Page 4 of 293 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Save some of the goods for me guys! The ice coast is killing me!

Quote Originally Posted by MOHSHSIHd View Post
    Save some of the goods for me guys! The ice coast is killing me!
    Will you grow a fucking sack and leave already. You are a chicken shit, poser that just really loves padding your post count. GO BACK TO EPIC SKI, YOU ATTENTION SEEKING WHORE!

Quote Originally Posted by beerski View Post
    Will you grow a fucking sack and leave already. You are a chicken shit, poser that just really loves padding your post count. GO BACK TO EPIC SKI, YOU ATTENTION SEEKING WHORE!
    Who the hell peed in your midnight snack? Jeebus...

Weds, Thurs, Fri, and Sat, I'll be up there with three of my best friends from home. I will be pushing them a leeettle out of their respective comfort zones and would LOVE to do the same for myself on the Headwall. Jeezy, you bastards better not have douched ALL the micro-huck landings.

STOKED to get back "home" to Lovelyland. And for all your sakes (not my own), I'm hoping and praying Monday roolz.

(Although Snowmass is pretty rad...)
    Last edited by Deep Days; 12-29-2007 at 11:34 PM.
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

beerski: congrats! first person on my ignore list

Anyone going up tomorrow?
    Fighting leads to killing, and killing gets to warring. And that was damn near the death of us all.

MadMatt- Telechuck and I are heading up early tomorrow. I'll be on his Bros and I'm betting he'll be on white Gots. I'll be the only douchebag wearing baby blue pants.

Cool. I'll keep a lookout for said douchebag.
    Fighting leads to killing, and killing gets to warring. And that was damn near the death of us all.

I'll be up there, probably around 8.30 - 9am, have to pick up mounted Praxis in Breck at 8am... Wearing red pants, red Scarpa Denali boots, black helmet with Change for a Nickel sticker, and skiing blue Bros

Yup, we will be there. Look for smokkan's sexy baby blue pants. Can't miss those things. I will be on white Goats, funky green and white pants and the biggest puffy coat I own. If it isn't Arctic, I think the ocho will be fun, but it may be brutal over there.

Hopefully CDOT gets it together and the winds die down, so we can get there.

Today was true brutality. Yeah it was cold, but at least it was windy. 4, 8 , 9 never opened, 2 closed early in day, 6 a bit later. Once again we owned the poma and hiked up for untracked S chutes goods. OTR was also pretty sweet to end the day. Whatever's open tomorrow should be great. Expect bare, scoured ground and 5' deep gullies to be the norm. Hopefully a bit of bc tomorrow, the back to LL next year. See ya Tues

I'm planning to be there tomorrow. I predict deepness in select areas.
    MadMatt - brown pants, red jacket, skis where the heel doesn't attach right. The rest of you fools know what I look like.

Are you guys really fully expecting highways to be open tomorrow? I'm trying to get home from Snowmass. I REALLY need a day of rest before the safari continues...
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

I figure there's a decent chance I-70 will open again once it's light out. It really was not too bad this afternoon - a couple spots had pretty limited visibility. If it had been dark though, it would have majorly sucked.
    But yeah, I'm sure as hell not leaving without checking the road report.

If its not open by tomorrow morning, then shame on CDOT. That being said, I won't be surprised by anything tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    If its not open by tomorrow morning, then shame on CDOT. That being said, I won't be surprised by anything tomorrow morning.
    Repeat after me:

"If I want to ski pow, I will wait in georgetown until the highway starts up again, even if the cops say it will be closed for five hours."

Quote Originally Posted by squatch View Post
    Repeat after me:

"If I want to ski pow, I will wait at the top of Floyd Hill until the highway starts up again, even if the cops say it will be closed for five hours."
    Fixed it for you

I am waiting in my living room, with coffee and a book. It still looks crazy windy nuclear up there. Even if they open it today, I am not gonna join the herds, that seems like a recipe for a mess.

Hopefully tomorrow things are calmer and the wind hasn't coated everything to a buffed icy sheen.

I'm going to go fucking nuts sitting around down here for another day.

i am also hoping to get up on new years day. i think it is gonna be gnarly on the roads tho.
    Top of the Food Chain for White Trash America

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    i am also hoping to get up on new years day. i think it is gonna be gnarly on the roads tho.

Leave super early, ski hard until noon or so, bug out. That should avoid the worst of the traffic. Sun is supposed to shine tomorrow, but who knows. The annual tourist migration is something I will never be able to predict.

yeah i am thinking of leaving around 530 in the am or so. perhaps we will have a breakfast together.

Anyone know if Loveland is even open today? From the looks of their webcam, there isn't anyone there- not a soul to be seen.

I was wondering the same thing. Doesn't seem likely that it's open, since you really can't get to it unless you walk.

i bet there are some patrollers there enjoying the goods. but besides that, no-one around. i vote that we chip in and buy a used 5th wheel. leave it at the valley ski area for mag use only. then when there is a big storm like this 5-10 of us can crash out and hike for turns.