Page 271 of 293 FirstFirst ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,775 of 7324
    Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Its almost comical how little Loveland has open compared to just about every other resort in Colorado.
    It's been that way for 5-10 years but everyone keeps buying passes anyway so I can't see how they have any motivation to change what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    It's been that way for 5-10 years but everyone keeps buying passes anyway so I can't see how they have any motivation to change what they're doing.
    I find it admirable the diligence with which you never fail to stick it to LL for not opening terrain. Year after year, I don't think you've missed an opportunity. I just wished that it would pay off for you somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I find it admirable the diligence with which you never fail to stick it to LL for not opening terrain. Year after year, I don't think you've missed an opportunity. I just wished that it would pay off for you somehow.
    Hah!

It kinda did, I started skiing other places and touring a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I keep bitching about how it's cold and windy and mostly flat and the lifts are slow, but it still hasn't paid off for me in any way.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Not much open, but there were some fresh turns to be had this morning. Wasn't windy either!

Loveland tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I keep bitching about how it's cold and windy and mostly flat and the lifts are slow, but it still hasn't paid off for me in any way.
    You upgraded to Eldora - for the wind closures! 🤪

I worked there as a lift-op during the 06/07 & 07/08 winters, one morning of a particularly gusty day on either the Challenger or Cannonball lifts (don’t remember which one) we had a crazy wind incident.

It was first thing right after line-check, chairs were blown so hard they were completely upside down momentarily from being rotated by the wind. During this gust the haul rope jumped the sheaves, went around the derail switches on a top tower, and somehow the lift was able to restart (no derail switch fault) after the gust.

Lift crews were riding up on their way to IP & Corona stations. Once the lift restarted the chairs were going up and down 8 - 10 ft vertically for a few seconds from the derailed rope / tower friction.

Thankfully the top-op, a hippy name Aaron from Alyeska, realized the haul rope had jumped off the top of the sheave train on the heavy side and stopped the lift saving some lives. He was a cool guy. Oh Eldo what stories.

(This probably should be in the NC lift op thread ?)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

This happened too:

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/dead...ra-ski-resort/

Crazy times
    stay outta my line

I don't really know what any of that means, but it sounds bad.

And actually, I upgraded from Winter Park to Eldora, even smarterer. Stupid kiddo ski racing.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Mm

Is there any way to know if uphill access is open/closed prior to heading to the mountain? Aside from anything like a necessary closure due to a crazy storm, does it ever really close mid-season once it opens?

go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Is there any way to know if uphill access is open/closed prior to heading to the mountain? Aside from anything like a necessary closure due to a crazy storm, does it ever really close mid-season once it opens?

It'll be open unless something really weird is going on -- in which case I'd expect it to be on their FB or IG -- follow them.

Just please don't ski closed terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    It'll be open unless something really weird is going on -- in which case I'd expect it to be on their FB or IG -- follow them.

Just please don't ski closed terrain.
    Appreciate that. Won’t be ducking any ropes (or parking under avy paths like all the lovely users last spring). Just looking to get out, stretch the legs, and maybe feel a little soft snow (if only dust on crust) for the first time this season.
    go upside down.

What’s up with the snow stake cams? They are reporting 6.5” new @ 5am this morning, but the dates on the time lapse cams show 1/2 & 1/3...and the real-time video shows 2” on the stake.

stay outta my line

Quote Originally Posted by TransplantedFromRMNP View Post
    What’s up with the snow stake cams? They are reporting 6.5” new @ 5am this morning, but the dates on the time lapse cams show 1/2 & 1/3...and the real-time video shows 2” on the stake.

The snow stake is cleared every day at 4:00pm ish. So that 2” is overnight. Did they get snow yesterday during the day?
    You should have been here yesterday!

Looked like they got a good squall yesterday afternoon.

Steeps under chair 1 opened right after I left around 2pm. Go figure. Yesterday was a brisk one but the lines were more tolerable.

Did anybody else see those two planes on the horizon before they disappeared? Was I hallucinating? That was cool AF!

Passed by yesterday. Why THE FUCK isn’t chair 4 open?!

Loveland tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Passed by yesterday. Why THE FUCK isn’t chair 4 open?!
    It’s pretty damn boney in most places today looking over there, but agree there are some shots that could open off 4 with some strong rope work by patrol.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    It’s pretty damn boney in most places today looking over there, but agree there are some shots that could open off 4 with some strong rope work by patrol.
    I mean, I was driving by so didn’t get a really good look but coverage right by Scrub looked fine. You’d think they’d want to get another lift open to spread people out.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I mean, I was driving by so didn’t get a really good look but coverage right by Scrub looked fine. You’d think they’d want to get another lift open to spread people out.
    but somebody could hit a rock

Tunnel Face awaits the horde. Open it all!

You are the champ.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

^he’s “The Best Skier On The Mountain”!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Or they could just put a couple of thin cover signs and open it. Loveland patrol puts up and takes down more rope every season than every other ski area in colorado combined.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Or they could just put a couple of thin cover signs and open it. Loveland patrol puts up and takes down more rope every season than every other ski area in colorado combined.
    I am sad/disappointed nothing has changed. Plenty of other places to ski - maybe come back over there in April.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

It's been hella better to ski than sbt ice rink with this low tide. I actually can't believe some of the steeps are open now the way things look, blame Ken for skiing it all off . I'm still happy to support these guys this year. I feel like a smaller resort has a right to be a little more conservative, esp during this pandemic, liabilities or whatnot. Imagine the hit their F&B department is taking, aside from 4-paks it's probably maybe their biggest income generator. I'll still give them the benefit of the doubt, as frustrating as it can be. The road is partially in going up to top of ridge, 4, and 8, much more than what I saw last week. And lots of ski cutting over that way. So, they are working on it.

I'm super glad for the liftie that was working Ptarm on Tuesday, he's not fucking around with folks ignoring the mask rule. He literally stopped the lift twice while I was cued up, specifically so he could turn around, point and yell at these ass hats that had no face covering. He was pissed and defending his job security, professional yet very firm. Good for him.