Page 214 of 294 FirstFirst ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 7328
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiLuv View Post
    Anyways, I saw some people saying they don't mind volunteering. Yeah, that could help LL to open more trails earlier. Unfortunately, I don't think LL, or any ski area, can utilize people who's willing to help for avalanche control without some formal training. There'd be a lot of liability issues if somebody got injured, or worse, died.
    How do you explain Silverton bootpacking, then? I don't think people are saying they'd volunteer to get out there and throw bombs, just that they'd volunteer to help out at some point to do something that might get the mountain open sooner. It can be done, saying it can't is incorrect. Saying that the resort would rather not, because of organizational issues and because it would force them to give something away for free, is probably closer to the truth.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLuv View Post
    Oh, yeah, I missed out a zero. LL has 270,000 visitors and A-Basin something like 400,000. I got 2000 ski-able acres for Breck somewhere on the Internet so that could be a bit off too, but that doesn't matter. LL has WAY more acres per visitor compared to Breck or even A-Basin. If you've ever been to the Ridge and looked around, you know what I mean.

Bendtheski,
    Generally, there are several tryout days during the season. Check out this page.

http://www.lovelandskipatrol.com/ind.../how-to-join-3

Technically, you don't even need to pass the tryout to join. (though you probably won't be participating in avy control if that's the case.) The patrols are medical people first and foremost. If you are bad-ass, chances are you or your buddy got seriously hurt before. They are there when you screw up and you want more medically trained people than bad-asses who can huck off a 30ft cornice but know nothing about how to treat a patient with a broken C spine. So the minimum requirement isn't being a bad-ass. It is going through a training and getting certified in OEC (Outdoor Emergency Care).

English is most definitely your first language.

Quote Originally Posted by soylent green View Post
    @ SkiluvTunnel, face PLZ
    HA!

we'll be lucky if they even open east ropes before it starts to get a nice sun crust by March...

That wind and snow, man - wow. Really was a crap, unenjoyable day. Might just be me tho.

FTV did the Ridge even open today?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    How do you explain Silverton bootpacking, then? I don't think people are saying they'd volunteer to get out there and throw bombs, just that they'd volunteer to help out at some point to do something that might get the mountain open sooner. It can be done, saying it can't is incorrect. Saying that the resort would rather not, because of organizational issues and because it would force them to give something away for free, is probably closer to the truth.
    OK. Maybe some areas let you do it. Most probably don't. Running a ski area IS business, so I wouldn't be surprised if the management didn't want to give out free stuffs, but LL is actually one of the few places that still has a volunteer patrol program and giving out free tickets in return. And it has openings(Last I checked, Winter Park didn't).

It's not like nowhere in LL gets packed either. Patrollers step down A-bowl, OTR, etc all the way from top to bottom early season and you don't usually see avys there. Getting to Rock Chutes and Wild Child and boot pack them is, I think, a different story. That would take a lot more man power. Unfortunately, there is currently no "boot pack for a day ticket" program, but there is at least a volunteer program that you can join if you are dedicated.

Quote Originally Posted by soylent green View Post
    @ SkiluvTunnel, face PLZ
    The face opened last week so hopefully soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    English is most definitely your first language.
    Thanks. But wait until you hear my accent, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado_Freeskier View Post
    Not that I know of or was able to see. In other words - doubt it. Spoke to someone that attempted 4 and said it was brutal. One could only imagine what was going on at the summit.

4 and 8 closed around 11:00 with good reason. No visibility and tons of wind affected snow in places it generally isn't. Trees below cats meow and the surface lift trees held a lot of good snow, but getting there was an adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbuilds View Post
    @mike,

bud, fuck this thread. We know who you are. I've given up on loveland, and I checked this thread, in hopes to see some stoke.

things ive learned.

1. you cant post stoke for a resort that wont open its terrain.

2. It is a ski resort now.

3. let these guys have the "internet airs" plenty of soft snow for us out there!

take er easy bud! enjoy AK, we're missing you at the love!(formerly the resort, now we just lap the passes!!) and poach after 4.

oh right, and C. any day inbounds is fun if it snows, if not, then what are we doing there again?

OH AAANNNNNDDDDD, I thought the troll was Scotty, but he is way more core than that with better lingo, my bad scotty.
    Come visit AK sometime, I'll show ya around.

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheValley View Post
    That wind and snow, man - wow. Really was a crap, unenjoyable day. Might just be me tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado_Freeskier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FromTheValley View Post
    Not that I know of or was able to see. In other words - doubt it. Spoke to someone that attempted 4 and said it was brutal. One could only imagine what was going on at the summit.
    8 closed about 11:15 because of wind. Before that it was deep and fun, but adventurous to say the least. You needed faith and friends to switch off leading…..and everyone knowing the way into the stashes.

Please, everyone bitching, GO TO BREK for fucks sake.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Cat opened today, Field of dreams was MONEY. Home in time for dinner, rad.

I love the Loveland inch.
    THAT LOW ANGLE POW REALLY GETS YOU KNUCKLEGRAGGERS PUMPED, EH?

FACE IT. REAL PATROLLERS WHO CAN OPEN SHIT LIVE IN ALTA, CB, AND JACKSON.

ALL THE DOPEY FUCKIN PINE WARMERS POSE AT PLACES LIKE LOVELAND AND BLAME CLOSURES ON BUDGETS AND STAFF.

MEANWHILE, PLACES LIKE SILVERTON WHO HAVE 100X THE AVALANCHE MITIGATION WITH LIKE 10% OF THE CLIENTELE GET SHIT DONE.

QUIT MAKING EXCUSES YOU DOPES.

BTW-MIKE RECORDS KILLS IT HARDER THAN ANY OF YOU GAPES.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

I'm probably wrong, and out of line to bring it up, but doesn't loveland have about the same terrain open for this time of the year as in the past 5 years or more?

The little IB slide I took a ride on on lower OTR was on the first day it opened from tree line in mid Feb, 4 or 5 years ago. That was a shit year, but I'm pretty sure we're well ahead this year in snowfall, and terrain open.

And skiluv, check those stats on slides on the steeps; A-bowl has gone, usually in the same spot, side-stepped or not, nearly every year since I brought my junk-show to Colorady in 2007.

Anyway, I think this thread is ready to take it to the next level; the "bitch about Loveland Tomorrow" thread.

As much of a cunt as das blunt is in most threads, he's one of the few that remains generally positive about riding Loveland. You tossers could learn something from him, or fuck off and ski somewhere else, which obviously some of you have chosen to do.

Anyway, flaming LL management and policy here isn't likely to accomplish much, and might just make them dig their heels in harder. Probably not though. They probably won't even notice, because people like us don't pay the bills.
    Last edited by bendtheski; 01-10-2014 at 10:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by JONG SLAUGHTER View Post

ALL THE DOPEY FUCKIN PINE WARMERS POSE

Ever heard of pow conservation????? It is like the recycling movement, you know, going green! with only 1400 acres in the gates and gaper jongville, they seem to try to stagger the openings for the greatest number of faceshots.

Who cares how hard Mikey kills it, he comes in here dick waving and expected a chorus of angels backing his almighty badass turns.
    I disagree with his selfish, misguided and poserific statements, especially disrespecting the skiing skills of patrol.
    Terje was right.

Ever heard of pow conservation????? It is like the recycling movement, you know, going green! with only 1400 acres in the gates and gaper jongville, they seem to try to stagger the openings for the greatest number of faceshots.

Who cares how hard Mikey kills it, he comes in here dick waving and expected a chorus of angels backing his almighty badass turns.
    I disagree with his selfish, misguided and poserific statements, especially disrespecting the skiing skills of patrol.
    STAGGER OPENINGS? THAT MIGHT BE THE FUCKING DUMBEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD. IF THAT MADE ANY SENSE THEY'D BE OPENING SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY.

IT'S A FUCKING SKI RESORT, OPEN YOUR SHITTY TERRAIN AND QUIT MAKING EXCUSES.

IF A RESORT WANTS TO IGNORE THE SENTIMENT OF THE MOST RIPPING RIDERS, THEN IT SHOULDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH BEING LABELLED LAME...AS IN LAMELAND.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post

As much of a cunt as das blunt is in most threads, he's one of the few that remains generally positive about riding Loveland..
    YEAH, THERE'S LOTS OF LOYAL VAIL FANS AS WELL.

IT BLOWS THERE TOO.

THAT LOW ANGLE POW REALLY GETS YOU KNUCKLEGRAGGERS PUMPED, EH?

ALL THE DOPEY FUCKIN PINE WARMERS POSE AT PLACES LIKE LOVELAND AND BLAME CLOSURES ON BUDGETS AND STAFF.

MEANWHILE, PLACES LIKE SILVERTON WHO HAVE 100X THE AVALANCHE MITIGATION WITH LIKE 10% OF THE CLIENTELE GET SHIT DONE.

QUIT MAKING EXCUSES YOU DOPES.
    STAGGER OPENINGS? THAT MIGHT BE THE FUCKING DUMBEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD. IF THAT MADE ANY SENSE THEY'D BE OPENING SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY.

IT'S A FUCKING SKI RESORT, OPEN YOUR SHITTY TERRAIN AND QUIT MAKING EXCUSES.

IF A RESORT WANTS TO IGNORE THE SENTIMENT OF THE MOST RIPPING RIDERS, THEN IT SHOULDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH BEING LABELLED LAME...AS IN LAMELAND.

IT BLOWS THERE TOO.
    Truth. Looking forward to your visit, btw.

IT BLOWS THERE TOO.
    Not saying there isn't room for improvement, just that the flaming here isn't likely to affect any kind of positive change.
    IMO, nowhere blows as hard as Vail, for more reasons than just terrain. Loveland is like the anti-vail on so many levels, which is what keeps me coming back. YMMV.

Heading up tomorrow. Hoping wind dies down.

Never Summer slowboard, blue coat, gray pants, black helmet.

Little to no wind when I left at 11am. Prefect day with staggered openings.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

This looks promising:

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 5 PM
    MST MONDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DENVER HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM
    WARNING FOR SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT
    TONIGHT TO 5 PM MST MONDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN
    EFFECT.

* TIMING...STRONG WINDS WILL CAUSE SIGNIFICANT BLOWING AND
    DRIFTING SNOW THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT. SNOW WILL REDEVELOP
    LATE TONIGHT AND CONTINUE THROUGH SUNDAY AND INTO SUNDAY NIGHT.
    THE SNOW WILL TAPER OFF LATE MONDAY.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...NEW SNOWFALL FROM SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH
    MONDAY IS EXPECTED TO BE OF 10 TO 20 INCHES. THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL
    WILL OCCUR ALONG AND WEST OF THE CONTINENTAL DIVIDE.

* WIND/VISIBILITY...WEST TO NORTHWEST WINDS 25 TO 40 MPH WILL BE
    COMMON...WITH GUSTS TO 70 MPH ABOVE TIMBERLINE. THE WINDS WILL
    PRODUCE CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW...REDUCING
    VISIBILITIES TO NEAR ZERO IN EXPOSED AREAS AT TIMES.

* IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS WINTER DRIVING CONDITIONS WILL CONTINUE
    DUE TO ICY AND SNOWPACKED ROADS AND POOR VISIBILITIES. TRAVEL
    RESTRICTIONS AND ROAD CLOSURES WILL BE POSSIBLE. DANGEROUSLY
    COLD WIND CHILL VALUES WILL ALSO RESULT FROM THE SUB-FREEZING
    TEMPERATURES AND GUSTY WINDS.

Hope this one doesn't fizzle out like the last one. Could do without the wind, but I'll be out tomorrow regardless.
    Wearing something tasteful.

^^^^ sounds like a tasty forecast. I am invited to Steamboat for a monday pow day, but I may just stay here and get more stuff done in town.

Loveland really sucks, I think everyone should go to Brek and Vail, they both reported way more snow and I bet the conditions were better.
    Terje was right.

Loveland really sucks, I think everyone should go to Brek and Vail, they both reported way more snow and I bet the conditions were better.
    Plus with Vail being so much further west, sometimes over an hour, no Denverites really go.

I'd just like to say that after skiing crested butte today that it's truly astounding how much this place will open with 130" on the year compared to how little loveland will open with over 150".

Sent from my SM-T310 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Plus with Vail being so much further west, sometimes over an hour, no Denverites really go.
    Have you seen the shit show that is 70 east at 2pm over Vail pass On a weekend day? That's not all tourists.