Page 268 of 294 FirstFirst ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,700 of 7328
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I know a guy who did this a few times. When there was little or no snow. Probably not something you should bank on being able to do and or not getting caught but he didn’t care.
    Sounds like something Biker would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
    You better be on a snowmobile, since the path isn't plowed.....
    I know a guy who did this a few times. I think eventually the sheriff slapped him with a ticket since the path is non-motorized.

Is patrol getting off their asses and bootlicking the Ridge?

Nothing decisive has been announced about reservations, correct? Leaning toward Loveland passes for me and the boy. Will mostly ski Mondays, I expect.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Nothing decisive has been announced about reservations, correct? Leaning toward Loveland passes for me and the boy. Will mostly ski Mondays, I expect.
    The official line you will get from anyone at Loveland -- including if you contact the Uphams -- is "we are not planning to have reservations".

You have to take that for what you will. Implementing such a system is a big overhead cost with a big time commitment. And it's likely to piss off a lot of people one way or the other: see Abasin last spring and how things are going to go for EPICIKONers who need reservations most everywhere to use their pass this year.

From what I can guess, planning not to means they aren't likely even planning one as a backup. What that means if it gets out of hand is anyones guess. No walk up sales? Closing?

Maybe they're banking on the fact that indoor, warm spaces (limited in base lodge, no on-hill warming huts) will be so severly limited that a lot of folks stay home.

If the basin isn't doing reservations I highly doubt loveland would

Loveland tomorrow?

Question re: 4 packs. Any idea if Loveland has a record of what 4 pack tickets have not been used and can reissue those? I have 3 tickets left from last year’s 4 pack but cannot fucking find them in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Question re: 4 packs. Any idea if Loveland has a record of what 4 pack tickets have not been used and can reissue those? I have 3 tickets left from last year’s 4 pack but cannot fucking find them in my house.
    No idea. I know they said last year's 4 pack tickets would work for this year, I have 2, but if you lose them?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Their website says:

4-Paks are non-refundable and can’t be replaced if they are lost or stolen

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Their website says:

4-Paks are non-refundable and can’t be replaced if they are lost or stolen
    Thanks, I’ll keep looking 🤬

They’ll be in the last place you look.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    They’ll be in the last place you look.
    Or right under my nose?

Is patrol getting off their asses and bootlicking the Ridge?
    Monday, I heard.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Loveland opens tomorrow!

I hear patrol has made great progress with the bootlicking such that opening day runs include:
    Catwalk
    Mambo
    Home Run
    Wild Child

Any word on number of pass sales this year?

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Wild Child

Loveland Ski Area will open for the 2020/21 season on Wednesday, November 11

Is Spillway looking like they’ll open it soon?

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    Any word on number of pass sales this year?
    I was told by their marketing guy that there is no limit. The pass price increases Dec 1st, but they will not limit sales.

My guess then is the brunt of their biz are 4-paks from the frangers. They for sure made them less available to buy this fall, but they're still not limiting them, just the usual cutoff date. TBH I don't know when that date is this year as I don't usually buy the 4-pak.

Do you have a place to stay, or do you do the 4 hours in the car for day trips? I could not do that.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Do you have a place to stay, or do you do the 4 hours in the car for day trips? I could not do that.
    My motto has always been to ski longer than it takes for the RT drive to make it worth my while. I mean, it worked for me all through my twenties and thirties when I lived on the Front Range. Lots of bell-to-bell days for sure.

At this point though I'm still on the fence for a pass, intentionally waiting to see what happens leading up to Dec 1st before I make the final call.

Had an interesting encounter up there today.

Old boomer in his 60's, solo, skied passed the entire shitshow line at Chair 1. Got up in front of us to a group of 3 right behind the front row. He asked the group if he "could just wait in line with them". The group was confused, but said yeah. I called him out and asked what he was doing. He said "I'm solo and it helps the line move faster if I group up and stand in line with another group".

Sure makes sense, if you are solo and group up with someone that doesn't mind AND RIDE THE FUCKING CHAIR WITH THEM, all good.

But this fucker was literally cutting by the entire line to the front and just grouping up with people in line only, then riding solo on a chair by himself after the front row was released. Saw him do this mulitple other times the rest of the day. Dude was convinced this wasnt cutting and made the line move faster, even stated how he does it everytime he's been up.

Well, I guess the line does go faster, for him. Fucking asshole.

I had a old boomer there today tell me we weren't allowed to group up two singles to a chair when I offered for him to join me. He didn't want to hear that it at fucking all -- started telling me off about me need to not spread lies and be safe. That was, until the a patroller buddy jumped in line with me.

A total shitshow up there today for sure...I lasted 3 runs and got in line for number 4 and said fuck the wait. Been skiing there since 97 and I've never seen it that bad but a full parking lot with 1.5 - 2? runs open was fucking ridiculous. The singles line crossed under chair 2 and went on for a while. Didn't feel it was at all related to extra spacing for COVID related countermeasures and the lifties did a great job.

I think I rode the lift with that guy...pulled a real dick move passing up all the folks behind me in line, but no-one said anything.
    Last edited by Colorado_Freeskier; 11-25-2020 at 11:27 PM.

Any chance Ptarmigan gets open any time soon?