Page 269 of 294 FirstFirst ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,725 of 7329

Thread: Loveland tomorrow?

At some point prior to opening today they ran a cat over a small section of the trail above treeline (maybe a 10% of the trail) but looks like it may need another good sized storm.

Thanks. I figure it will be a few storms until 8 and 9 are open, but spinning Ptarmigan can open up quite a bit of terrain and ease the pressure on 1 & 2. Hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by cspringsposer View Post
    Thanks. I figure it will be a few storms until 8 and 9 are open, but spinning Ptarmigan can open up quite a bit of terrain and ease the pressure on 1 & 2. Hopefully soon.
    Ptarmigan is still a couple storms away. In this pattern...maybe by 2nd week of Dec if we're lucky. Lift 6 will open first. Then Ptarmigan, 4, 8, and 9.

Real shit snow year thus far.

Today was as hard as concrete...total waste of time. Been a long time since I’ve seen an early season this bad.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado_Freeskier View Post
    Today was as hard as concrete...total waste of time
    sig worthy

Today was as hard as concrete...total waste of time. Been a long time since I’ve seen an early season this bad.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    So the Ridge isn’t close? Is patrol at least bootlicking?

I was thinking of dropping in this week but sounds like that would be using poor judgement.

The way this weather is looking I'm not sure 8&9 will get open before 2021.

Been a long time since I’ve seen an early season this bad.
    Short memory...

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Short memory...
    17 was probably worse. At least this year is cold and they can make snow, if they have the water.

Any observations, like were most of these folks using their 4-paks tickets, or have they sold that many more passes this year? They for sure did not cap pass sales.

Forecast aside from tomo looks like crap for another 10 days.

Yeah I'm still on the fence, need to shit or get off the pot.

Lots of day tickets. Lots of 4 packs. Season passes I've been told (two weeks ago) by someone in accounting that season pass sales were pretty flat.

That said, have 5 friends in the last week who bought passes cause of the reservation clusterfuck at other places.

One good thing about having loveland and A-Basin season passes is 6 days at Monarch, which happened to be awesome and empty yesterday. Patrol opened most of the stuff on Panorama ridge. Little bit rocky, but super fun. Nice to see a patrol that is aggressive on getting terrain open. Its like the anti-loveland.

Here is my 14 year old ripping up JR's shortly after it opened:

Just bought passes for me and the 6 year old. Looking forward to skiing with more mags as the opportunity arises.

Yeah, just went against my better judgment and picked up a pass. But I doubt I'll be up there until they spread things out a bit more after a few more storms. I'll for sure be using all my Monarch days, and will probably get to Powderhorn and Sunlight, Cooper for shits and grins, Purg and a few others for a day or 2. Playing the long game this season but I'm pretty stoked to ski some smaller resorts and keep it low key. I'll probably defer my Ikon pass unless we get serious dumpage late December at the local hill, no plans to use it at the moment.

Last Tuesday was enough to convince me I didn't need to come back till this Monday. NFW I'm trying to resort ski any holiday for the foreseeable future. XC was a good alternative last spring, and I suck so bad I get puckered going 5mph, so really more exciting than anything open IB right now anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

^^ 3:36 am?? You still doing dispatch?

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Yeah, just went against my better judgment and picked up a pass. But I doubt I'll be up there until they spread things out a bit more after a few more storms. I'll for sure be using all my Monarch days, and will probably get to Powderhorn and Sunlight, Cooper for shits and grins, Purg and a few others for a day or 2. Playing the long game this season but I'm pretty stoked to ski some smaller resorts and keep it low key. I'll probably defer my Ikon pass unless we get serious dumpage late December at the local hill, no plans to use it at the moment.
    Then we must ski small places together this year. Actually thought I saw you at LL on Sunday, but when I yelled your name she flipped me off...

I am also thinking long term and know the law of averages means the second half of the year should result in some deep, deep snow. Right?
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Then we must ski small places together this year. Actually thought I saw you at LL on Sunday, but when I yelled your name she flipped me off...

I am also thinking long term and know the law of averages means the second half of the year should result in some deep, deep snow. Right?
    Haha, either she knows me and hates my guts or knows me and is truly offended you thought she was me. Love it.

Law of averages. Damn straight. Twitch is in too, pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Just bought passes for me and the 6 year old. Looking forward to skiing with more mags as the opportunity arises.
    I am up just about every weekend with my 8 year old, let me know and we can meet up.

Quote Originally Posted by iamTRuTH View Post
    I am up just about every weekend with my 8 year old, let me know and we can meet up.
    Cool. We'll mostly be there Mondays when there is no online school, but I'll reach out when we make it out on a weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    One good thing about having loveland and A-Basin season passes is 6 days at Monarch, which happened to be awesome and empty yesterday. Patrol opened most of the stuff on Panorama ridge. Little bit rocky, but super fun. Nice to see a patrol that is aggressive on getting terrain open. Its like the anti-loveland.
    That's what I always liked about Breck, get the bony terrain open stat!

Anyway, thanks for the pic, I will head to Monarch today and expect to have some fun turns...
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

I forgot to say. If anybody else is going to Monarch today - I am wearing orange striped pumpkin pants, can't miss it. Change for a nickel?
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

I'll probably be up for a couple laps in the am

Nice! I'm in Leadville, trying to get moving, hopefully there crack o noon.
    Henry David Thoreau

pro leisure start here as well. I'll be in the upper lot, acid green arcteryx jacket over black bibs, silver 4 runnr with my goldy fur babies chasing tennis balls