Page 267 of 267 FirstFirst ... 262 263 264 265 266 267
Results 6,651 to 6,658 of 6658

Loveland tomorrow?

Yesterday (Sunday) was real nice, like skiing in a snow globe made out of a milk jug. About a foot of light snow on top of the heavier stuff skied great. Got a few low-viz laps off 9, snow good enough it made up for lack of being able to see. And West and East Ropes were skiing better than Ive ever skied them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Whos up Monday?
    I wish, should be good. Im a maybe for tomorrow and/or Wednesday.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Hit Loveland for the first time in a while today. It was pretty fun, skied off a bit (duh, I went after a huge weekend). Couple questions for the faithful.
    - Is Chair 9 always that slow? It seemed like it was on their "it is windy mode" but it was actually a nice still day, especially for Loveland.
    - Has upper OTR been open? It has a nice slide in it now, just wondering if folks skied that earlier in the week and then patrol got it to rip.
    - Observation, dang, that cornice on Porcupine Ridge (just over the high point) is HUDGE.

Somehow there were no lines, but the lot full........total bonus.

Pretty sure upper and middle OTR (Sleeper trees) have not been open this year. Lower OTR has been open. However all of it was closed on Saturday because patrol did not do mitigation on Friday, and didn't get on it early enough Saturday AM to do mitigation before the lot was full of cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

I’ll be up there early tomorrow. Spoke to someone on a chair Monday that had skinned up before opening. I haven’t got my waiver yet and don’t wanna do it in the morning but would jump in with someone that wants to skin up a future weekday. I haven’t toured since I fractured my fibula a few years back, need to get my stride back.

Quote Originally Posted by telechuck View Post
    Hit Loveland for the first time in a while today. It was pretty fun, skied off a bit (duh, I went after a huge weekend). Couple questions for the faithful.
    - Is Chair 9 always that slow? It seemed like it was on their "it is windy mode" but it was actually a nice still day, especially for Loveland.
    - Has upper OTR been open? It has a nice slide in it now, just wondering if folks skied that earlier in the week and then patrol got it to rip.
    - Observation, dang, that cornice on Porcupine Ridge (just over the high point) is HUDGE.

Somehow there were no lines, but the lot full........total bonus.
    - I was up on Tuesday as well, and had the same thought about Chair 9 running super slow. So, no... it's usually a bit faster in my recollection.
    - I did talk with someone who said they believe the slide on upper OTR was natural, not patrol triggered. Zero clue if that person was full of isht or actually knew. Otherwise what adrenalated sayed: lower OTR has been open but not upper.
    - Yes, yes it is. Hell, even the cornice on top of Primer Bowl seems substantial this year... and patrol got Primer to slide to the ground with less than 10% the amount of explosives that wouldn't even get Patrol bowl to move a little.*

* Info from a a patroller I rode the lift with this week

Punch it, Chewie.

OTR was closed during the entire storm cycle. Patrol did mitigation work on starting on Monday. Including upper OTR. Pretty sure it was not a natural.

Free the "steeps"

Met a local celebrity dropping in to poma line today... real cool customer for sure.

Punch it, Chewie.