Page 238 of 294 FirstFirst ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,950 of 7328
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    There was not enough snow below the cornice to manage, until now. sounds like you are pro, you go up there and cut those cornices this early, that far up on the way to the top of wild child, yeah, go for it dude.

The top of the middle gut of super bowl is like 50 degrees, so yeah, it is mega steep compared with the 30 or so everywhere else.
    Maybe it's 50 degrees in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Probably headed up for the afternoon again... the styrofoam was craptastic yesterday and visibility was less than stellar. Looks to be even worse today, can't fucking wait!
    Hey, don't be trying to derail the very important discussions with your trivial talk of going skiing!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Maybe it's 50 degrees in the summer.

The small part of patrol bowl under discussion is the bright yellow with some lettering on it just above and left of Lift 2. Maybe it's not 50, but even this shows it as 45+.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    The small part of patrol bowl under discussion is the bright yellow with some lettering on it just above and left of Lift 2. Maybe it's not 50, but even this shows it as 45+.
    Go ski both sides of Gauthier and tell me again that the differences between 45+ and 50+ are insignificant.
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

If Super Bowl is +45° then CB must have 65° sustained pitches...

Thanks for the education. Before this thread, I had no idea that Loveland has terrain so unique that industry acceptance avalanche mitigation techniques are in appropriate. Does any other ski area have:

a. terrain steep enough to slide but not steep enough to control?

b. a snow pack depth too shallow in control but deep enough to product deadly avalanches?

c. cornices that can't be mitigated

Again, I'm not saying that Loveland should be anything different regarding managing the ridge but the arguments against it are...questionable?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    We all know you guys lap chair 6 all day, jerking each other off during the half hour ride.
    SHHH

You're hurting my street cred.

STOKED I got a 4 pak for this year, (apparently to ski with a bunch of people who have no affection for Loveland anymore and maybe for good reason..). But I do not have near the knowledge to rule on this.

I am definitely an outside observer now, so less subject to the effects of whatever mismanagement may or may not be there. But I still think it is fun to ski there.

Regarding Tomahawking off of cornices on wild child: believe you me, it does happen to some of us.

Hope they get their act together. Would hate to have great memories from college sullied by somewhat negative attitudes which may or may not be justified.

Disclaimer: I'm not taking anyone's side, J-wowza. Just remarking...

See you guys late February-ish?? Maybe April?? Maybe the ridge will be open by then…
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Thanks for the education. Before this thread, I had no idea that Loveland has terrain so unique that industry acceptance avalanche mitigation techniques are in appropriate. Does any other ski area have:

a. terrain steep enough to slide but not steep enough to control?

b. a snow pack depth too shallow in control but deep enough to product deadly avalanches?

c. cornices that can't be mitigated

Again, I'm not saying that Loveland should be anything different regarding managing the ridge but the arguments against it are...questionable?
    Didn't you see the I70 thread? Everything in Clear Creek County is so uniquely challenging that no one could possibly any insight into how it could be better managed.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Right? Understanding Clear Creek County requires a certain mix of poor dental work, classic rock mix tapes, unknown chemical dependencies and steadfast belief that "because this is how we've always done it, that makes is sweet!".

Living near Grand Lake, another idyllic mountain community with an infatuation with double wides and Marlboro Reds, you'd think I'd have it figures out but honestly I have no idea. The amount of money that drives right by Idaho Spring is amazing. A McD's with a gas station and quickly mart is viewed as progress in that town.

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Records View Post
    It is interesting to me that no one at Loveland actually knows DasBlunt. There are only a few logical explanations:

1) DasBlunt is an alias;
    2) does not ski, but rather spends all his time on parents basement couch.
    3) is such an amazingly bad skier that even at a small skier area where everyone knows everyone, no one knows him. Perhaps he is invisible?
    4) lives in a much improved, steeper, and deeper parallel universe where the laws of physics do not apply.
    While all of these are plausible, 1, 2, and 4 actually work best when you put them together.
    Last edited by adam; 12-31-2015 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I respectfully disagree even with that.
    You won. Only took 48hrs.

Right? Understanding Clear Creek County requires a certain mix of poor dental work, classic rock mix tapes, unknown chemical dependencies and steadfast belief that "because this is how we've always done it, that makes is sweet!".

Living near Grand Lake, another idyllic mountain community with an infatuation with double wides and Marlboro Reds, you'd think I'd have it figures out but honestly I have no idea. The amount of money that drives right by Idaho Spring is amazing. A McD's with a gas station and quickly mart is viewed as progress in that town.
    This is why everyone has everything wrong, these people commenting here don't see things like the average person. If they did they'd see it isn't really as easy as they think it is.

You dealing with a bunch of upper middle class white people who live in really nice houses in a really nice town like littleton, they have played by the rules all their life, got their nice college degrees, have a nice wife, kids that go only to the best schools in the metro area so they can grow up just like their daddies, they got that nice corperate job so they can always pay the bills, have nice cars and drive to the mountains every weekend and ski. They got the best gear money can buy and expect loveland to cater to there bad ass skiing and waste a bunch of time and effort to open the bad ass big pitch terrain so they can record some gopro footage to show there college bros how good they got in colorado. With this perfect life they live and middle managment job and education they always have the answers to everything and are able to solve every problem out there with their flawed middle class logic

happy new year bitches life sucks

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    This is why everyone has everything wrong, these people commenting here don't see things like the average person. If they did they'd see it isn't really as easy as they think it is.

You dealing with a bunch of upper middle class white people who live in really nice houses in a really nice town like littleton, they have played by the rules all their life, got their nice college degrees, have a nice wife, kids that go only to the best schools in the metro area so they can grow up just like their daddies, they got that nice corperate job so they can always pay the bills, have nice cars and drive to the mountains every weekend and ski. They got the best gear money can buy and expect loveland to cater to there bad ass skiing and waste a bunch of time and effort to open the bad ass big pitch terrain so they can record some gopro footage to show there college bros how good they got in colorado. With this perfect life they live and middle managment job and education they always have the answers to everything and are able to solve every problem out there with their flawed middle class logic

happy new year bitches life sucks
    Pretty sure break's over. Put the cap back on and go bag some fries.
    Hugh Conway sucks

So much truth to this statement, it's uncanny.

And now Henderson's closing, so it's looking like we better get to building more McD's and quickly marts pronto! God forbid we should look into any potential revenue streams that might have the added benefit of providing worthwhile jobs, and risk negatively impacting our drive-over-land status.

I laughed

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    So much truth to this statement, it's uncanny.

And now Henderson's closing, so it's looking like we better get to building more McD's and quickly marts pronto! God forbid we should look into any potential revenue streams that might have the added benefit of providing worthwhile jobs, and risk negatively impacting our drive-over-land status.
    FWIW, it's not all like that, although some for sure. PM me if you want to talk about it IRL.
    Hugh Conway sucks

And now Henderson's closing.....:
    All that "private" mining claim land.......

Might make an interesting ski area???

Just a thought....
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
    All that "private" mining claim land.......

Might make an interesting ski area???

Just a thought....
    That's been discussed... would be awesome. The Jones pass dorks would throw a fit.
    Hugh Conway sucks

That's been discussed... would be awesome. The Jones pass dorks would throw a fit.
    Realistically, once CDOT solves all the traffic issues, we're going to need another ski area to handle the increased traffic.

How's 9 skiing?

^Dust on Styrofoam on Wednesday. The dust has probably migrated to KS by now.

I'm actually relieved to be working through the weekend, although my gripe has been more with the lack of snow, than crowds or terrain. Maybe some strong West winds will transport all of A-Basin's snow to the ridge?

why is it that the smartest guys area always on the internet all day long?

Maybe some strong West winds will transport all of A-Basin's snow to the ridge?
    You would need a SE wind to move a basin snow to Loveland
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Loveland tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    You would need a SE wind to move a basin snow to Loveland
    Right, that. Bet it's SICK up there now that we've figured out which way the wind needs to blow!
    Last edited by bendtheski; 01-02-2016 at 04:31 PM.