010 ....

High speeds do better in the wind than fixed grips.

I like the idea of 1 as a high speed. From a maintenance standpoint, it's gonna be so much nicer to work on than that old POS Yan. Hopefully Loveland gets rid of all of their Yan lifts at some point, things are a nightmare to work on. Thought about working there for a brief spell but after working on a much shorter Yan (and thankfully the only one) at my mountain, I hope to never have to work on any more. And with lifts 1, 2, 5 kinda, 6 and 7 all being goddamn yans I would lose it

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    a ridge surface rope from super bowl to Wild Child would be cool
    That's in their master plan, actually

I can confirm, ROD is W.