Page 5 of 293 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Just got an email from them saying they never opened today.

really? Dang I would have figured that the employees would have appeared from thin air to run the place today.

Someone measured the snow this morning... unless they just eyeballed it on the webcam.

or read it from the sensor

I got one run in yesterday before they closed lift 8. trees to skiers right were like velvet. I hope the mountain isn't super fucked from all this wind. visibility was scary

I wonder if I should bother trying tomorrow. Everyone is off of work right? Maybe everyone will be too hung over to go skiing . . .
    Fighting leads to killing, and killing gets to warring. And that was damn near the death of us all.

man, there could be a shit load of wind loaded goodness tomorrow, but i somehow doubt i will be up first thing in the morning
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

Quote Originally Posted by nick > jesus View Post
    man, there could be a shit load of wind loaded goodness tomorrow, but i somehow doubt i will be up first thing in the morning
    I am banking on both, windblown goodness and slackers not getting up early.

Quote Originally Posted by nick > jesus View Post
    That's your uncle talking.

another day for the praxi... starting to feel bad for my goats getting sidelined so much. perhaps they will come out too.

telechuck - give me a ring when/if you REALLY make it outta the kitchen tomorrow. :-0

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Jong Kenobi View Post
    That's your uncle talking.
    Uncle jager is a bitch.

That said, im hanging with visiting family tonight and will be up for first chair. Curious to what the apocalypse event did to 1, but it's gotta be good somewhere...
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by Poop*Ghost View Post
    another day for the praxi... starting to feel bad for my goats getting sidelined so much. perhaps they will come out too.

telechuck - give me a ring when/if you REALLY make it outta the kitchen tomorrow. :-0
    I should be in the lodge by 7:30. PowderPig is allegedly coming as well. I will give you a ring.

anyone go up there today ? how was it ?
    Top of the Food Chain for White Trash America

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Uncle jager is a bitch.

That said, im hanging with visiting family tonight and will be up for first chair. Curious to what the apocalypse event did to 1, but it's gotta be good somewhere...
    How was chair 1? Given what I saw at Keystone yesterday I imagine it is pretty fucked...

was 9 open today?
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

Yea, is it worth heading up tomorrow or go elsewhere?
    I've got more suits than Liberace, but less than Eastvailhucker.

It was good today. 9 was open, but it looked pretty bony and it was wicked cold, so I stuck to 1, 4, & 8. I did see some folks throwing lots of smoke coming down Patrol Bowl, so it couldn't have been too bad. South Chutes were good. Trees off The Face at the bottom of 8 were really good. Still a lot of snow back there.

Rode up with a random stranger wearing Praxis. Turned out to be Bernardo.
    Last edited by jibij; 01-01-2008 at 05:23 PM.

Loveland sucked today. The snow was too deep, too few gapers, the runs were too steep and the hucks on the fucking headwall were to fucking HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by P_McPoser View Post
    How was chair 1? Given what I saw at Keystone yesterday I imagine it is pretty fucked...
    I thought chair 1 was great. Good buffed pow in the right spots, flattened softpack elsewhere. Still need more snow to cover some fun areas though...

Otherwise better than expected. No crust, just nice mellow windbuff. Missed the headwall cause I had to head back, but bet patrolrock was hitting awesome.

Met bernardo too, good skiing with ya.
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by jibij View Post
    Trees off The Face at the bottom of 8 were really good. Still a lot of snow back there.
    so last run of my day, I'm looking down the entrance to The Face w/ Adrenalated. I've never headed skiers left (below the rope) from the entrance... and I dropped in to check it out. It looks like it's a river bed, steep sides and lots of downed trees. It was one of the best runs of the day. It was knee deep on the praxis and un-skied all the way to the bottom. definitely some very tight spots and drops, but it's definitely the place to be after freshies fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Poop*Ghost View Post
    so last run of my day, I'm looking down the entrance to The Face w/ Adrenalated. I've never headed skiers left (below the rope) from the entrance... and I dropped in to check it out. It looks like it's a river bed, steep sides and lots of downed trees. It was one of the best runs of the day. It was knee deep on the praxis and un-skied all the way to the bottom. definitely some very tight spots and drops, but it's definitely the place to be after freshies fall.
    haha cool - didn't know someone else was skiing Praxis today at Loveland

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    ...bet patrolrock was hitting awesome....
    Wonder if you still have to hit it at 40+ mph...? That MIGHT be on my to-do list for the week.

See you fooligans up there bright and early tomorrow, with one or three good friends in tow (hoping my two goofball friends didn't get totally screwed by United Airlines today...)
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

I'll be up there tomorrow for sure too, being sick blows.

Most of the mountain was pretty good today, and there may even be something left for tomorrow. It was a sweet day to get back on some spatulas after a short and disappointing time with pontoons. I was definitely jealous of the several pairs of praxis running around.

Quote Originally Posted by baxter View Post
    I'll be up there tomorrow for sure too, being sick blows.
    I agree. I was sick, got better, skied pow (at loveland yesterday), and now I can barely move due the fact that my flu decided to come back.

Yesterday was a very good day. We skied some good snow on 4 most of the day until the ridge opened. Got first tracks down the #4 headwall. Pretty sweet day overall.