Page 220 of 294 FirstFirst ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 7328
    All 5 weekdays for me. Love this area. I need new rear brake pads though, but power sliding does work…..
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

^For what brake? I've probably got some XT/XTR metals laying around.

Monday the 4th might be an option for riding...
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    I could might be down for Sunday.
    wanna do it sunday?

some pics if anyone is interested....

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=b68ad75cf9

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    some pics if anyone is interested....

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=b68ad75cf9
    Nice work. I was thinking that you meant you would descend down to Straight Creek from LL, took me a minute to figure out that you were riding the ridge down and dropping south. Cool, never thought of that one.

I was originally going to descend to straight creek, but I got adventurous and decided to see if I could link up a route in the other direction. On top of the ridge is almost completely ridable, and is truly spectacular. The "road" where I descended off the ridge is pretty much non-existent except for a few spots. It think it would be fun to explore if a reasonable route exists to the top of tenderfoot mountain to link up to the frey gulch trails....

http://www.strava.com/activities/174997226

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    wanna do it sunday?
    Sorry, read too late. Too bad, it was nice all day.

Any takers for Sun 10th-Tues 12th?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Sorry, read too late. Too bad, it was nice all day.

Any takers for Sun 10th-Tues 12th?
    after looking closer on google earth, there does appear to be moto trails that may connect to the top of tenderfoot mountain. If you go...,maybe check them out!

Aaaand no one is gonna bump this thread to salute the beginning of snowmaking?

Call the WROD as geigh as you want, but the WROD heralds the coming of things good.

these mountains in SoCal are really bringing out the inner Gosey in me. WINTER'S COMING, BITCHES.

Commutes to Loveland from SD with a 4pak are only like $210... hmmmm

Shredzweezy OUT
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

BUMP for Winter starting and Loveland starting to get more than the WROD open...also, industry demo this Sunday with multiple companies (not just spam for mine )
    You should have been here yesterday!

And it seems to have been a really weak argument to ban them in the first place. Someone on patrol must have been having a really bad day.

What were they banned for, specifically?
    What is the really weak argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    What were they banned for, specifically?
    What is the really weak argument?
    I asked and received a PM giving me the details, so I won't share because it was private. I signed the petition after seeing some details (take that however you'd like), but I do wish the proponent(s) of the petition would openly share all the details (both good and bad) about the incident and ban, instead of just asking people to sign a petition even if they don't know the people in question and don't know the details of what happened.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

How can you sign a petition without even knowing the details?
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero View Post
    How can you sign a petition without even knowing the details?
    this

I don' t know the full ins and outs of the specific situation, but banning these guys is silly and will diminish what is left of the Loveland experience.

Maybe they could get some terrain open (probably the least open in CO right now) and people would be more inclined to find fun inbounds. Seriously, how hard is it to open some terrain under chair 1? The snow is there, let us ski it, pack it in, make it good. They are just letting it rot away and blow away. Last year for me to get a Loveland pass for sure.

Why are they so freaking conservative about opening terrain at LL? How much more does Abasin have open?

I can only imagine it's a combination of two things. Small "mom n pop" owned + lawyer/insurance influence from past incidents?

LL must have the whiniest skiers on the planet. Sorry about your bros getting banned, and your slow terrain openings, but after a few years of that crap, wouldn't you just move on to another mountain?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Records View Post
    After giving it much thought, I think a one year ban is the minimum that any ski area would do for this situation. Not only is it a permanent closure, everyone knows its a permanent closure, and its visible from nearly the entire ski area. I can't think of anything that could possibly rub "fuck you" in the face of patrol more than this. This isn't a one time thing, you spend a decade cutting every closed run, permanent closure, and DOT closure you can find, eventually its gonna bite you.
    I"m not sure where the details were posted, but what did they ski??

After giving it much thought, I think a one year ban is the minimum that any ski area would do for this situation. Not only is it a permanent closure, everyone knows its a permanent closure, and its visible from nearly the entire ski area. I can't think of anything that could possibly rub "fuck you" in the face of patrol more than this. This isn't a one time thing, you spend a decade cutting every closed run, permanent closure, and DOT closure you can find, eventually its gonna bite you.
    this is what happened.

NOT to you Mike, butyou fuckin retards blow my mind!!!

First, in short, fuck loveland and all i70 based resorts and resorts in general.

2. do not buy a pass buy a sled, go get killed whereever you want

and C. fuck.

They guys in question were, and have been skiing what they want, i do too. fuck the rools i just need a lift to the top.

It was fine when they want a pow shot for the FB page , to boost PR or to "patrol" an area. the problem is when one retard finally figures it out, there are 10 more retards waiting to take his place.

wise up, get invlved and boycott the bullshit for the love of science and you will se change.

fuckers.
    Falling feels like flying........for a little while.

I just checked this thread for the first time this year, and I'm experiencing some disorientation. What the hell is going on? Is this just the usual December "south chutes aren't open yet" complaint?
    Change is good. You go first.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbuilds View Post
    this is what happened.

NOT to you Mike, butyou fuckin retards blow my mind!!!

First, in short, fuck loveland and all i70 based resorts and resorts in general.

2. do not buy a pass buy a sled, go get killed whereever you want

and C. fuck.

They guys in question were, and have been skiing what they want, i do too. fuck the rools i just need a lift to the top.

It was fine when they want a pow shot for the FB page , to boost PR or to "patrol" an area. the problem is when one retard finally figures it out, there are 10 more retards waiting to take his place.

wise up, get invlved and boycott the bullshit for the love of science and you will se change.

fuckers.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by telechuck View Post

Maybe they could get some terrain open (probably the least open in CO right now) and people would be more inclined to find fun inbounds. Seriously, how hard is it to open some terrain under chair 1? The snow is there, let us ski it, pack it in, make it good. They are just letting it rot away and blow away. Last year for me to get a Loveland pass for sure.
    I think it would be interesting to let folks have at the steeps under Lift #1 right now. I think the steeps would be scrapped down to the rocks and dirt within a day, hours if it was a weekend. And then there would be plenty of postings about how much LL screwed up and opened the steeps too early. Besides all the folks that would plant their faces on rocks, etc....
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

I disagree. Porcupine ridge is NOT a permanent closure. It is not marked as one on Loveland's map or any USFS map, and it is not signed as one from outside of the ski area. It is not even marked as a ski area boundary from the top. Essentially, it is managed as a piece of PUBLIC USFS land outside of the ski area, although it IS in loveland's permit area. However, half of dry gulch is also in Loveland's permit area, and there are no access issues there. These guys legally accessed and skied porcupine ridge. The ONLY rule they broke was the act of ducking under a rope to get back into the ski area. If they stopped skiing at the rope line and booted back up the thing as egress, there would have been no infraction.

I just fail to see how entering the ski area under a rope caused so much harm to the ski area that it warrants a 1-year suspension. Honestly, if Loveland is worried about a slide off or porcupine ridge, they should be running avy control on the ridge since they let people ski under it all season. It doesn't take a skier to trigger a slide.

Jordan
    Last edited by skiracer88_00; 12-09-2014 at 09:31 AM.