Page 166 of 293 FirstFirst ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 7324
    Thanks y'all. And here I was worried that my little TR wasn't stoke filled enough...

I should also give props to whoever dropped the cornice on top of porcupine saddle (prolly 30 footer) Monday while I was standing around trying to summons nuts.

P, I've go almost no footage worth editing so lending a hand with your stuff should prove fun once I get past cursing my unfamiliarity with the new software!

The first Monday or Tuesday that looks less than skier/rider friendly, I will be ready to ROLL THE UGLINGESS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by pbourdon View Post
    I'd do it in a second if we get another 14" of snow. Until then however, I think I'll pass. I've been looking at that thing for the past month hoping they'd open it; but I guess its a no go. If we get deep snow after they close, I'd be game to walk/sled up there to give it a go though.

I'm super stoked to see DasBlunt and BTS posting some stoke up. I had a great time riding with you guys this year, and BTS that's rad as shit you dropped that cornice recently. Its definitely a fun one.

Any way, although this isn't technically Loveland Ski Area, I figured I'd toss in some stoke from the pass. Nothing special, just some mellow turns down from the summit. I should have an April pow edit put together in a bit that will be a little more exciting (read:cliffs, tight trees, etc), especially if me and BTS get a chance to sit down with his new fancy-schmancy Adobe program.

Enough yakin', here's my offering.

That rocks!! Next snow, please show me that route. More jumps mang!!
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post

I should also give props to whoever dropped the cornice on top of porcupine saddle (prolly 30 footer) Monday while I was standing around trying to summons nuts.
    so fun and scary at the same time. really difficult to tell where you are going to land. i did it a few weeks ago though.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    so fun and scary at the same time. really difficult to tell where you are going to land. i did it a few weeks ago though.
    Always good to remind yourself you still have a pulse.
    Next up, scaring myself on a mountain bike for several months.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Anyone heading up tomorrow and have an extra ticket for sale? I'd like to take my bro up one last time, and I only have one ticket. PM me if you can help out.

I got your PM, and I have two tickets left that I would let go SUPER cheap. BUT, I am not headed up tomorrow or Sunday.

If anyone is down in the Denver area (SW actually) then I could meet you, otherwise these are going to become great off-season toilet paper or something.

Quote Originally Posted by COinIA View Post
    Anyone heading up tomorrow and have an extra ticket for sale? I'd like to take my bro up one last time, and I only have one ticket. PM me if you can help out.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Yeah PowTron I'm in Centennial. Plan on leaving the house around 7:45, taking C-470 around. You willing to get up and meet me somewhere tomorrow AM?

Great spring conditions up there today. Got to hike out of the gates off of 8 to get some really fun turns in. Ended up teaching a lesson to a 6-year old in the afternoon and got a $50 tip. Boooo-ya. I'll be up there tomorrow hopefully hiking 8, 13,010 and perhaps a run up porcupine ridge. Who knows. I should have some pics from today up soon.

edit: its too bad we're closing tomorrow, but there's always A-Basin, and a ton of touring objectives I've got plans for as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

Someone handed me 2 tickets from a 4 pack today. I have one left for tomorrow, its free for whoever asks first.

stoked to ski Loveland for like the 4th time ever and 1st time this year tomorrow. Should be fun, see everyone there. I'll be the handsome fella.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Yesterday was a blast. I ended up teaching for an hour and a half in the morning which was a bummer since I wanted to get back over to Trelease; but I did manage to get out in the afternoon. We *hiked* over to Marmot/Rock Chutes beating our friends who decided to wait for a tow on the sled.

Hell, I even had enough time to get all artsy-fartsy...

But they had the last laugh because they stepped up and dropped the cornice sitting atop Marmot to less than ideal snow.

Proof: (my buddy Bo....a tri-sporter, this time rockin' the tele's)

Then it was Will's turn...

I decided in the interest of self-preservation to pass on that one. I've got no problem hucking shit, but I want my landing to be good. The landing off that thing yesterday was far from good. Still, both these guys stuck that shit, and my hat is off to them.

After those shenanigans we made our way down to the rock chutes where the ladies in the group decided it was time to get rad.

Here's my girl Erica with a classic point, "I wanna go do that one."

And so she did...

My boss' girl Jenny making it look easy in the main chute.

Bo snuck into a nice tight one off the main chute...

I took some pictures of the Citadel. I really hope to get Snoopy's collar in the next week or two. Anybody wanna go?

Then I dropped the main chute (pic forthcoming from my friend Cory).

All in all an awesome way to wrap up the lift-accessed year at the Luv. Its been one to remember for sure. I should have an April edit up soon, now that I'm officially out of work. If you know anyone hiring in G-town, Idaho Springs, or up in Summit, shoot me a PM.

To those of you I met and rode with this year, its been real! Can't wait to do it again next year!!!
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

We *hiked* over to Marmot/Rock Chutes beating our friends who decided to wait for a tow on the sled.
    You guys are speedy hikers, I was waiting for the sled while you raced up there, I was relieved at least I beat you!

Sunday was a beautiful day, certainly a great way to finish the year. The size of the cornices is the plus side of the cliffs being buried in snow! A couple pictures of Matt Teuling sampling said cornices:

The final ride on lift 1 on closing day got pretty silly. After a mass snowball fight at the base, a liftie tossed a shovel of snow in our laps after we boarded, saying something like "Have a nice summer! Here, have some snow!". At the top, we found an unruly mob pelting the upcoming riders.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Loveland 073.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	220.7 KB 
ID:	97146

The guys who caught the last chair were probably pretty smug about it, until the lift just happened to "break down" for a minute.

Name:	Loveland 078.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	276.5 KB 
ID:	97147

We had some good fun surfing the slush, and as a bonus got to spend Mother's Day with our kids.

Name:	Loveland 085.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	324.9 KB 
ID:	97148

Great year, Loveland! Can't wait 'til next year...
    Change is good. You go first.

Anybody know the policy on uphill access now that the mountain is closed for the season?

not sure of the "policy" but LOTS of people skin the Luv when it's closed.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Thanks, I used to do it years ago with no hassle. Now I am an old fart, recently got canned at my job so thought I would take advantage, get some exercise and turns in.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    not sure of the "policy" but LOTS of people skin the Luv when it's closed.
    Yes I also agree that it is fine to do. We've done it many times and never had any problems. I was actually looking through all the National Forest Service bulletins for the Clear Creek Ranger station, and found one that says you can't snowmobile there during the offseason(this is what I was hoping not to find), but nothing about skinning.

Of course, they are taking down chair 4, so I'm imagine it would probably be wise to give that area some space.

Snowmobiles? You don't need no stinkin' snowmobiles. That's what your legs/feet are for.

AFAIK, its cool to hike up from the basin lot. We just did Porcupine Ridge today and had no problems. but then again, everybody knows us up there. As Mike points out, stay clear of the ch.4 work and you should be fine. Have fun. Still plenty of snow up there, and with this next system moving in, we should be skiing fun stuff up high for quite some time.

Snowmobiles? You don't need no stinkin' snowmobiles. That's what your legs/feet are for.
    With all of the hiking possibilities in CO, if you hike for chairlift accessible terrain, you're a fucking retard.

gunit130 Guest
    I'm sorry, I just can't resist.

[x] Got Oxygen? Shirt
    [x] Shirt tucked into underwear
    [ ] Obama 2012 Sticker
    [x] Fanny Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    With all of the hiking possibilities in CO, if you hike for chairlift accessible terrain, you're a fucking retard.
    thanks for saving me the typing.

also, gunit's photo caption should draw the curtain on this thread for 2011. 2601 posts and he finally comes with the laughs.
    Last edited by JoeStrummer; 05-17-2011 at 09:25 PM.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

It's totally and completely safe, bro. duhhhh.

Sorry, I forgot...you're only core if you hike where there are no chairs. I mean who wants low-hanging fruit any way. Nevermind that we had a good time doing it. Besides, its not about fun any way. Its about how rad you are...

Dude, you're so rad, can I touch you?
    the-one-track-mind

Sorry, I forgot...you're only core if you hike where there are no chairs. I mean who wants low-hanging fruit any way. Nevermind that we had a good time doing it. Besides, its not about fun any way. Its about how rad you are...

Dude, you're so rad, can I touch you?
    You are aware that you're in Colorado, right? Why not go hike somewhere cool?
    Exploring is fun and rewarding.
    Hiking to ski shit you've skied a million times via chairlift=nowhere near as cool.

It's not about being "core", more of a reflection of you than me to come up with that.

You are aware that you're in Colorado, right? Why not go hike somewhere cool?
    Exploring is fun and rewarding.
    Hiking to ski shit you've skied a million times via chairlift=nowhere near as cool.

It's not about being "core", more of a reflection of you than me to come up with that.

Technically Porcupine Ridge isn't in-bounds at Loveland. Yes it is side-country, but the ridge proper (not the saddle) isn't in-bounds, or at least it was closed all year this year when ever I looked. I'd never ridden it before, nor had the other guys I was with. I'm all for exploring other cooler, more challenging places to hike. The guys I hike/ride with have some bigger objectives planned, but with the weather coming and going as it has been lately; its been tough for all the things to come together you know? Dude, I know you're a good guy (at least that's the reputation you have among other mags I know that know you); so why not show a kid around instead of hating all the time??

Edit: And even though its lame, here's the line we did yesterday off the ridge.

the-one-track-mind