Page 5 of 252 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 6298
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Three-O-Three
    Posts
    13,070
    Just got an email from them saying they never opened today.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Republik Indonesia
    Posts
    8,392
    really? Dang I would have figured that the employees would have appeared from thin air to run the place today.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Three-O-Three
    Posts
    13,070
    Someone measured the snow this morning... unless they just eyeballed it on the webcam.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Republik Indonesia
    Posts
    8,392
    or read it from the sensor

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    335
    I got one run in yesterday before they closed lift 8. trees to skiers right were like velvet. I hope the mountain isn't super fucked from all this wind. visibility was scary

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro
    Posts
    705
    I wonder if I should bother trying tomorrow. Everyone is off of work right? Maybe everyone will be too hung over to go skiing . . .
    Fighting leads to killing, and killing gets to warring. And that was damn near the death of us all.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,627
    man, there could be a shit load of wind loaded goodness tomorrow, but i somehow doubt i will be up first thing in the morning
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    People's Republic of Boulder
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by nick > jesus View Post
    man, there could be a shit load of wind loaded goodness tomorrow, but i somehow doubt i will be up first thing in the morning
    I am banking on both, windblown goodness and slackers not getting up early.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by nick > jesus View Post
    man, there could be a shit load of wind loaded goodness tomorrow, but i somehow doubt i will be up first thing in the morning
    That's your uncle talking.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    4,342
    another day for the praxi... starting to feel bad for my goats getting sidelined so much. perhaps they will come out too.

    telechuck - give me a ring when/if you REALLY make it outta the kitchen tomorrow. :-0

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Golden
    Posts
    6,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Jong Kenobi View Post
    That's your uncle talking.
    Uncle jager is a bitch.

    That said, im hanging with visiting family tonight and will be up for first chair. Curious to what the apocalypse event did to 1, but it's gotta be good somewhere...
    Drive slow, homie.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    People's Republic of Boulder
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop*Ghost View Post
    another day for the praxi... starting to feel bad for my goats getting sidelined so much. perhaps they will come out too.

    telechuck - give me a ring when/if you REALLY make it outta the kitchen tomorrow. :-0
    I should be in the lodge by 7:30. PowderPig is allegedly coming as well. I will give you a ring.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Madison Park, Seattle
    Posts
    1,231
    anyone go up there today ? how was it ?
    Top of the Food Chain for White Trash America

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Republik Indonesia
    Posts
    8,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Uncle jager is a bitch.

    That said, im hanging with visiting family tonight and will be up for first chair. Curious to what the apocalypse event did to 1, but it's gotta be good somewhere...
    How was chair 1? Given what I saw at Keystone yesterday I imagine it is pretty fucked...

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,627
    was 9 open today?
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

  16. #116
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Radville
    Posts
    3,341
    Yea, is it worth heading up tomorrow or go elsewhere?
    I've got more suits than Liberace, but less than Eastvailhucker.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Dtown/Gtown
    Posts
    3,418
    It was good today. 9 was open, but it looked pretty bony and it was wicked cold, so I stuck to 1, 4, & 8. I did see some folks throwing lots of smoke coming down Patrol Bowl, so it couldn't have been too bad. South Chutes were good. Trees off The Face at the bottom of 8 were really good. Still a lot of snow back there.

    Rode up with a random stranger wearing Praxis. Turned out to be Bernardo.
    Last edited by jibij; 01-01-2008 at 06:23 PM.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    coloRADo
    Posts
    2,115
    Loveland sucked today. The snow was too deep, too few gapers, the runs were too steep and the hucks on the fucking headwall were to fucking HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Golden
    Posts
    6,249
    Quote Originally Posted by P_McPoser View Post
    How was chair 1? Given what I saw at Keystone yesterday I imagine it is pretty fucked...
    I thought chair 1 was great. Good buffed pow in the right spots, flattened softpack elsewhere. Still need more snow to cover some fun areas though...

    Otherwise better than expected. No crust, just nice mellow windbuff. Missed the headwall cause I had to head back, but bet patrolrock was hitting awesome.

    Met bernardo too, good skiing with ya.
    Drive slow, homie.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    4,342
    Quote Originally Posted by jibij View Post
    Trees off The Face at the bottom of 8 were really good. Still a lot of snow back there.
    so last run of my day, I'm looking down the entrance to The Face w/ Adrenalated. I've never headed skiers left (below the rope) from the entrance... and I dropped in to check it out. It looks like it's a river bed, steep sides and lots of downed trees. It was one of the best runs of the day. It was knee deep on the praxis and un-skied all the way to the bottom. definitely some very tight spots and drops, but it's definitely the place to be after freshies fall.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    coloRADo
    Posts
    2,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop*Ghost View Post
    so last run of my day, I'm looking down the entrance to The Face w/ Adrenalated. I've never headed skiers left (below the rope) from the entrance... and I dropped in to check it out. It looks like it's a river bed, steep sides and lots of downed trees. It was one of the best runs of the day. It was knee deep on the praxis and un-skied all the way to the bottom. definitely some very tight spots and drops, but it's definitely the place to be after freshies fall.
    haha cool - didn't know someone else was skiing Praxis today at Loveland

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Saaaan Diaago
    Posts
    3,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    ...bet patrolrock was hitting awesome....
    Wonder if you still have to hit it at 40+ mph...? That MIGHT be on my to-do list for the week.

    See you fooligans up there bright and early tomorrow, with one or three good friends in tow (hoping my two goofball friends didn't get totally screwed by United Airlines today...)
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

    "Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Crested Butte
    Posts
    298
    I'll be up there tomorrow for sure too, being sick blows.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    275
    Most of the mountain was pretty good today, and there may even be something left for tomorrow. It was a sweet day to get back on some spatulas after a short and disappointing time with pontoons. I was definitely jealous of the several pairs of praxis running around.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Boulder
    Posts
    721
    Quote Originally Posted by baxter View Post
    I'll be up there tomorrow for sure too, being sick blows.
    I agree. I was sick, got better, skied pow (at loveland yesterday), and now I can barely move due the fact that my flu decided to come back.

    Yesterday was a very good day. We skied some good snow on 4 most of the day until the ridge opened. Got first tracks down the #4 headwall. Pretty sweet day overall.
    _____________________

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •