Page 257 of 294 FirstFirst ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,425 of 7329
    Yep, per their website Lift 1 demo starts May 14. You can skin before then but they're shutting it down on the 14th.

ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Yes.

Source: have done this twice in last 5 years.
    Thanks.

Employees: Safety concerns common at Loveland before ski worker's death

OSHA's preliminary report finds 13 violations

DENVER -- Current and former employees of Loveland Ski Area tell Contact7 Investigates safety violations like the one that cost a lift mechanic his life were common before the worker’s December death.
    Some of the concerns of workers are echoed in a preliminary Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) report issued earlier this month which proposes close to $65,000 in fines against Loveland Ski Area for 13 safety violations linked to Lee’s death.
    “I hope the managers, the owners of Loveland… stop trying to cut corners, stop trying to save money, that they start caring about their workers and the lives of their families,” employee Tyler Harbert told Contact7 Investigates.
    Adam Lee was found dead Dec. 28, crushed beneath the Magic Carpet conveyer belt. Skiers and snowboarders stand on the conveyer belt to be transported up the hill.
    Industry standards and the manufacturer of the conveyer belt say maintenance should not be performed when the belts are still running. The belt is equipped with a device that is supposed to shut it off during maintenance and prevent anyone from turning it back on while workers are underneath it.
    But numerous employees told Contact7 Investigates they routinely saw lift mechanics going under the Magic Carpet while it was running.
    “This is something I have personally seen. Not [Lee], but other lift mechanics, I've seen go under the carpets while they are running,” Harbert said. “It's standard practice. It's a rare thing when they shut down those carpets, and when they do, they make sure they get them up as soon as possible."
    Harbert’s husband, a current Loveland employee, shared her safety concerns.
    “I've heard stories from the past of people getting caught at Loveland in the conveyer or the Magic Carpet. They survived, luckily, but this is a known thing,” Todd Harbert said.
    A third employee, who agreed to speak to Contact7 Investigates only if her identity was withheld, referred to the Magic Carpet as a death trap.
    “I just saw people not taking this machine seriously when it was obvious that people could get seriously hurt under the right conditions,” she said.
    According to a Clear Creek County sheriff’s incident report about Lee’s death, another employee told investigators, “They always go underneath the lift when it’s running.”
    Loveland Ski Area declined interview requests and did not respond to specific allegations raised by current and former employees. The ski area did send a statement, reading:
    Loveland Ski Area is examining and assessing the findings received this week from OSHA. Upon completion of our assessment of the findings we will timely and appropriately respond to OSHA.
    We continue to mourn the death of Adam Lee and extend our thoughts to his widow, children, family, and friends.
    Adam Lee left behind his wife, Erika, and four children.
    Erika said her husband was a dedicated employee who deserved better safety precautions.
    “I just really want to know what happened to him,” Erika Lee said. “When you take a good man and a good employee and you pretend like maybe it was his fault, maybe he did something wrong … his memory is under attack.”
    OSHA proposes nearly $65K in fines
    On May 3 OSHA issued its report on Lee’s death, finding 13 “serious” safety violations and proposing fines totaling $64,673.
    The violations found by OSHA included failing to implement written procedures for employee entry into the crawl space under the Magic Carpet where Lee died, failure to train employees about those procedures, each exposing employees to the “hazards of getting caught in the rollers and moving parts.”
    OSHA’s preliminary findings also said Loveland did not develop and document "energy control procedures" to ensure the Magic Carpet could not be turned on when an employee was working under it.
    “This condition resulted in the fatality of a maintenance employee who was caught in the rollers and moving parts,” the report says.
    The ski area has until the end of the month to abate the violations and potentially reduce the fines.

That is pretty damning and fucked up if true.

Yikes! The article doesn’t make the safety issues seem like they would be really expensive to fix/implement. It just sounds like laziness.

Did anyone here get a lift #1 chair, in the lottery?
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Employees: Safety concerns common at Loveland before ski worker's death

OSHA's preliminary report finds 13 violations

[COOR=#1A1A1A][FNT=Georgia][FNT=&][FNT=inherit]DENVER -- Current and former employees of Loveland Ski Area tell Contact7 Investigates safety violations like the one that cost a lift mechanic his life were common before the worker’s December death.[/FONT]
    [FOT=inherit]Some of the concerns of workers are echoed in a preliminary Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) report issued earlier this month which proposes close to $65,000 in fines against Loveland Ski Area for 13 safety violations linked to Lee’s death. [/FONT]
    [FNT=inherit]“I hope the managers, the owners of Loveland… stop trying to cut corners, stop trying to save money, that they start caring about their workers and the lives of their families,” employee Tyler Harbert told Contact7 Investigates.[/FONT]
    [FNT=inherit]Adam Lee was found dead Dec. 28, crushed beneath the Magic Carpet conveyer belt. Skiers and snowboarders stand on the conveyer belt to be transported up the hill.[/FONT]
    [FNT=inherit]Industry standards and the manufacturer of the conveyer belt say maintenance should not be performed when the belts are still running. The belt is equipped with a device that is supposed to shut it off during maintenance and prevent anyone from turning it back on while workers are underneath it.[/FONT]
    [FNT=inherit]But numerous employees told Contact7 Investigates they routinely saw lift mechanics going under the Magic Carpet while it was running. [/FONT]
    [FNT=inherit]“This is something I have personally seen. Not [Lee], but other lift mechanics, I've seen go under the carpets while they are running,” Harbert said. “It's standard practice. It's a rare thing when they shut down those carpets, and when they do, they make sure they get them up as soon as possible."[/FONT]
    [FNT=inherit]Harbert’s husband, a current Loveland employee, shared her safety concerns.[/FONT]
    [FNT=inherit]“I've heard stories from the past of people getting caught at Loveland in the conveyer or the Magic Carpet. They survived, luckily, but this is a known thing,” Todd Harbert said. [/FONT]
    [FNT=inherit]A third employee, who agreed to speak to Contact7 Investigates only if her identity was withheld, referred to the Magic Carpet as a death trap. [/FONT]
    [FNT=inherit]“I just saw people not taking this machine seriously when it was obvious that people could get seriously hurt under the right conditions,” she said.[/FONT]
    [NT=inherit]According to a Clear Creek County sheriff’s incident report about Lee’s death, another employee told investigators, “They always go underneath the lift when it’s running.” [/FONT]
    [FNT=inherit]Loveland Ski Area declined interview requests and did not respond to specific allegations raised by current and former employees. The ski area did send a statement, reading: [/FONT][INDENT]Loveland Ski Area is examining and assessing the findings received this week from OSHA. Upon completion of our assessment of the findings we will timely and appropriately respond to OSHA.
    [FNT=inherit]We continue to mourn the death of Adam Lee and extend our thoughts to his widow, children, family, and friends. [/FONT]
    [/INENT]
    [FNT=inherit]Adam Lee left behind his wife, Erika, and four children. [/FONT]
    [FNT=inherit]Erika said her husband was a dedicated employee who deserved better safety precautions. [/FONT]
    [FNT=inherit]“I just really want to know what happened to him,” Erika Lee said. “When you take a good man and a good employee and you pretend like maybe it was his fault, maybe he did something wrong … his memory is under attack.”[/FONT]
    [FNT=inherit]OSHA proposes nearly $65K in fines[/FONT]
    [FNT=inherit]On May 3 OSHA issued its report on Lee’s death, finding 13 “serious” safety violations and proposing fines totaling $64,673. [/FONT]
    [FNT=inherit]The violations found by OSHA included failing to implement written procedures for employee entry into the crawl space under the Magic Carpet where Lee died, failure to train employees about those procedures, each exposing employees to the “hazards of getting caught in the rollers and moving parts.” [/FONT]
    [FNT=inherit]OSHA’s preliminary findings also said Loveland did not develop and document "energy control procedures" to ensure the Magic Carpet could not be turned on when an employee was working under it. [/FONT]
    [FNT=inherit]“This condition resulted in the fatality of a maintenance employee who was caught in the rollers and moving parts,” the report says. [/FONT]
    [FNT=inherit]The ski area has until the end of the month to abate the violations and potentially reduce the fines. [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][/CLOR]
    Why did you add all that code, mseries jong?

Copy pasta...... I blame Apple

Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
    Did anyone here get a lift #1 chair, in the lottery?
    Buler????????????????
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Footrest. Ugh. So dumb on a ride that will take 45 seconds.

Also fuck the placement of the 3rd tower. Right in the runout of that fun side hit assuming you don't plan on turning the rest of the way.

As long as they enforce full capacity chairs I don't gaf about the rest. I just wanna get to the top in the most efficient manor.

The real test is if Benny will be able to ride this one without fucking it up?

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    The real test is if Benny will be able to ride this one without fucking it up?
    Wait -- the whole Benny falling off a lift meme was started at Loveland?

None other than our very own Chair 9, the most treacherous lift in all the land.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...+lift+accident

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    None other than our very own Chair 9, the most treacherous lift in all the land.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...+lift+accident
    Thank you for making my morning coffee so enjoyable.

We should start a go fund me page to put up a commemorative plaque.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Also fuck the placement of the 3rd tower. Right in the runout of that fun side hit assuming you don't plan on turning the rest of the way.
    You can really tell from that pic? Seems fine to me. Guess we'll just have to wait and field verify!

A detachable for that short ride and 10 days where's there's a line for less than a hour is a dumb waste of cash.

The 45 minute ski out on a snow day of the entire area is now reduced to 25 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    A detachable for that short ride and 10 days where's there's a line for less than a hour is a dumb waste of cash.

The 45 minute ski out on a snow day of the entire area is now reduced to 25 minutes.
    Those old Yan lifts need to be replaced. Loveland is clearly planning for the future and it kind of makes sense to put a reliable HSQ as the workhorse at the front of the mountain.

Lift 1 most def needed a replacement. And I think upgrading to a 4 pack makes sense.

But it certainly didn't need to be high speed.

Then again, Lift 1 may be the only lift enough out of the wind at loveland to be reliably operated as a high speed.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Those old Yan lifts need to be replaced. Loveland is clearly planning for the future and it kind of makes sense to put a reliable HSQ as the workhorse at the front of the mountain.
    2 should be a high speed lift. It's a longer ride, and accesses more beginner terrain. It's a Yan triple built in 1985 and will need replacement imminently.

1 needed replacement but should have been replaced with a modern fixed grip triple or quad. Same uphill capacity (the limiting factor is how fast you can load chairs, not line speed), cheaper, less maintenance. Putting a HSQ there is 100% marketing.

$400 Loveland
    $690 Epic Local
    $700 Ikon Base

For me it is pick two... it's kind of hard to justify Loveland as my second choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    2 should be a high speed lift. It's a longer ride, and accesses more beginner terrain. It's a Yan triple built in 1985 and will need replacement imminently.

1 needed replacement but should have been replaced with a modern fixed grip triple or quad. Same uphill capacity (the limiting factor is how fast you can load chairs, not line speed), cheaper, less maintenance. Putting a HSQ there is 100% marketing.
    Bingo x10.

I fear how many beginners are going to get on 1 over 2 simply because its slower to load and a faster ride.